• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
The God of Battle one might say.

the thing is though, did he surpass The Boss in pure combat ability, people have speculated that maybe she let him win, or that she didn't give her all because of her mission and that she had to die, but i always felt that BB had the ability to beat since the beginning of the game, but just never gave it his all because he was still in shocked about what happened.

Solid Snake, in the canon, surpassed Big Boss but i mean Snake was 23 years old facing a 60 year old Big Boss not exactly a fair fight, BB wasn't in his prime, while Snake was young and fresh. he beat him again at age 27 when BB was 64, but the age difference adds alot of context

however the Metal Gear universe has proved many times that age doesn't matter much so would you guys agree though in terms of pure combat ability that

The Boss<<<Big Boss<<< Solid Snake in terms of combat succession

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
MY BLOOD BROTHERS ARE YOU READY?
tumblr_n6waykX7351tc57f5o6_250.gif

sexyelder

the thing is though, did he surpass The Boss in pure combat ability, people have speculated that maybe she let him win, or that she didn't give her all because of her mission and that she had to die, but i always felt that BB had the ability to beat since the beginning of the game, but just never gave it his all because he was still in shocked about what happened.

Solid Snake, in the canon, surpassed Big Boss but i mean Snake was 23 years old facing a 60 year old Big Boss not exactly a fair fight, BB wasn't in his prime, while Snake was young and fresh. he beat him again at age 27 when BB was 64, but the age difference adds alot of context

however the Metal Gear universe has proved many times that age doesn't matter much so would you guys agree though in terms of pure combat ability that

The Boss<<<Big Boss<<< Solid Snake in terms of combat succession
Maybe Big Boss didnt give his all against Solid? Maybe part of him wanted him to win?

Hello gaffers, this is my first post on neogaf, I'm excited to be here and to meet all you guys, and to talk about my favorite series I have always been a huge metal gear buff, and am so hyped for TPP i believe this will be Kojima's Magnum Opus, his swan song for the series,

Welcome, and I agree with you.

Hey, You're Pretty Good.

giphy.gif

sexyelder

The whole plot of the original Metal Gear doesn't make sense to me. Big Boss sends in Gray Fox to his own base only to be captured. Then he sends Solid Snake in to rescue him and he destroys the entire base. It seems like suicide, like he was forced to send Solid in.

The whole plot of the original Metal Gear doesn't make sense to me. Big Boss sends in Gray Fox to his own base only to be captured. Then he sends Solid Snake in to rescue him and he destroys the entire base. It seems like suicide, like he was forced to send Solid in.

yeah I agree, Kojima will probably tweak some of that in TPP

I hope Big Boss's "legend" is talked about in TPP, the man is the greatest soldier in the mgs universe, i wonder how regular diamond dog soldiers will view him along with enemy combatants

sexyelder

Put this together from another forum: So Big Boss sends Gray Fox in as an excuse to send Solid Snake in so Big Boss can have Solid Snake killed before the Patriots use Solid to kill Big Boss. But Big Boss underestimated Solid Snake and he destroys Outer Heaven.

Rean

I hope Big Boss's "legend" is talked about in TPP, the man is the greatest soldier in the mgs universe, i wonder how regular diamond dog soldiers will view him along with enemy combatants
I'm interested in that too.
What happened to them?
Prince got banned for shitposting in the remaster thread and Sub got banned for this I guess.
Well make diamonds form Prince's digital ashes. Take them into threads with us.

A shining light to our brothers in arms.
Took the words right outta my mouth there.

Hello gaffers, this is my first post on neogaf, I'm excited to be here and to meet all you guys, and to talk about my favorite series I have always been a huge metal gear buff, and am so hyped for TPP i believe this will be Kojima's Magnum Opus, his swan song for the series,
Welcome brother.

Rajang

Hey everyone it's YEEEEONG here with another.. Metal Gear Solid V

You read that in his voice, didn't you? Don't lie.
Anyway, I look forward to it.

Hello lediez and gentleman itsehhhhhyonghere and welcometoanothermetalgearsolidfivenewsupdaaate.

Aaaaaaandyyyy yong out.

Kindekuma

Banned
Hello lediez and gentleman itsehhhhhyonghere and welcometoanothermetalgearsolidfivenewsupdaaate.

Aaaaaaandyyyy yong out.

10/10 would subscribe to the nasian to that.
His KojiPro Konami video took me off guard because I totally expected him to start off with that but instead he started off with "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON WITH KONAMI?"

cafemomo

man GZ has some of the best stealth gameplay i have ever played...just playing some missions and it feels so good......

I'm replaying GZ right now. Wonderful game, my only complaint is that you can't "defend" Mother Base in the end. (what I mean is that I'd rather have that cutscene as a playable section)

JayEH

I'm replaying GZ right now. Wonderful game, my only complaint is that you can't "defend" Mother Base in the end. (what I mean is that I'd rather have that cutscene as a playable section)

I agree. They could easily have made a 10 minute action sequence there instead of that cutscene.

JayEH

&#12487;&#12472;&#12508;&#12540;&#12464; (&#12513;&#12479;&#12523;&#12462;&#12450;) | WIRED × METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN: https://youtu.be/foGqHhUuXa8
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I did notice that Konami uploaded this video within the last few hours and the covers at the end do have "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" above the title. Maybe there's hope after all.

link doesn't take you anywhere.

Fake edit: Found the link. anyway hopefully this sticks. Konami might come to their senses after all.

Godan

Yeah but that cutscene is awesome. When BB brings out that gun and starts shooting out the helicopter. So good.

Only 161 days to go.

Mexen

EDIT: Double Post.

The teacher asked Jimmy, "Why is your cat at
school today Jimmy?" Jimmy replied crying,
"Because I heard my daddy tell my mommy, 'I
am going to eat that cipher
p***y
once Jimmy leaves for
school today!'"

Something that always interested me about Big Boss, would you guys say he is seen as a sort of "Christ/Messiah" type figure, is he considered the greatest soldier in the MGS universe, someone that is seen as a sort of god-like figure to fellow soldiers around the world, or is it more a mixture of him being really skilled but also Patriot propaganda and Zero manipulating how BB is viewed
Welcome Brother.

Eva divulged all of what you mention to Solid Snake in mgs4.

sexyelder

Ughh those telegram peasants are such casuals. They do not live the way Big Boss intended. These "False Prophets" have plagued outer gaf with their casual nature. They do not exclusively speak of Metal Gear, they attempt varied conversation and small talk, disgusting... luckily they do not know who I truly am.. I will continue to send you updates regularly.. My dear Cipher...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
https://youtu.be/foGqHhUuXa8
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I did notice that Konami uploaded this video within the last few hours and the covers at the end do have "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" above the title. Maybe there's hope after all.

That video is pretty old, kojima posted about this event before the whole drama thing.

I'm still sceptical and wish they would let Kojima talk and explain everything...

brau

That video is pretty old, kojima posted about this event before the whole drama thing.

I'm still sceptical and wish they would let Kojima talk and explain everything...

It would make more sense if we get any word from Koji or the team. But the silence doesn't do them any favors. I would take that as a bad sign at least?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom