• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So Sn4ke, what's your hyped game of the year now hmmmmmmmmmm? :D We should create a Star Wars clan for MGO, running around on mics and CQC people with lightsaber sounds over the mic on them fools.

Hahahaha yeah I would heavy breath like Darth Vader all the time :lol

DarthVader.gif

Dawg

I blame Konami for this, to be honest.

They took away everything Sn4ke loves. They took away his humanity.

What remains is but a ghost of the former Sn4ke.

Sn4ke_911

I blame Konami for this, to be honest.

They took away everything Sn4ke loves. They took away his humanity.

What remains is but a ghost of the former Sn4ke.

Yeah I gotta say that hit me surprisingly hard, if they delay the game hell then delay the game i wouldn't give two shits about it.

Things might change if Kojima starts to be active again on twitter but for now no fucks given about MGSV.

And that says a lot since MGS is still my favorite game franchise.

Dawg

Yeah I gotta say that hit me surprisingly hard, if they delay the game hell then delay the game i wouldn't give two shits about it.

Things might change if Kojima starts to be active again on twitter but for now no fucks given about MGSV.

:`(

Are you still planning on playing the game?

Vally

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=19064

Some more bits of info about Metal Gear Online (no online trophies, thank god)

The maps are large enough that any sniper should feel right at home.
When asked how vast the customization will be, the developers answered: “It’s important to us, if that helps.”
You will be able to see the connection strength of players on the match info screens.
They’re looking into counter measures in regard to cheaters.
The developers stated it’s too early to talk about DLC and season passes.
Players can ‘opt out’ of matches with special characters.
There are no achievements or trophies planned for Metal Gear Online.
Hosts won’t be able to set upload speed.
Support for the game won’t be separated by region.
An auto aim option is planned, but it will be something you can switch off in your personal settings.

Sn4ke_911

THIS.
but with only 4 maps.
It isn't worth the name "Battlefront" because it isn't a Battlefront. No space battles!? Online only!?
They fucked up!
Hard!

4 Planets not 4 maps.

Next time inform yourself before you spread lies.

No online trophies is a god send.

And auto aim is in every console game so no need to make a fuss about it.
Even multiplayer? I don't play a ton of multiplayer but the only game I remember having auto aim like the campaign was Red Dead Redemption.

Do you mean aim assist? Isn't that something completely different?

JayEH

I have to say I am also not hyped for Battlefront. No campaign and space maps really killed my hype. Lack of gameplay today also didn't help.

Even multiplayer? I don't play a ton of multiplayer but the only game I remember having auto aim like the campaign was Red Dead Redemption.

Do you mean aim assist? Isn't that something completely different?

Yeah that's what I meant. Hopefully they mean that too.

Rajang

There was auto aim in PW too, which you could switch on and off. But the reason they put that in was because of the awful PSP controls.

Sn4ke_911

Oh so is it confirmed that there will be multiple maps for each planet?
Fucking EA calls them planets because people wouldn't buy a game with 4 maps.

edit: Battlefront 2 had 17 "planets" (thx Rean)

I'm not even sure why i argue with you here you clearly have no idea about the whole game and development.

You obviously don't know that they had very short development time and couldn't create maps freely like with Battlefield. They had to stay true to the original source material.

All you kidz want is more and more content but you'd be the first to cry when shit doesn't work at launch.... but hey let's completely ignore what disastrous launch BF4 had right?

Also it's laughable that you guys want a campaign when all Battlefield campaigns were complete garbage.

People bitch when Battlefield has a campaign.

People bitch when Battlefront focuses on multiplayer.

Ridiculous.

JayEH

I'm not even sure why i argue with you here you clearly have no idea about the whole game and development.

You obviously don't know that they had very short development time and couldn't create maps freely like with Battlefield. They had to stay true to the original source material.

All you kidz want is more and more content but you'd be the first to cry when shit doesn't work at launch.... but hey let's completely ignore what disastrous launch BF4 had right?

Also it's laughable that you guys want a campaign when all Battlefield campaigns were complete garbage.

Ridiculous.

Who cares how much time they had. As a consumer I expect a good amount of content for my money. This game will obviously be rushed so they can be there with the movie so even if the game is broken they won't delay it or anything. Less content =/ guaranteed non broken game.

Ridiculous.

so what? 60 - 70€ for a multiplayer only game that has only 4 maps (sorry, 4 planets), which is way too less content for a full price release. DLC will probably fix this but by the time you'll have paid 100€ or so for this game that could've been better if they didn't rush it just to have it out before Episode 7 arrives.

Sn4ke_911

Who cares how much time they had. As a consumer I expect a good amount of content for my money. This game will obviously be rushed so they can be there with the movie so even if the game is broken they won't delay it or anything. Less content =/ guaranteed non broken game.

so what? 60 - 70€ for a multiplayer only game that has only 4 maps (sorry, 4 planets), which is way too less content for a full price release. DLC will probably fix this but by the time you'll have paid 100€ or so for this game that could've been better if they didn't rush it just to have it out before Episode 7 arrives.

Why can't people use common sense for once? do you seriously think they blow all their load at this event haha, wait for E3.

Oh and about your 4 maps (sorry 4 planets) thing...

uz2kWkm.png

Rajang

Ridiculous.

I have never bitched about a single player campaign being in a game. I just dont buy games with no campaigns. The only times I played games with no campaign was with games that were free like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and League of Legends. I will never buy a game that has no campaign and focuses so much on multiplayer like Titanfall for example or the upcoming Battlefront. I'll just wait for it to be free on Origin.

Sn4ke_911

I have never bitched about a single player campaign being in a game. I just dont buy games with no campaigns. The only time I played a game with no campaign was with games that were free like Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory and League of Legends. I will never buy a game that has no campaign and focuses so much on multiplayer like Titanfall for example or the upcoming Battlefront.

So you would rather have a shitty half assed campaign in the game than no campaign at all?

Seriously?

Why can't people use common sense for once? do you seriously think they blow all their load at this event haha, wait for E3.

Oh and about your 4 maps (sorry 4 planets) thing...

uz2kWkm.png

Well, thank you for clarification! 8 maps are a total gamechanger compared to Battlefront 2's 18 maps.
But yes, 8 is better than 4, that would've been hilarious in a very sad way.
Now I fear that the 2 maps per planet will totally look the same and use 100% of the same assets.

Rajang

So you would rather have a shitty half assed campaign in the game than no campaign at all?

Seriously?

I never said that.

I was hyped for the Battlefront game because I loved the first Battlefront and played the campaign so many times. I didn't know there would be a total focus on multiplayer. I'm just not someone who is into multiplayer games that much. I will just never buy a game with a heavy multiplayer focus, it's not for me. I prefer something like Wolfenstein over Titanfall.

Sn4ke_911

Well, thank you for clarification! 8 maps are a total gamechanger compared to Battlefront 2's 18 maps.
But yes, 8 is better than 4, that would've been hilarious in a very sad way.
Now I fear that the 2 maps per planet will totally look the same and use 100% of the same assets.

Please read again what the DICE dev EXACTLY said.

He said more maps than 8 and more than 2 maps per planet at launch.

I never said that.

I was hyped for the Battlefront game because I loved the first Battlefront and played the campaign so many times. I didn't know there would be a total focus on multiplayer. I'm just not someone who is into multiplayer games that much. I will just never buy a game with a heavy multiplayer focus, it's not for me. I prefer something like Wolfenstein over Titanfall.

Did you know this?

"We don’t have a traditional single player story, but our Star Wars Battlefront Missions deliver carefully crafted moments inspired by the films that let you live out your battle fantasies."

JayEH

What do you guys have in your metal gear collections? So far I just own all the mainline games (and portable ops). And the MGS HD collection limited edition.

Anyone have anything cool in theirs?

Rean

Please read again what the DICE dev EXACTLY said.

He said more maps than 8 and more than 2 maps per planet at launch.

Did you know this?
Do you think they're gonna sell classic maps as DLC or wait until the sequel?

What do you guys have in your metal gear collections? So far I just own all the mainline games (and portable ops). And the MGS HD collection limited edition.

Just the Legacy Collection.

I wish I had more physical MGS games. I currently only have MGS 1, 4 and Ground Zeroes. 3, Portable, Ops and Peace Walker are on my Vita.

Sn4ke_911

This is not the best place to disuss this.

So you quote me but then refuse to answer my question ok.

fatfluffycat.jpg

Do you think they're gonna sell classic maps as DLC or wait until the sequel.

I really hope that they keep making new stuff after launch. Plenty of DLC packs with new maps, weapons, heroes, vehicles etc.

Also i'm pretty sure there will be a sequel because let's be real, they didn't made all those assets just for 1 game. *fingers crossed* BF2 has space battles.

Rajang

That's awesome.

I have MGS2, MGS2 Substance, MGS2 Substance ultimate collectors edition (with document of MGS2), MGS3, MGS3 Subsistence, MGS4, MGS PW, Ac!d, MGS GZ (PS3), MGS GZ (PS4 JP) and The Legacy Collection.

Edit: forgot a couple

Rean

I really hope that they keep making new stuff after launch. Plenty of DLC packs with new maps, weapons, heroes, vehicles etc.

Also i'm pretty sure there will be a sequel because let's be real, they didn't made all those assets just for 1 game. *fingers crossed* BF2 has space battles.
Im sure there will be space battles, but I kinda want them to hold off on some of the classic battlefront maps so they can finally be able to do Land to Space battles for the sequel.

Speaking of a multiplayer game that's relevant to this thread, I'm very glad to see that MGO won't have any trophies. It will allow people to actually play the game properly rather than fucking around in order to get some obscure trophy.

Rajang

So you quote me but then refuse to answer my question ok.

fatfluffycat.jpg

I didn't do that on purpose, I didn't see your post.

But that's not something I'm looking for. I just want a traditional single player experience.

Speaking of a multiplayer game that's relevant to this thread, I'm very glad to see that MGO won't have any trophies. It will allow people to actually play the game properly rather than fucking around in order to get some obscure trophy.

Exactly. Such a good decision by Koji Pro.

JayEH

Yes, one thing I hate about PW is the online trophies. You need to coordinate with someone now of days if you want to get the platinum.

Vally

In my physical collection I only have MGS3 Subsistence, the 25th Anniversary edition of MGS4, Rising and Ground Zeroes. Everything else is digital.

Even if I get a PS4 I'll buy the PS3 version of TPP too, just so that I can have the whole series on PS3.

Hi guys, my account has just been approved and this is my first post on here.
I plan on becoming a permanent member of metal gear gaf!

Welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom