• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowParry

Thanks.

Also, Konami made a terrible mistake of letting Kojima go. He is the best video game director IMO of all time.

Kudos to Donna Burke for informing the fans the situation.

No. I think what Konami is doing is the right thing. I believe they're just caging Kojima in his creative ideas. However with MGSV, Konami let loose in letting Kojima do what he can with the game. Good on them. And their focus is completely lost on consoles so MGSV to them is their last hurrah with consoles. How they've been treating the situation however has been a shitfest.

It still leaves the question of what will happen with Silent Hills though.

I wanted to share my experience with you guys. I preordered the CE of MGSV from GameStop. My financial situation got twisted around where I could have really used the extra 120 in my pocket. So I cancelld m preorder, and it took over a week to get a refund.

So I calld the store where I paid when I initially decided to cancel my preorder, but they told me it was treated as an online order since it was to be shipped to me. Fine. So I called the number on their website, explained my situation, and was told to expect a refund. The 3-5 business day period passes and no refund, so I contact them again. I get this snotty bastard that tells me he sees where the mistake was made, but over all, I couldn't get a refund to my card, they need to cut me a check. Wut? So I press them and eventually get a very helpful manager that tells me he can absolutely get a refund back to my card. This is 6 days later btw. So the next day I contact GameStop to verify that they had issued my refund, but all any employee can do is verify that a request for a refund had been sent to their financial dept. Again, wut?
That sucks. I hope you get your money back.

EGOMON

I just finished MGS3 what a game just like that it became one of my all time favorites i didn't want to finish it but i couldn't stop playing, best story hands down it made me emotionally invested The Boss ending broke me :'(
Also WTF! Ocelot is The Boss's son?! I always was suspicious about the special treatment he was given in the series still it was shocking because i really don't like Ocelot oh well MGS4 is next maybe i'll understand it better in the conclusion.

Edit: BTW who was the guy talking on the phone at the end of the credits? i was talking to a friend during that conversation i could't figure it out

JayEH

I just finished MGS3 what a game just like that it became one of my all time favorites i didn't want to finish it but i couldn't stop playing, best story hands down it made me emotionally invested The Boss ending broke me :'(
Also WTF! Ocelot is The Boss's son?! I always was suspicious about the special treatment he was given in the series still it was shocking because i really don't like Ocelot oh well MGS4 is next maybe i'll understand it better in the conclusion.

Edit: BTW who was the guy talking on the phone at the end of the credits? i was talking to a friend during that conversation i could't figure it out

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it. MGS3 is the favorite of many people in the MGS community.

To answer your question, that was Ocelot at the end.

Rean

Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to check out Peace Walker once you finish 4.

As for your question I think Ocelot was talking to the Director of the CIA.

EGOMON

Nice! Glad you enjoyed it. MGS3 is the favorite of many people in the MGS community.

To answer your question, that was Ocelot at the end.

Glad you enjoyed it. Be sure to check out Peace Walker once you finish 4.

As for your question I think Ocelot was talking to the Director of the CIA.
Thank you guys, yeah am planing to play PW after MGS4 then GZ and finally TPP when it comes out this September.

lol maybe i'll understand him better in MGS4.
I do like Gray Fox i hope am gonna see more of him in the prequels

paolo11

Nice. Which do you have left? The ridiculous chicken emblem?

It's the Leopard run. My first Big Boss emblem run has a game time of 2 hours and 51 mins

Good news. Finally got the Platinum. Feels good to platinum all MGS games. I'll get all trophies for Ground Zeroes this time. PS4 time.

JayEH

It's the Leopard run.

Good news. Finally got the Platinum. Feels good to platinum all MGS games. I'll get all trophies for Ground Zeroes this time. PS4 time.

Nice! I only have all the trophies in GZ :p I'll be going for the MGS3 platinum eventually and that will probably be my only one. MGS2, 4, and PW are just too brutal for me.

Makes me wonder what kind of project Kojima will work on if he gets the financial means again to make more.

Also makes me think Konami will try to get David Hayter back for their, future MGS games.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I remember erasing my friend and fellow MGS diehard's Big Boss rank in MGS4 because I wanted to sell him on MGO, and corrupted his game file while the patch was downloading.

To this day he won't let me forget.

He hates MGO. Has never played it.

Sushigod7

Everything you'll ever need is right here.

iTJuPnyP0PyVT.gif

It's the Leopard run. My first Big Boss emblem run has a game time of 2 hours and 51 mins

Congrats! I think mgs4 was my first Platinum. I need the PW platinum to have all of them but I'm not sure I'll ever get to it.

Rajang

Congrats brother. And that's quite an impressive time for a first BB run. My first BB run was 3 hours and 22 mins. But I did that without watching speedruns or using a guide.

Nice! I only have all the trophies in GZ :p I'll be going for the MGS3 platinum eventually and that will probably be my only one. MGS2, 4, and PW are just too brutal for me.

Definitely go for MGS3. It's the most fun I had platinuming a Metal Gear. Mostly because I love doing a Markhor run. It's also quite easy and not as stressfull as MGS2 and MGS4.

I remember erasing my friend and fellow MGS diehard's Big Boss rank in MGS4 because I wanted to sell him on MGO, and corrupted his game file while the patch was downloading.

You're evil.

paolo11

Congrats brother. And that's quite an impressive time for a first BB run. My first BB run was 3 hours and 22 mins. But I did that without watching speedruns or using a guide.

Definitely go for MGS3. It's the most fun I had platinuming a Metal Gear. Mostly because I love doing a Markhor run. It's also quite easy and not as stressfull as MGS2 and MGS4.

You're evil.

Thanks
I did it with guide though. Hehehe

Just started 24, and what the hell, Kojima! You cast a new guy for Big Boss and you choose the guy who doesn't go for headshots with a tranq gun? Pathetic, preorder canceled.

hwy_61

Banned
I'm sure it's been said countless times, but having just finished the main mission in Ground Zeroes, I must say I'm looking forward to Keifer's performance in TPP. From the little that there is in GZ, it's really good.

Choomp

Banned
I'm sure it's been said countless times, but having just finished the main mission in Ground Zeroes, I must say I'm looking forward to Keifer's performance in TPP. From the little that there is in GZ, it's really good.

I really like him too. I think he's perfect for what they're going for in Big Boss now, and works better with the new improved visual style.

Dawg

Please leave this community thread, you human scum.

Dawg

I'm just glad they finally replaced Hayter with Kiefer for Big Boss.

I don't really care about Hayter voicing Solid Snake, but it always seemed off for Big Boss. He was an iconic part of the franchise, true, but he doesn't have the same range as Akio Otsuka.

KorrZ

Metal Gear Solid 4

Otacon [talking about CQC]: "You had those skills all this time and never used them? Why?!"

This codec call made me laugh. I appreciate Kojima's style of trying to explain everything lol.

I don't really care about Hayter voicing Solid Snake, but it always seemed off for Big Boss. He was an iconic part of the franchise, true, but he doesn't have the same range as Akio Otsuka.

I always wondered if that was the reason why they didn't use Hayter for Solidus.

On the other hand, they didn't use Meryl's VA for Olga either, (Kojima intentionally picked the same voice actress in the japanese version, so that players would at first think it is Meryl, when they hear her speak on the tanker.) so maybe not.

I'm just glad they finally replaced Hayter with Kiefer for Big Boss.

When I heard that Kiefer was doing Big Boss, and heard him in the subsequent trailers, I thought, that is what I always imagined Big Boss to sound like when I first saw the artwork in the mgs1 user guide.

KorrZ

When I heard that Kiefer was doing Big Boss, and heard him in the subsequent trailers, I thought, that is what I always imagined Big Boss to sound like when I first saw the artwork in the mgs1 user guide.

His "I'll pull the trigger" line was awesome and definitely my idea of "Evil" Big Boss. I guess my problem is imagining that heel turn after the charming, Solid Snake like Big Boss in MGS3.

Hopefully when I play PeaceWalker / TPP that will be made a bit more clear.

His "I'll pull the trigger" line was awesome and definitely my idea of "Evil" Big Boss. I guess my problem is imagining that heel turn after the charming, Solid Snake like Big Boss in MGS3.

But we knew about him being a villain before mgs3. I imagine it would be different if mgs3 was the first time we ever knew about BB.

His facial expression really sold that scene.

KorrZ

But we knew about him being a villain before mgs3. I imagine it would be different if mgs3 was the first time we ever knew about BB.

Right, I mean..we're told in MGS1 about how Big Boss was a villain, and for people who played the original MSX games of course you can see first hand. My only actual reference of seeing Big Boss so far though is him as this charming suave CIA spy.

I suppose that's the whole point of MGSV - to tell us the how/why (or at least I think?)

Rean

Kojima's taking Shinkawa with him right?

It'll depend on how much of a dire straits they are in financially. A lot of famous producers that broke away from their parent companies (Sakaguchi, Inafune, Kamiya) had to find ways to work around a more limited budget.

Has David Hayter commented on any of these recent events?

I got my Big Boss emblem on MGS4. Yeah!!!!

One more emblem to go and I get the Platinum.

Good lord, that's a hot mess. Has Kojima talked about it anywhere yet?

The secrecy around it really isn't helping anyone. They should just be straight with us and give the details already. If it's Konami's fault, well they're already getting lots of hate, so I don't know if it could get much worse from that side. If it's Kojima initiating the departure, then at least the hate would stop and we'd have a nice understanding.

Was custom MP3 support ever patched in to MGS4? I've looked around but haven't found recent answers. I'm guessing not, which is a real shame.

Just doing my Assassin emblem run and it's a hell of a lot of fun. I could play this game forever.

Exactly! MGS1 characters had more impact on the fights and story
Thanks for the links

Just browsing on Youtube and ended up finding some hilarious ads of MGS.

Metal Gear Solid

MGS2: Substance

MGS2 (Japan)

MGS3 (Japan)

Ground Zeroes which has been shown in Kojima Station if I'm not mistaken.

Here's hoping TPP will top all of them. :D

This is really late, but if any of you guys are new to the thread, welcome!

edit: My bad Night :(

Right, I mean..we're told in MGS1 about how Big Boss was a villain, and for people who played the original MSX games of course you can see first hand. My only actual reference of seeing Big Boss so far though is him as this charming suave CIA spy.

I suppose that's the whole point of MGSV - to tell us the how/why (or at least I think?)
I gotcha. But do you think Kiefer voicing BB instead of Hayter will make it easier for you to see him as ignoble?

KorrZ

I gotcha. But do you think Kiefer voicing BB instead of Hayter will make it easier for you to see him as ignoble?

Yeah, I think so...his voice fits the ignoble Big Boss more for sure. It was a bit jarring for me in 3 even that he sounded exactly like Solid Snake - it's partially to blame for me having the hard time imagining him as evil in the first place.

I mean, you can throw out the whole "He's a clone of Big Boss!" thing but Solidus and Liquid sound nothing like BB so that doesn't really hold up.

Kindekuma

Banned
Hammertomb if you don't get back on the 'gram I swear to God I'll come to your door and
ask you politely to return.

We miss you :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom