• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This feels different than before. Before they were just taking his name off of pictures on the internet. Now they're taking his name off of a product that I'm about to buy. I'm half tempted to find an email for Konami and say I'm not buying it unless his name is on there. One last game and they can't even give him that. It's sad.

Seriously I'm not even hyped anymore for this fucking game.

I'm so fucking sad and feel so bad for Kojima and his hard working team.

Rajang

Seriously I'm not even hyped anymore for this fucking game.

I'm so fucking sad and feel so bad for Kojima and his hard working team.

I feel somewhat the same.

I know the game is going to be amazing but this whole Kojima thing has really killed alot of hype for the game for me. Everytime this subject comes up again I feel like shit. Removing Kojima's name from his life's work is ridiculous.

Sn4ke_911

I know the game is going to be amazing but this whole Kojima thing has really killed alot of hype for the game for me. Everytime this subject comes up again I feel like shit. Removing Kojima's name from his life's work is ridiculous.

Yeah... :(

KorrZ

Even though it is ridiculous what Konami is doing (and really they're just fucking themselves over) I know that Hideo is still busting his ass to make this game great for his fans, he could have easily just bailed at any time but he's making sure that this game is his best Metal Gear yet for us.

I don't feel like it would be honoring him in anyway to pass this game up, when he's worked so hard on it. He still wants us to enjoy the game and see the conclusion to Big Boss' saga.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Even though it is ridiculous what Konami is doing (and really they're just fucking themselves over) I know that Hideo is still busting his ass to make this game great for his fans, he could have easily just bailed at any time but he's making sure that this game is his best Metal Gear yet for us.

I don't feel like it would be honoring him in anyway to pass this game up, when he's worked so hard on it. He still wants us to enjoy the game and see the conclusion to Big Boss' saga.

I wish there was a way to punish Konami, while still buying the game for Kojima. If you support one, you're supporting the other though. Sucks. I'm going to end up buying it. I just want to tell them that I'm not.

Sn4ke_911

CCr62AqUsAEo8bj.jpg:large

KorrZ

I wish there was a way to punish Konami, while still buying the game for Kojima. If you support one, you're supporting the other though. Sucks. I'm going to end up buying it. I just want to tell them that I'm not.

I'm going to punish Konami by making sure that I don't buy a single product of theirs after MGSV. I'm also going to make sure that everyone I talk to knows that Hideo Kojima and his team were the heart and soul of this series and that any MGS games after this are a sham.

Sn4ke_911

I'm going to punish Konami by making sure that I don't buy a single product of theirs after MGSV. I'm also going to make sure that everyone I talk to knows that Hideo Kojima and his team were the heart and soul of this series and that any MGS games after this are a sham.

I can already hear people say in the future that all Metal Gear games were made by Konami.

And then i'm like:

tumblr_m9jbr9h3QN1rsw1yf_large.gif

hwy_61

Banned

Well said, sir.

paolo11

Man, I was not able to preorder the MGS V console. Play Asia is charging $800.00 so that's out of my league at the moment.

Any websites or where can I pre order aside from Play Asia?

Edit. I actually preordered mine in NCSX. Total cost is $616.00. I have time to save up. hehehehe.

KorrZ

I can already hear people say in the future that all Metal Gear games were made by Konami.

And then i'm like:

tumblr_m9jbr9h3QN1rsw1yf_large.gif

They can take his name off of the boxes but they can't remove the 19 credits Kojima gets in each game's intro sequence :lol.

I don't think anyone who's actually played the games would have any illusions about the level of his involvement.

Mexen

I just hope Kojima still has full creative control of TPP. I have faith that he and his team are still giving it their all.
MGS will always be Hideo Kojima games in my heart.

paolo11

My brothers. Got a question. Which is harder, getting the Big Boss Emblem from MGS4 or getting Big Boss Rank from MGS2?

Kindekuma

Banned
MGS4 BB rank is one of the easiest.

MGS2 is by far the most difficult. You really need dedication to get BB rank in MGS2.

I can agree with that.
I mean, MGS4 BBE is still hard to do, Act III is a BITCH to do, but still manageable. 2 however is another beast.

Woffls

My brothers. Got a question. Which is harder, getting the Big Boss Emblem from MGS4 or getting Big Boss Rank from MGS2?
If you know MGS4 quite well, BB emblem is mostly just demanding with the exception of the act 3 bullshit. I'm literally watching the credits roll right now on my first attempt at the BB emblem run and it was a lot of fun, with minimal frustration.

From what I understand, BB on MGS2 is jokes difficult and I'm never even gonna' try it.

Ugghhh I wish I could skip these credits.

Rajang

If you know MGS4 quite well, BB emblem is mostly just demanding with the exception of the act 3 bullshit. I'm literally watching the credits roll right now on my first attempt at the BB emblem run and it was a lot of fun, with minimal frustration.

From what I understand, BB on MGS2 is jokes difficult and I'm never even gonna' try it.

Congrats on the BB rank.

paolo11

Yeah, I wish we could skip those credits to save time. I checked the criteria for BB run on MGS2 and it states " 8 saves only".

DAMNN!!!!!!

Has anyone had this happen on PS4? At the end of the GZ mission the final cutscene takes a long time to load. The screen went black and I thought the game froze but I waited and the hospital cutscene finally played.

In GZ the regular guards perform seaches somewhat similar to the predefined ones back then anyway, so no.
What I want is for a guard to pick up a radio and tell CP when he spots me, instead of everyone and their mother suddenly knowing where I am. I mean the base even sounded its alarm throughout the map a tenth of a second after someone yelled "Intruder". The guy working the alarm button must be really attentive.
What you're talking about is purely cosmetic. If someone shouts "Contact!" they alert the nearby enemies (as they should), but alerting the enemy across the map means nothing gameplay wise, because the alert would end before they ever reached you.

Not surprising but it looks like Kojima's name has been taken off the actual MGS V box art now. Though on the official site it still has his name on.

Before:

CCtiROVUUAA9pRX.jpg

After:

CCtiRSZVEAAHWs-.jpg

http://www.game.co.uk/en/metal-gear...name=hubMGSvPhantomPain-_-edition-_-dayonePS4

That makes no sense considering Ground Zeroes remains unchanged.

Rean

Has anyone had this happen on PS4? At the end of the GZ mission the final cutscene takes a long time to load. The screen went black and I thought the game froze but I waited and the hospital cutscene finally played.
That happened to me, but it actually froze up and stayed like that.

How many times and what version do you own? Physical or digital?
The physical PS4 version, but it only happened once.

theory on Code Talker...

Code Talker will be the catalyst of TPP that really motivates BB to create Outer Heaven...Big Boss will see Code Talker ( a navajo) and see the prejudice, discrimination that happened to his people, and how Code Talker lost his home

this will rally Big Boss to fight for his "people" (Soldiers)

Rajang

theory on Code Talker...

Code Talker will be the catalyst of TPP that really motivates BB to create Outer Heaven...Big Boss will see Code Talker ( a navajo) and see the prejudice, discrimination that happened to his people, and how Code Talker lost his home

this will rally Big Boss to fight for his "people" (Soldiers)

LOL.

Thanks for the laughs.

hwy_61

Banned
I just want to say that Peace Walker is by far the best written metal gear. I haven't played 4 yet, so I don't know how that'll compare. All the Boss/Snake scenes had me feeling a little misty.

Rean

I just want to say that Peace Walker is by far the best written metal gear. I haven't played 4 yet, so I don't know how that'll compare. All the Boss/Snake scenes had me feeling a little misty.
That Snake Eater Instrumental is the goat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom