• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Quiet is not a primary character and meeting with her is optional so I don't think it will be a big deal.

Batzi, get your logic outta here! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Optional or not, people are gonna bitch about her, I assure you.

I'll just get fultoned to whatever place everyone is at. Like a sheep. Beeeheeeheheeh!

Your camo index, might be too high...

gqacrkbm.png

Batzi, get your logic outta here! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Optional or not, people are gonna bitch about her, I assure you.

Batzi got these informations from wikipedia.

Yeah, for now best to stick with that. The thing is that I also don't want to spend hours trying to catch up on others' impressions since this thread moves so fast! I'd rather read it day-by-day, since this is the first time I'm buying a major game at the same time as most people here.

No question! Yeah, for sure, man. Well, don't worry about spoilers here. I will ask mods to ban anyone who drops a spoiler. :lol

Its an MGO Shadow Moses Map.

jk

SKgpyGu.jpg

JayEH

So you still think they are not that dumb?

You need to press the action button to trigger the octo camo dude. MGS4 101 sneaking.

I don't think they are dumb enough to go below a 7. A 7 in "games journalism" is making a statement (in their eyes).

Rajang

Day & Night difference.

Yep, clearly snow!

b-nmpnrcmaax_ux-1024x1jr68.jpg

b-nzjoecaaah_ku-1024x6tq96.jpg

You were right all along Sn4ke.

How are we going to survive without you next week

I disagree with the critics for what it's worth. The game is flawed, for sure. But it isn't THAT bad. Damn. Makes it look like shovelware.

Just my opinion, of course. And here I was, thinking I might be a little too harsh :p

I'm still really interested in the game. I'm a sucker for good setting/atmosphere and like cinematic games if done right. I find it ironic that some MGS fans hate cinematic games. Metal Gear franchise has always been very cinematic because Kojima is an absolute movie nut. His dream was to become a movie director, not a game dev. I remember reading that he said that Super Mario Bros. convinced him to tell stories through games. MGS1 was also one of the first games that really kickstarted the succes of that genre, with the cinematic camera's, well directed cutscenes, mature narrative and incredibly good VA. And the MGS games have always been criticised with the "theres too many cutscenes" and "why doesnt Kojima just make movie" reactions that now dominate the negativity surrounding The Order. And ofcourse the length of the game. But MGS1 was almost the same, it's very short in terms of just gameplay hours (if you don't count the cutscenes and codecs).

inb4 reviews give MGS V a 4/10 because "fulton is not realistic and quiet is an example of the misogynistic culture we live in"
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

I wouldn't be surprised by the last part of your sentence... Sites like Polygon and Kotaku will have multiple blogs on it, I'm sure.

Pinewood

Quoting myself from the old thread regarding snow in TPP
A couple years back during winter I had this idea of a game, where I could take a sled, strap c4 to it and roll it down a hill to an enemy base and blow it all to bits. MGS 5 seems like a dream come true.

Also I hope there's a snow level in TPP
leuhkikcskn4.gif

HNNNNNGGGG!

Batzi

Banned
So can we help each other out finding Quiet or DD? At least show the map location I guess.

Well in GZ you could track heat zones. Basically where most of the players got detected for instance. There could be a similar scenario for finding buddies I guess. Not sure.

Tru dat. Also, I think it's funny you said - before the reviews went live - GameTrailers and my review would be your main point of focus. I say this because the game got decent scores off the both of us :p.

I was somewhat surprised too. I was expecting 70 from you, and around the same ballpark from Bloodworth.

But I've followed Bloodworth's review and critical process long enough to know that as a whole, bar stuff like IP attachment and hype, his opinions are often the most aligned to mine in terms of having a level-headed look at stuff while being both critical and acknowledging of the main ideas behind any game.

And you're self-explanatory in a similar way to BW, but I haven't followed your reviews process that much, but more of how you are on GAF, via your post on OuterGAF, your LTTPs, and your tweets. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom