• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Fox

Banned
Random things from Telegram (copyright Bricky)

ndCVcVl.jpg

lol

Pinewood

Simple, what would be the point of having an open world with nothing to do in it and we still have to follow the same path to the same people to the same end goal?
It wouldn't make sense.

Would Kojima keep the layout of the Shadow Moses Facility the same?
If it was an open world then maybe it'd make more sense to have the whole archipelago open to the player and spread the facility over multiple islands?

I admit the story COULD stay relatively the same but more than likely it'd change to include a bigger Foxhound unit with more Bosses considering the player space would have become a lot bigger.

This alone changes the story, even if kojima was to simply move a Boss to a different location this would also change the story as we knew it.

There would likely be more codec conversations because to be honest it'd be boring if we had to cross multiple islands without the colonel mumbling in our ear.

Kojima would have to add into the story the retcons and back storystory he added in with peace walker MGS3.

This would change the story.

Why are we even having this discussion? Kojima has said already that he'd keep the best bits and completely start anew.

And next time add in a real open world structured game like assassin's creed or something sandbox like hitman.

He thing is, this is Big Bosses story, not a MGS 1 remake. All we could get is a Metal Gear remake at the end of TPP, but tha chances of that are already slim. Maybe Kojima puts in a codec convo with Solid at the end of the credits for the fans. But Shadow Moses remake? Thas is way reaching.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
I now want to know what is the phone number thing.
Short story is a Junior that got approved just to post that phone number posted the doctor's number in the thread and two people tried ringing him but didn't get through. Everybody kinda freaked out since the approval was so swift. Thing is, the phone number was at the end of the doctor's press release, so it wasn't really that secret.

zychi

Banned
He thing is, this is Big Bosses story, not a MGS 1 remake. All we could get is a Metal Gear remake at the end of TPP, but tha chances of that are already slim. Maybe Kojima puts in a codec convo with Solid at the end of the credits for the fans. But Shadow Moses remake? Thas is way reaching.
The game IS huge. Shadow Moses could easily fit. I mean they did put MGS1 in HD in mgs4.

With all this crazy doctor shit/bigboss is grey fox rumor, im even more convinced that Hayter is in this game. Its been like 7 years since mgs4, theres been plenty of time to record his voice.

Im so bored with every other game series, im still working on mgs2 and 3 100% and big boss runs but ive turned into stan marsh waiting for mgsv. Everything is shit to me :/

im even more convinced that Hayter is in this game.
Only because thy're hired Kiefer to dubb Big Boss doesn't mean that there will not be a Solid Snake dubbed by David. Probably just for couple of minutes in the end. Liquid also.

This is my first post here, so please be gentle.

Palpable

Only because thy're hired Kiefer to dubb Big Boss doesn't mean that there will not be a Solid Snake dubbed by David. Probably just for couple of minutes in the end. Liquid also.

JwdBbB.gif

"Welcome to my country... and to my unit."

JayEH

Heyo and welcome! o/

I don't think Hayter is in the game at all. Konami wouldn't be very happy with all the shit talking Hayter has done the last couple of years and listening to interviews from him it seemed like it is clear that he is not in the game. It also makes no sense for him to do something like this exclusively for a western audience since the voice actor for Snake in Japanese hasn't changed.

I never really cared much for Hayter since I don't usually get very attached to voice actor but it would be cool for a Snake cameo. The reality of the situation doesn't seem like he would be voicing Snake at all in this game.

Heyo and welcome! o/

I don't think Hayter is in the game at all. Konami wouldn't be very happy with all the shit talking Hayter has done the last couple of years and listening to interviews from him it seemed like it is clear that he is not in the game.

I never really cared much for Hayter since I don't usually get very attached to voice actor but it would be cool for a Snake cameo. The reality of the situation doesn't seem like he would be voicing Snake at all in this game.

Why you don't have a pork bun in your hand?

Pinewood

Hayter isnt on par with the other actors onboard. If there is SS cameo in rhe game, its young snake and that gruff voice would be too jarring. Also, unless its just a codec call during the credits, it also requires motion capture, and Hayer doesnt seem up for it, from a professional standpoint. Not to shit on Hayter or anything, but there are much better people to play Snake, especially after the embarrasment that was Peace Walker VA.

Mexen

If SS does appear, how big a time skip would be required to have a Hayter SS? Also what would that entail in terms of plot between SS being 12 and in his 20s? Would the game cover that period or we just fill in the gaps?

Lernaean

Banned
This is the community that, even if Hayter died, they'd say he faked his death, it's a Kojima ruse, and now they are even surer that SS will be in TPP, voiced by Hayter.

Guys, he was replaced by an actor. Relax.

Hey guys.

We have a telegram group filled with MGS GAF members to talk and hang out in addition to this thread. If any of you want to join our group please PM me and I will add you in.

Venom Fox

Banned
Hater acting like that about his departure on social media is unbelievabley unprofessional and is unwise if he is seeking further voice acting work.
It feels like a big ruse imo, he will be in this game.

The time gap between Outer Heaven being built and SS joining is around 6 years later in 1995.
The phantom pain is set in 1984 and Outer Heaven is built in the late 80's (88-89) so the Phantom Pain already covers around 4-5 years at least.

Is it still a stretch to have the timeline retconned so that BB joins Foxhound earlier and trains SS before sending in to infiltrate OH in 1995?

Edit: I agree with the terrible VA in Peace Walker.

brau

Neosnake.

I am about to start on your avatar.

Speak now, or live with the consequences of my crazy mind trying to come up with some funny Avatar.

Rean will love it when the avatar is something
Frozen
related.

EDIT. TOO LATE. Rean will be proud.

fA8JTJT.png

Venom Fox

Banned
Neosnake.

I am about to start on your avatar.

Speak now, or live with the consequences of my crazy mind trying to come up with some funny Avatar.

Rean will love it when the avatar is something
Frozen
related.
A Solid Snake Elsa mashup maybe? Lmao.

Oh Brau, please can it have the tagline 'A Hideo Kojima Game' like the others have please.
Thanks Brau!

Edit: lol you added it just as I wrote that.

I love it! Thank you so much!

brau

A Solid Snake Elsa mashup maybe? Lmao.

Oh Brau, please can it have the tagline 'A Hideo Kojima Game' like the others have please.
Thanks Brau!

Edit: lol you added it just as I wrote that.

I love it! Thank you so much!

ALL INTELLECTUAL CREDIT goes to Rean.

You can thank him.

cBWWYN4.png

Lernaean

Banned
lel all of us lurkers finally showing ourselves :^)

Does anyone here collect MGS figures?
I want this but lol @ that price tag.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/metal-gear-raiden-hot-toys-9021841/
I recently bought the Venom Snake play arts Kai so I need to start my MGS figure collection and that's the best figure I've seen in my life.

No, i can guarantee that no one here collects figures, whether it is MGS, Amiibos, Evangelion, or even Sonic.

I want that HotToys Raiden too ffs.

Venom Fox

Banned
ALL INTELLECTUAL CREDIT goes to Rean.

You can thank him.

cBWWYN4.png

Oh wow, this just gets better and better.

Thank you Rean and Brau!

lel all of us lurkers finally showing ourselves :^)

Does anyone here collect MGS figures?
I want this but lol @ that price tag.
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/metal-gear-raiden-hot-toys-9021841/
I recently bought the Venom Snake play arts Kai so I need to start my MGS figure collection and that's the best figure I've seen in my life.
I am currently watching the Play Arts Kai Venom Snake figure on EBay, it will be my first but will not be my last!
What's it like to actually see it right there in front of you?

No, i can guarantee that no one here collects figures, whether it is MGS, Amiibos, Evangelion, or even Sonic.

I want that HotToys Raiden too ffs.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have a feeling I'm going to drop $300 on impulse for the figure and regret it later

I can imagine it now, hot glue everywhere.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I am currently watching the Play Arts Kai Venom Snake figure on EBay, it will be my first but will not be my last!
What's it like to actually see it right there in front of you?

It's amazing. I'd definitely recommend it. It's HUGE too (or at least a lot bigger than I thought it would be). It's around 12 inches tall.

Here's a really crappy-quality picture I just took. The lighting atm here is terrible.
http://i.imgur.com/uRbM9MU.jpg

Venom Fox

Banned
No problem man!

I kind of want this to happen now.
It's a cool Avatar!

I could imagine it now lol.
A 12 year old boy sits alone looking out of a helicopter window, as a Hind flys past into the mist ahead.
A man with a red mechanical arm reaches and places it on his shoulder and asks "are you ok son?".

The boy turns and says (Hayter gravel voice)"Boss, what's a Russian gunship doing here?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom