• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

I disagree with the critics for what it's worth. The game is flawed, for sure. But it isn't THAT bad. Damn. Makes it look like shovelware.

Just my opinion, of course. And here I was, thinking I might be a little too harsh :p

I disagree with the critics for what it's worth. The game is flawed, for sure. But it isn't THAT bad. Damn. Makes it look like shovelware.

Just my opinion, of course. And here I was, thinking I might be a little too harsh :p

Well when the gameplay is extremely limited so it's going to get a lot of hate. Despite what people might think about mgs4 we actually got to play a lot despite the long ass cutscenes.

You can still project your "artistic vision" but I want to play and have control! Plus exploration should be encouraged. If not then RaD should do film-making.

brau

Thanks! I'm curious to see what to you got up your sleeve.

How about this?

uhqHYBX.png

I gotta clean up the Diamond Dogs banner thingie to not have the white around.

Cleaned it up.

msq05xP.png

Dawg

Well when the gameplay is extremely limited so it's going to get a lot of hate. Despite what people might think about mgs4 we actually got to play a lot despite the long ass cutscenes.

You can still project your "artistic vision" but I want to play and have control! Plus exploration should be encouraged. If not then RaD should do film-making.

Oh, I agree. But it's much harsher than I expected. This is my conclusion:

If you're not interested in a cinematic third-person shooter, then this game is probably not for you. With an average playing time of eight to ten hours, this is a game that only fans of the cinematic approach will appreciate. The story is a double edged sword. The way they tell it is impressive, but the story itself has a lot of inconsistencies and is only really good as a foundation for a potential sequel. The gameplay is standard third-person shooter stuff with a noticeable lack of challenge and a few minor faults like a disappointing melee system and a few animations (such as rolling) you can only use when the game wants you to. In terms of presentation, it is a clear winner. Far above all other games. It is an aspect that rightly deserves praise and hopefully it will encourage other developers to reach a similar level of detail. It makes the future of this generation look promising. As a whole, The Order 1886 is definitely worth playing and it turns out to be a nice introduction to a franchise we hope will have a bright future ahead of it. However, this game is not without its faults and we simple cannot deny the fact this game is a bit light on the content side. It is obvious this game has paid a heavy price to reach the immensely high production values. It is up to the player to decide whether it was worth it.

The body I've lost.. won't stop hurting..

So.. hurt me more!!

BROTHAS, I HAVE RETURNED.

Aside from complete blockage of my right ear and a cough and raspy voice from hell (This is all terrible things for my night life as a musician...) I'm feeling a lot better! Antibiotic because apparently I'm viral, baby. Pills to suppress the coughing. Annnnnd some nasal spray to clear the sinuses, that have some steroid to bring the inflammation down in my ear. I was also made aware that I've had nose bleeds without my knowledge, but oh well. As brau put it, I'm on the mend!

Now I'm sure y'all were all very interested in that tangent. But now I'm diving into the pages I missed. I hear Brau destroyed TownsVille and I missed some legendary posts.

Brother!! It's been too long!

The real Carnival of Stupid.

We love you.

<3

People outside of this thread are insane.

What the fuck happened there?

I agree with you, I don't care about reviews aswell. And also is Ground Zeroes one of my favorite games. I haven't read reviews, I just saw the one that Sn4ke posted from Kotaku. I just saw The Order, and aside from it's graphics, I don't see anything special.
It feels like a generic 3rd person cover shooter with stupid Quick Time events. And that, is laziness.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

From one LD to another LD. You can tell us the truth about this.

/DEAD

brau

Awesome! Very nice, even better than I expected.

Awesome!!! i was a little bit concerned, since most people want the eye patch horn look... i tried something different, and i think its pretty unique. Kaz is such a cool character.

Let me know if you want to change anything. I like how the green is more like his coat neck.. coming up. I think it fits.

Fucking "games" care to spend more of their time bitching about a game they've never touched (nor likely will, in the case of The Order) rather than playing something they enjoy.

Gamers nowadays are so whiney.. Back in the days we bought games because it had a cool cover. I'm 26 btw ;P

Sega genesis was my first console.

Rean

How are the werewolf encounters?
Fucking "games" care to spend more of their time bitching about a game they've never touched (nor likely will, in the case of The Order) rather than playing something they enjoy.
wSvoup5.gif

Gamers nowadays are so whiney.. Back in the days we bought games because it had a cool cover. I'm 26 btw ;P

:lol Right? I buy what I'm interested in. I'm not going to explain why I pre-ordered something I'm interested in to anyone, either, which is apparently the other hot topic of the day. Oh, and my favorite thing to read on GAF: "I hate the term 'gamer.'" :lol Like of course you fucking do, because you aren't one.

image.php

looking good! thats the one i was talking about haha.

Yeah! I fucking love it! Thank you again!
Also, you really don't have to do the back versions and the half bloody helmet version. It was just an idea, so I might can do animations with it.

and the comrades don't mean shit to you??

:smugface:

Of course they don't mean shit to me!

After all..

I'm neither enemy nor friend. I am back from a world where such words are meaningless...

Cyborg Cat is lookin' rad as hell!

Gyyyyyaaaaaaahhhhhh!

Awesome!!! i was a little bit concerned, since most people want the eye patch horn look... i tried something different, and i think its pretty unique. Kaz is such a cool character.

Let me know if you want to change anything. I like how the green is more like his coat neck.. coming up. I think it fits.

Indeed! I think it as a high recognition value. Thanks again for your work. :)

There are only 10 Lycans in the entire game, with an additional Elder boss or two. The game is more about you fighting rebels and <spoiler related humans>.

That's pretty spoiler-ish :/
But it's also very disappointing.

blockbuster got killed by Netflix rip ;_; I remember when I saw streets of rage 1 and maximum carnage all red way before red Octobers lol I told mom I wanted that and it was great! memorable times man

I miss Blockbuster so much. Perusing the aisles was so satisfying. That's how I randomly picked up so many games, like Final Fantasy Tactics and a bunch of others I never would have played, since accessible information wasn't as easy to attain.

My favorite memory was picking up Dragon Ball when I was little little. It was the Oolong episode and I watched it like 100 times. You should have heard my jaw hit the floor years later when I saw DBZ on Cartoon Network. I had no clue how big it was, or was going to be in America.

Hopefully threads for those games will be a little more positive. I'm sick of all the negativity.

Play what you want and what you enjoy forget about those threads. People complain over AA or in one FFXV thread downgrade because grass doesn't have shadows. People will complain for the sake to complain.

Like complaints about a broken game or a suspect story is fine but when it's minor details it's gets annoying.. " noctis soles are flat"

I miss Blockbuster so much. Perusing the aisles was so satisfying. That's how I randomly picked up so many games, like Final Fantasy Tactics and a bunch of others I never would have played, since accessible information wasn't as easy to attain.

My favorite memory was picking up Dragon Ball when I was little little. It was the Oolong episode and I watched it like 100 times. You should have heard my jaw hit the floor years later when I saw DBZ on Cartoon Network. I had no clue how big it was, or was going to be in America.

Vampire hunter D and Ranma 1/2 my god those boobs and my young mind couldn't comprehend what was going on.. Shampoo was the original waifu.

No they don't. Because majority don't like games with "limited gameplay" it doesn't mean those are bad. Beyond two souls got scores 50-70, but I really like that game and I don't give a shit what those critics says. I can still replay this game, cause I like story
and Ellen Page
. And if movie-like game has "limited gameplay", I'd better play game rather than watching movie. Because I can feel emotions of characters, story in game more than in a movie. (Or something like that)
If people don't like and don't want play games like this then don't buy, don't play it and don't shit on game cause some critics said it is a bad game while you never played it. Some people just can't give own score for the game and don't have own opinion. All they can do is rely on reviewers/critics.

Many people don't like MOBA or MMORPG games, but they don't shit on those games and don't say: "RIOTs/NC Soft should stop making games".

Noctis, this post is not offense post for you. It's just my overall opinion about critics and shiting on games. The only I didn't like of what you said is about RaD should make films instead of games.

No they don't. Because majority don't like games with "limited gameplay" it doesn't mean those are bad. Beyond two souls got scores 50-70, but I really like that game and I don't give a shit what those critics says. I can still replay this game, cause I like story
and Ellen Page
. And if movie-like game has "limited gameplay", I'd better play game rather than watching movie. Because I can feel emotions of characters, story in game more than in a movie. (Or something like that)
If people don't like and don't want play games like this then don't buy, don't play it and don't shit on game cause some critics said it is a bad game while you never played it. Some people just can't give own score for the game and don't have own opinion. All they can do is rely on reviewers/critics.

Many people don't like MOBA or MMORPG games, but they don't shit on those games and don't say: "RIOTs/NC Soft should stop making games".

Noctis, this post is not offense post for you. It's just my overall opinion about critics and shiting on games. The only I didn't like of what you said is about RaD should make films instead of games.

Non taken bro rest easy debates are healthy XD I said the other day I hope those who buy it I really wish they enjoy the game and forget the noise. I do not like when people start questioning or attacking someone because they bought the game. There's a market for each type of gamer, the quality in the order is there but with the lack of gameplay is a bit hard to swallow paying for a full priced game.

Us who follow games know very well what we're purchasing it gets dicey when someone doesn't know what they getting themselves into.

Opto

Banned
Things going to be insane when this game ships. MGO Community thread, MGO news thread, spoiler thread, screenshot thread, general thread, story theory thread

Things going to be insane when this game ships. MGO Community thread, MGO news thread, spoiler thread, screenshot thread, general thread, story theory thread

Nah.

MGSV's release will mark the first time in GAF history more people are playing the game instead of spending their time in GAF.

=)

Opinions are crazy things. Everyone and their mum thinks The Last of Us is the greatest game ever made, best last gen, so on. I think the story is entertaining. Controlling the game itself, on the other hand, I find relatively boring. I played through the game once, never touched the DLC. Is my opinion changed by some arbitrary Metacritic score? "Oh, maybe I just don't appreciate it - maybe I'm missing something." Nah. That's how opinions work. So, yeah, some games that focus more on cinematics will review well, others won't - just like anything else - and the reasons as to why will be completely up to the one playing the game.

Soon.

We takin' ova!

giphy.gif

MGS3>MGS2

Hahaha! I meant the series itself, brother.

Nah.

MGSV's release will mark the first time in GAF history more people are playing the game instead of spending their time in GAF.

=)

Soon.

Sometimes this industry and its fans can be really shit.

That's because you've got people who care about the industry more than the games themselves. Which is disgusting to me, honestly, unless they are a market analyst or some shit. Like Ground Zeroes, "WHAT WILL THIS MEAN FOR THE INDUSTRY? Mass Effect demos from EA?!" Like, who fucking cares? They're video games - fucking GAMES.

This.

I already put it out there before reviews popped up that the only opinions that will matter to me are Dawg's and Bloodworth's.

Other folks will have other people whose opinions matter more than the rest, I've got mine. :smugface:

Aye, agreed. I care about what Dawg has to say!

Oh, hey. You got the :smugface: thing right this time! :smugface:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom