• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

I miss Blockbuster so much. Perusing the aisles was so satisfying. That's how I randomly picked up so many games, like Final Fantasy Tactics and a bunch of others I never would have played, since accessible information wasn't as easy to attain.

My favorite memory was picking up Dragon Ball when I was little little. It was the Oolong episode and I watched it like 100 times. You should have heard my jaw hit the floor years later when I saw DBZ on Cartoon Network. I had no clue how big it was, or was going to be in America.

When I was in 4th grade, I used to beg my mother to go out of her way to a specific Blockbuster that stocked Mega Man X2 and X3. Then when I was in 6th grade, I had an uncle that worked at a Blockbuster. I would bring my GBA and play what ever games I wanted for as long as I hung out there. Not to mention all the free cokes from UNOs that I wanted. Good times.

Rean

Opinions are crazy things. Everyone and their mum thinks The Last of Us is the greatest game ever made, best last gen, so on. I think the story is entertaining. Controlling the game itself, on the other hand, I find relatively boring. I played through the game once, never touched the DLC. Is my opinion changed by some arbitrary Metacritic score? "Oh, maybe I just don't appreciate it - maybe I'm missing something." Nah. That's how opinions work. So, yeah, some games that focus more on cinematics will review well, others won't - just like anything else - and the reasons as to why will be completely up to the one playing the game
Yea, I kind of feel like that towards Dragon Age last year. It felt like I was playing a single player mmo. I also feel like Dark Souls 2 should've won GOTY last year instead of it. Reguardless of all of its faults compared to Demons and Dark Souls 1.

Yea, I kind of feel like that towards Dragon Age last year. It felt like I was playing a single player mmo. I also feel like Dark Souls 2 should've won GOTY last year instead of it. Reguardless of all of its faults compared to Demons and Dark Souls 1.

Weren't folks complaining about downgrades in dark souls 2? I'm telling you man it's always some sort of drama.

When I was in 4th grade, I used to beg my mother to go out of her way to a specific Blockbuster that stocked Mega Man X2 and X3. Then when I was in 6th grade, I had an uncle that worked at a Blockbuster. I would bring my GBA and play what ever games I wanted for as long as I hung out there. Not to mention all the free cokes from UNOs that I wanted. Good times.

Can you tell me what heaven is like, because that sounds like you've seen the face of God.

Yeah! I feel ya, man. I never really got into DA:I. I have seen one complaint regarding DSII that I sincerely do not understand, and that it the suggestion that it is not a true successor to Dark Souls. Blows my mind.

Weren't folks complaining about downgrades in dark souls 2? I'm telling you man it's always some sort of drama.

That shit was so fucking dumb, I remember being banned at the time thinking "Thank fuck I got banned, other wise it would have been a perm."

Skullface

Can you tell me what heaven is like, because that sounds like you've seen the face of God.

Dude, it was the highlight of my 6th grade year. I would travel on the bus as 12 year old to Cambridge, which is a city over from where I lived, Arlington (Menotomy for all you history buffs). It'd typically be a Friday and I'd have no more than $5 in my pocket, $1.30 of which went towards busfare. That's how I first played the Oracle Zelda titles and Circle of the Moon.

brau

the order is the next carnival of stupid and its amazing

c279fb3ce0.gif

You might change this thread title.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| Inofficial The Order 1886 Thread. It is an order to decide if you hate it or not!

Dawg

There's so much negative energy at times that it feels suffocating.

Tru dat. Also, I think it's funny you said - before the reviews went live - GameTrailers and my review would be your main point of focus. I say this because the game got decent scores off the both of us :p

I respect other reviewers having different opinions, but I can't help but feel like the critics have slammed this title a little bit too harshly.

Rean

Yea, it was basically like the watch dogs downgrade it which the E3 demo wasn't like the final product. Even Scholar of the First Sin (Next Gen Goty Edition) doesn't live up to it but the lighting is back to some extent.

Ok guys, seriously now. I love all this Off-Topic bullshit we keep always talking about. But there are enough The Order 1886 Love/Hate discussion in other threads. Seriously, if this doesn't change, I will stay out of here for a while.. It's on every page, it isn't even possible to ignore it anymore!

We discuss Persona 5 and FFXV..

Edit: beaten by LD and yes Silent hills

Persona 5 and FFXV work, too. I sorta prefer that we keep this community spoiler-free (as far as GZ and TPP are concerned), but that's really up to you guys. We don't exactly bring in a lot of newcomers - at least, we haven't, but I think that'll change with TPP's release. I think everyone here should just play the game start to finish before they even think about GAF. Otherwise, you will be spoiled. We've gotta use those spoiler tags when the game is out, though, for sure, even with GZ stuff, I think.

Uff! i can't wait for SHs!

If i had to choose one game to play for all times right now, at this very moment it would have to be
persona 5
. :D

:lol :lol :lol Right?!

Persona 5 and FFXV work, too. I sorta prefer that we keep this community spoiler-free (as far as GZ and TPP are concerned), but that's really up to you guys. We don't exactly bring in a lot of newcomers - at least, we haven't, but I think that'll change with TPP's release. I think everyone here should just play the game start to finish before they even think about GAF. Otherwise, you will be spoiled. We've gotta use those spoiler tags when the game is out, though, for sure, even with GZ stuff, I think.

It's going to be spoiler free rest at least on my end. If we want to discuss story elements we could always just party up on Ps4 it would be mayhem with a full party lol I think mgs-Gaf is mindful of spoilers.

It's going to be spoiler free rest at least on my end. If we want to discuss story elements we could always just party up on Ps4 it would be mayhem with a full party lol I think mgs-Gaf is mindful of spoilers.

So at that point do we all move over there or talk about it here?

Talking here about it is fine, I guess.

We can probably be more liberal with spoilers here. I'm staying way the fuck away from the MGSV OT (apart from me posting the dawgwoof.gif), because A) I don't want to be spoiled, and way more importantly, B)

who cares ill be playing mgsv

I seriously will not be posting much, if at all, other than when I'm on the go and on my mobile device. I've been waiting too fucking long for this game. And so has everyone else here.

When finally playing TPP, I can't wait to read about other people's thoughts as they progress through the game, in terms of gameplay, etc. In the Community thread, of course.

brau

We can probably be more liberal with spoilers here. I'm staying way the fuck away from the MGSV OT (apart from me posting the dawgwoof.gif), because A) I don't want to be spoiled, and way more importantly, B)

I seriously will not be posting much, if at all, other than when I'm on the go and on my mobile device. I've been waiting too fucking long for this game. And so has everyone else here.

I'll prbly try to stay away from that too. I'll talk in here or wherever you guys are at. But i want to kinda experience everything in TPP on my own without spoilers.

So at that point do we all move over there or talk about it here?

I'll just get fultoned to whatever place everyone is at. Like a sheep. Beeeheeeheheeh!

When finally playing TPP, I can't wait to read about other people's thoughts as they progress through the game, in terms of gameplay, etc. In the Community thread, of course.

Oh, yeah. I'm much more interested in what people here in the Community Thread have to say. Too many people in Gaming piss me off with their shit for me to really go over there and discuss.

I'll probably leave entirely once it is released.
Not even joking.

Yeah, well, as long as I'm able, I'm playing the game. Point, blank, period.

I'll prbly try to stay away from that too. I'll talk in here or wherever you guys are at. But i want to kinda experience everything in TPP on my own without spoilers.

For sure.

Gameplay/mechanics impressions is fine in my book. Story elements should be banned for the community thread the OT for the game should serve that purpose.

Are easter eggs or secrets spoilers fair game as long as they aren't story related?

I honestly think they should be spoiler tagged. This game is going to have loads of Easter Eggs. I remember going fucking HAM on a friend of mine for spoiling Kojima in Ground Zeroes. :lol (Which is why I'm not watching the release trailer.)

Dawg

inb4 reviews give MGS V a 4/10 because "fulton is not realistic and quiet is an example of the misogynistic culture we live in"
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

inb4 reviews give MGS V a 4/10 because "fulton is not realistic and quiet is an example of the misogynistic culture we live in"
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Oh, I know that dumb shit is going to happen, which is - again - why I'm staying out of the MGSV OT. There's going to be way too much of that garbage.

Batzi

Banned
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Quiet is not a primary character and meeting with her is optional so I don't think it will be a big deal.

Oh, yeah. I'm much more interested in what people here in the Community Thread have to say. Too many people in Gaming piss me off with their shit for me to really go over there and discuss.

Yeah, for now best to stick with that. The thing is that I also don't want to spend hours trying to catch up on others' impressions since this thread moves so fast! I'd rather read it day-by-day, since this is the first time I'm buying a major game at the same time as most people here.

I'll only write my thoughts after beating the game, can't risk spoilers.

I hope this thread will stay relatively safe when it comes to spoilers.

I just wanna complete the story as fast as possible to avoid spoilers.

I see. I wanna take my time. Hopefully this thread won't get spoilery.

Batzi

Banned
Missed the last 7 pages or so but DAAAAAAMMMMNNN SON! HOLY COW! SHIIIIIIT!

ITS FUCKING HAPPENING! SOMEONE HOLD ME! SNOOOOOOOWWWWW!

WOOHAAAAAAAA!

I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING
I hope it's real snow effect not like the one we experienced in Deja Vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom