• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
DON'T MAKE ME POST THAT WORKOUT PIC AGAIN BREHS

This would only prove his point :smugface:

Yeah, also it's not conspicuous as well, so i would wear it as a day to day thing too.

Yeah that's how I prefer my "gaming" apparel. No big ass "ASSASSINS CREED" logos and shit. Nice and somewhat subtle that only people who know about it would recognize. Just wish I had that sort of disposable income.

Of course it will happen, no matter how good the gameplay is people will complain about last gen holding the game back and blah blah

i mean what is everyone else's opinion about this

while playing GZ on PS4 did anyone go "this feels last gen, gameplay, control wise" or no

i mean how "next gen" does it feel to you

Kindekuma

Banned
i mean what is everyone else's opinion about this

while playing GZ on PS4 did anyone go "this feels last gen, gameplay, control wise" or no

i mean how "next gen" does it feel to you

How are controls supposed to do that?

I mean, it plays like 4 and Peace Walker, am I supposed to be disappointed by that or something? It plays fine.

Kindekuma

Banned
i mean when you were playing GZ did you ever go "the gameplay feels last gen" or no?

No I never did. I mean, I was familiar with it from the get go minus a few things such as weapon/item changes, driving, diving, and some CQC actions. But it never felt like it was "last gen" controls.

No I never did. I mean, I was familiar with it from the get go minus a few things such as weapon/item changes, driving, diving, and some CQC actions. But it never felt like it was "last gen" controls.

like Vally said im worried about the stupidity criticism of TPP that will be akin to

"derrrr TPP was limited by last gen consoles derrr" type thing..

although GZ gameplay mechanics are amazing

Kindekuma

Banned
like Vally said im worried about the stupidity criticism of TPP that will be akin to

"derrrr TPP was limited by last gen consoles derrr" type thing..

although GZ gameplay mechanics are amazing

How is it limited to last gen controls? Really the only thing that separates the PS3/PS4 controls is the touchpad, and there's basically nothing between 360/XBO controls either. Controls won't be bashed. From what I remember, every reviewer I've seen never really complained about the controls for the sake of complaining.

How is it limited to last gen controls? Really the only thing that separates the PS3/PS4 controls is the touchpad, and there's basically nothing between 360/XBO controls either. Controls won't be bashed. From what I remember, every reviewer I've seen never really complained about the controls for the sake of complaining.

i mean more in terms of gameplay mechanics...not controls

im worried that people are going to be like "lol last gen gameplay" when it comes to TPP?

im worried that people are going to be like "lol last gen gameplay" when it comes to TPP?

I don't think that'll be a problem really. I mean look at GTA V. It's out for both generations and there are only mild differences, primarily the FP camera, which isn't that insane.

The only way it could honestly hold back is possibly graphical fidelity, which is expected, but we can already see how gorgeous it looks with GZ. Other than that, you could stretch and argument saying how "If this was only on PS4/XONE, I'd be able to have less loading areas" or something, but that's again at best a stretch to guess what is and what isn't a limitation of the hardware.

Kindekuma

Banned
I don't think that'll be a problem really. I mean look at GTA V. It's out for both generations and there are only mild differences, primarily the FP camera, which isn't that insane.

The only way it could honestly hold back is possibly graphical fidelity, which is expected, but we can already see how gorgeous it looks with GZ. Other than that, you could stretch and argument saying how "If this was only on PS4/XONE, I'd be able to have less loading areas" or something, but that's again at best a stretch to guess what is and what isn't a limitation of the hardware.

With that I doubt the console versions will get hammered for the resolution. I mean it gets 60 FPS locked on PS4 and XBO and not only that it looks really good. Might get some framerate complaints from previous gen versions but even then I don't think visuals and controls will be where complaints are drawn from.

so what you mean is if kojima decided to just have TPP be on PS4/Xbone/PC...the mechanics wouldn't really be that much different in terms of gameplay

GZ's gameplay mechanics are incredibly modern to a fault as it is (like all of those enemy tracking or reflex features that need to be turned off if you don't want them). I doubt many will be complaining that it's not modern enough.

-Deimos

so what you mean is if kojima decided to just have TPP be on PS4/Xbone/PC...the mechanics wouldn't really be that much different in terms of gameplay

The mechanics would be identical. There hasn't been any leap in that aspect between last and current gen. The only difference between the two is in raw processing power and visuals.

Yo some guy met Troy Baker and...

"Without any further question tho, he went on about how the game's gonna be the greatest thing ever, that its way too far complete for anything about it to change, & that Kojima is his Big Boss (a line he stole from Kiefer lol). He will follow him wherever he goes just like us."

https://twitter.com/HypeGenerator/status/587636329183219712

I NEED MORE STAR WARS DANCE GIFS OMFG!!!!!

i1JAcsbt6CykH.gif

In Hideo Kojima I trust, this game is going to be a fucking masterpiece and all our faith as his fans shall be rewarded. I can't wait to see what he does next with his team wherever they go.

I'm reminded of this Bowie song, How Lucky You Are:

When you speak you speak to me
When you sleep you sleep by me
When you wake you wake with me
When you walk you follow two steps behind

Cry, cry, miss peculiar
You'll cry all the more, now I'm gone
I was the monkey on your back
Take a look at how lucky you are

When we finally play this, it'll probably be like opening the Ark of the Covenant.

KorrZ

I thought about this today... would I give up 60 fps on next gen to go to a locked 30 fps with better iq and textures...

Eh...IDK. On the one hand it's not like Metal Gear, being a stealth game really needs the buttery smooth 60 fps. On the other hand though I think Ground Zeroes looks pretty damn good as it is, and TPP is only going to look better. The 60 FPS definitely does make the beautiful animations seem even more amazing as well.

Finally caved and gave MGR:R a shot.
It's actually pretty good! And my word, dat OST!

Actually, MGR is a fantastic character action game and is pretty much what I wanted in a cyborg Raiden game.

Fuck the last boss though.

I also hated the OST

I honestly wish kojima would have kept the identity of the ninja in mgs2 a mystery as he originally intended. Would've given him more to imbellish in later installments.

Mexen

Actually, MGR is a fantastic character action game and is pretty much what I wanted in a cyborg Raiden game.

Unbelievably so. At first, I tried to be stealthy as much as possible but once I got the hang of parrying at the perfect moment and blade mode, I just wanted to go on a rampage! I actually felt a rush at some point.

Plot didn't wow me

I honestly wish kojima would have kept the identity of the ninja in mgs2 a mystery as he originally intended. Would've given him more to imbellish in later installments.

Wonder how we'd have reacted to finding out, today, that it was
Olga

I think the point was that Olga was a mirror to the character that made a heroic sacrifice to the Metal Gear so that the main character can continue, so even if she was never officially revealed, she probably would have died during that part anyway.

Also, the Metal Gear series has a tradition of making a past character a Ninja, dating back to Metal Gear 2. Making a previous character the new ninja is a sort of running gag for them.

Banzai

it seemed like GZ gameplay was universally praised

Except for the instant alert / reflex mode thing. I know it's been talked about plenty of times by now, but dear lord, if they put the mgs2/3 system of guards having to call in alerts back in the game it will truly be the best of all time.

Lernaean

Banned
What's that smell? The sweet ass, oh it sings to me. It's enough to make a man sick.

...You are a skilled ass-admirer.
Adept, merciless, half-cut with blood. As the best ass-admirers are.
Which is why I must stop you!

I should think you still have dreams? Well, next time you dream, give some thought to the ass, and its purpose.

Is it the ass, or are you just raving mad?
When the frail of heart join the fray...the admirer becomes the admired!

Except for the instant alert / reflex mode thing. I know it's been talked about plenty of times by now, but dear lord, if they put the mgs2/3 system of guards having to call in alerts back in the game it will truly be the best of all time.

I don't know why this gets attributed to MGS3 so much, it doesn't work like MGS2. The MGS3 alert is almost instant, with all guards in the area made aware. The call just brings in reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom