• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

HvvNM2P.png

1339.gif

Åesop;160049653 said:
holy shit ffs square is bringing back Star Ocean and its
NOT MOBILE
http://gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3#Jo8iSSBvq1DiL7m0.99

Are these games pretty sturdy? I've never played a Star Ocean, but am looking at any excuse to play more anime centric JRPGs since I certainly didn't expect any this generation. Star Ocean, Persona 5, FFXV, SMT x FE, Xenoblade, and I can only assume eventually a Tales game... I was expecting the majority to follow Final Fantasy XV in a more realisitic aesthetic on current gen since a lot of their home soil have moved away from consoles and I imagine cartoony is harder to pitch here than realistic. Color me interested, with that list I almost assume I'll have RPG fatigue in the next couple of years! But I'm really excited.

Don't know why I'm too surprised, most don't have the Square money to throw around.

A Break...

lkouMlX.png

That Big Boss looks like he's crying. And wiping his tear away with the bionic hand.

He misses Kojima tweets too.

KorrZ

The B&B members in MGS4 are such a drag.

Does anyone else just completely skip their cutscenes? I really don't need the 3 minutes of them writhing around on the ground and then 5 minutes of sloppy exposition from Drebin after the fact. It's just a chore honestly.

By far the most disappointing characters in the series so far :\

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
Are these games pretty sturdy? I've never played a Star Ocean, but am looking at any excuse to play more anime centric JRPGs since I certainly didn't expect any this generation.

Well Star Ocean 1 and 2 are old school classics, Star Ocean 3: Till the End of Time was a real PS2 gem back in the days. Star Ocean 4 wasn't that well received. It also came with Lymle, the officially recognized "worst and most annoying character" of gaming history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t81RuMfJjyM

Alienous

Would you feel better if i tweeted drawings of each Helicopter picture Kojima ever tweeted?

Lets start with this one.

HEADING OFF.

052Zq3Y.png

Draw a complete MGSV demo frame by frame and upload it onto YouTube.

By the time you're done MGSV will have been released, Kojima will have his first gray hair, and nuclear war will have probably erupted between Russia and America.

one thing im worried about..potential criticism of MGS V, which has been going around in my head lately...i want to get your guys opinions

do you guys worry about potential criticism, with TPP being a cross gen game

"oh well it plays and looks like a last gen game" or criticisms of it having "Last Gen gameplay"

do you think that will happen?

Vally

one thing im worried about..potential criticism of MGS V, which has been going around in my head lately...i want to get your guys opinions

"oh well it plays and looks like a last gen game" or criticisms of it having "Last Gen gameplay"

Of course it will happen, no matter how good the gameplay is people will complain about last gen holding the game back and blah blah

I'm not worried. We've played GZ so we know how TPP will play like. The game generally looks pretty good. Somethings look great. And some textures can be a bit ugly. I love that it's 60fps. I'm anxious to see how it holds up when the areas are much larger.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Yo some guy met Troy Baker and...

"Without any further question tho, he went on about how the game's gonna be the greatest thing ever, that its way too far complete for anything about it to change, & that Kojima is his Big Boss (a line he stole from Kiefer lol). He will follow him wherever he goes just like us."

https://twitter.com/HypeGenerator/status/587636329183219712

I NEED MORE STAR WARS DANCE GIFS OMFG!!!!!

Rajang

Yo some guy met Troy Baker and...

"Without any further question tho, he went on about how the game's gonna be the greatest thing ever, that its way too far complete for anything about it to change, & that Kojima is his Big Boss (a line he stole from Kiefer lol). He will follow him wherever he goes just like us."

https://twitter.com/HypeGenerator/status/587636329183219712

I NEED MORE STAR WARS DANCE GIFS OMFG!!!!!

yLJ6akK.gif

wait a second

Troy Baker is working on Uncharted 4 though..

so does that mean

MGS V>Uncharted 4

he also worked on The Last of Us

OMG

shit-just-got-real-o.gif

Ofcourse, lmao.

MGSV is looking to be a far more ambitious game than UC3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom