• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banzai

I don't know why this gets attributed to MGS3 so much, it doesn't work like MGS2. The MGS3 alert is almost instant, with all guards in the area made aware. The call just brings in reinforcements.

I'm not sure if I'm remembering it right, but in MGS2 guards run away to call in the alarm as soon as they spot you, while in MGS3 they would first yell something like "Intruder!" and then move to cover while shooting to make the call, no? If I'm right the yelling and shooting would obviously be what alarms other guards.

I might just be completely wrong on this, though, to be honest.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
You guys need to be more
vzilae.gif

MOTIVATED

sexyelder

This exchange of diologue is why Portable Ops is quinticential in the MG series. This foreshadows what Big Boss nearly becomes in The Phantom Pain.

Gene: I will not allow the world to be a playground for abstract national interest and petty political gambits. I will use superior force of arms to achieve superior force of will. Thus I will make the world whole again. For I am the Successor, and this is my calling. // Naked Snake: You're nothing but a dictator! // Gene: What?! // Snake: You use fear to keep your soldiers in line. You use words to deceive your allies. You exploit those who look up to you as a mentor and then you throw them away! The country you're building is no heaven for soldiers. The place they're looking for is outside your "heaven."

JayEH

This exchange of diologue is why Portable Ops is quinticential in the MG series. This foreshadows what Big Boss nearly becomes in The Phantom Pain.

Gene: I will not allow the world to be a playground for abstract national interest and petty political gambits. I will use superior force of arms to achieve superior force of will. Thus I will make the world whole again. For I am the Successor, and this is my calling. // Naked Snake: You're nothing but a dictator! // Gene: What?! // Snake: You use fear to keep your soldiers in line. You use words to deceive your allies. You exploit those who look up to you as a mentor and then you throw them away! The country you're building is no heaven for soldiers. The place they're looking for is outside your "heaven."

Portable Ops is barely canon. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

sexyelder

Portable Ops is barely canon. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

But atleast this moment is canon. If nothing else this. Kojima didnt make po but I think he respects it enough to pull things here and there from it. Its a great story and explains a lot.

hwy_61

Banned
But atleast this moment is canon. If nothing else this. Kojima didnt make po but I think he respects it enough to pull things here and there from it. Its a great story and explains a lot.

Also, isn't PO referenced in PW? Kojima should just admit PO to be canon.

JayEH

Also, isn't PO referenced in PW? Kojima should just admit PO to be canon.

I think this is the one mention lol. Miller also says "I don't remember that one" when you shine the special flashlight on the Portable Ops logo in Ground Zeroes.

0RJKvph.gif

Rajang

Honestly, I don't think this means shit, but more Hayter fuel. I love stokin' the fire.

https://twitter.com/DavidBHayter/status/588263429690953728

She's the VO for Amanda.

The weird thing is that he already tweeted this once already.

He deleted it and tweeted it again today for some reason.

Edit: it was the VO for Amanda that tweeted it first in february: https://twitter.com/GreyDeLisle/status/562348309088444417/photo/1. I remember David retweeting it then.

i just can't wait for this game..the hype is insane

how will you guys react when you wake up the morning when we are officially 1 week from The Phantom Pain

SJRB

Gold Member
jG7RtHL.jpg

$550? Good quality leather, and I mean among the best is like $9 a square foot. So hopefully that price is justified by that quality.

Entered the contest, the questions are extremely easy.

Musterbrand is overpriced as fuck. Take a look at the gaming-themed apparel they offer, it's pretty insane.

Haha, you guys. This is all marketing, naturally. I wouldn't be too worried though. You can just filter all the garbage out later... until they sell your email to a different ad agency. It's all good.

FAREWELL SAUSAGE

aa3e9m3.png

And thank you for this. I love this so much lol.

Except for the instant alert / reflex mode thing. I know it's been talked about plenty of times by now, but dear lord, if they put the mgs2/3 system of guards having to call in alerts back in the game it will truly be the best of all time.

Would you really like to have shortsighted enemies in an open world spawning around the corner to perform predefined search routines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom