• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

If you know the answer why are you asking the question?

oWzSfRQ.png

R-User!

Editing in the original audio won't fix the spin-jumping or missile-flipping or the kick-flips/backflips off of garage doors/onto sniper rifles/ along guard railings/off MGRex's foot.

I hastily thought and forgot about the flips.

I'm sorry I forgot about the flips.

I don't want any flips either.

So they would need to redo the over-the-top scenes to bring the Cutscenes back to formula.

Edit: They essentially need to HD Remaster 1 but leave the music and voices alone. Maybe clean them up a tad but don't re-record them. Can this be done?

Imagine a PS4 remake of MGS with great care to keep 100% of the game feeling like it did when played in 1998 with minor improvements to the gameplay; but not changes to gameplay just tweaks to make the experience "smoother".

A fan can dream. But it will have to be Konami doing this without Kojima unless he's shortly contracted just for the Remaster; and if Kojima is not involved, then I won't directly support it, no matter how awesome it is. At best I'd buy it used so Konami doesn't see the sale. :/

It's weird to be in this "Scene" as an MGS fan.

So they would need to redo the over-the-top scenes to bring the Cutscenes back to formula.

Nobody opens their mouth, they just nod their head stiffly every other syllable.

... I'd play it.

Edit: They essentially need to HD Remaster 1 but leave the music and voices alone. Maybe clean them up a tad but don't re-record them. Can this be done?

Imagine a PS4 remake of MGS with great care to keep 100% of the game feeling like it did when played in 1998 with minor improvements to the gameplay; but not changes to gameplay just tweaks to make the experience "smoother".

A fan can dream. But it will have to be Konami doing this without Kojima unless he's shortly contracted just for the Remaster; and if Kojima is not involved, then I won't directly support it, no matter how awesome it is. At best I'd buy it used so Konami doesn't see the sale. :/

It's weird to be in this "Scene" as an MGS fan.

To be fair, the changes for Mei Ling and Naomi were more consistent with canon. They were both American born, that's why they kept the actresses for MGS4.

in the official mgs handbook released in 1998 it mentions Big Boss being japanese-american

"According to the Handbook, Big Boss was a third generation Japanese-American who was born in Hawaii. The entire American side of his family had perished during the Japanese attacks on Pearl Harbor. While his Japanese relatives were locked up in internment camps, he joined the 442nd Infantry Regiment in his teens. Big Boss gained his first combat experience fighting in France, where his unit had contributed to freeing towns from Nazi control in 1944."http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss

TTS is fine, you guys complain too much. Complaining about the flips when the series is full of dumb stuff, just look at that Peace Walker gif. Without the dumb stuff, I wouldn't be as into this series as I am.

Kindekuma

Banned
TTS is fine, you guys complain too much. Complaining about the flips when the series is full of dumb stuff, just look at that Peace Walker gif. Without the dumb stuff, I wouldn't be as into this series as I am.

I thought Peace Walker was already outrageous when it came to cooking Rations in the Monster Hunter missions, talking to Trenya, fighting off mechs with pure strengths, etc. But when I saw the human slingshot weapon that 1HKO's anything that's when I knew nothing could really beat how outrageous that game was.

You should continue reading the wiki.

And play the games. Listen to the codecs, etc.

I thought Peace Walker was already outrageous when it came to cooking Rations in the Monster Hunter missions, talking to Trenya, fighting off mechs with pure strengths, etc. But when I saw the human slingshot weapon that 1HKO's anything that's when I knew nothing could really beat how outrageous that game was.

And play the games. Listen to the codecs, etc.

so big boss japanese heritage was retconned, as i thought?

Rajang

I thought Peace Walker was already outrageous when it came to cooking Rations in the Monster Hunter missions, talking to Trenya, fighting off mechs with pure strengths, etc. But when I saw the human slingshot weapon that 1HKO's anything that's when I knew nothing could really beat how outrageous that game was..

What are you talking about? Those are extra ops and have nothing to do with the story or the saga.

Rajang

I was talking about the game as a whole, not really the story. But having BB hold off a mech with physical strength is pretty crazy.

Completely different.

Kojima's vision for MGS1 was totally different than PW. They ruined the tone of MGS1 in TTS. Snake and BB are always very grounded during cutscenes. They completely took him and others out of character during cutscenes to make it look cool. Every cutscene looked like a parody. There are so many examples. Just look at the Otacon ending for example. In MGS1 they walk down together and in TTS Otacon suddenly trips and rolls down the slope like something out of a cartoon. The cutscenes are a total joke compared to the original. It's like they tried their best to make every cutscene over the top or funny. The only good thing about TTS is that it's non-canon.

And with PW Kojima wanted to focus more on the younger audience. He wanted to make MH style game with MGS. He said he wanted to make a game his son would also enjoy for once. PW was the most "japanese game" out of them all and therefor only did well in Japan. But even in PW during cutscenes BB's actions always remain grounded.

with characters like Quiet, Psycho Mantis with amazing powers..

why is Big Boss called the "The Legendary Soldier"?

I'll actually answer you unlike these wanna be MGS fans. I happen to be the elite.

I think the fact that Big Boss overcomes all these super powered dudes and inspires admiration and respect from almost every one (no matter how despicable) is what makes him Legendary. He overcomes all.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Studio Head of Kojima Productions LA .... Yes Kojima Productions.

2015-04-1800_04_22-tomzbnq.png

Dawg

It's like I don't even know you anymore, S4nic.

You might as well PM a mod and request a nick change to D4rth S4nic. I'll ask brau to make a sith avatar.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man you guys have changed.

3e3.jpg

D4rth S4nic, i kinda like it.

LowParry

So Sn4ke, what's your hyped game of the year now hmmmmmmmmmm? :D We should create a Star Wars clan for MGO, running around on mics and CQC people with lightsaber sounds over the mic on them fools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom