• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say it was originally an ideological difference, but the lengths that Zero would go through made it personal. I doubt they were arguing between The Beatles and The Stones when they lit the fuse of a world war.

so pretty much all the events that happened in MGS was pretty much a result of the war between BB and Zero

MG and MG 2: Solid Snake prove that BB was willing to have the world burn to take down Zero

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I present you guys "smug cat".

smug%20cat.jpg

But we all know that the Stones<Beatles

It is known! Only tattoo I have is a blackbird on my right shoulder. Tail turns into sheet music and I have the notes and words for "take these broken wings and learn to fly." I love it.

so pretty much all the events that happened in MGS was pretty much a result of the war between BB and Zero

MG and MG 2: Solid Snake prove that BB was willing to have the world burn to take down Zero

They are at war because neither of them truly understand the will of the Boss. Honestly, we don't know nearly enough about Zero at this point. All we have is word of mouth that he's a monster, and what we saw of him in 3 (total goofball.) I think this game will add a lot of clarity.

I'm also not sure if Outer Heaven was any kind of push at Zero, unless he was creating a nation of soldiers to take down The Patriots... That would make him way less villainous. idk where I want him to fall on the moral spectrum. Feels kind of cheap watching his discent if it's mostly validated.

https://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=UMa5TgX624Q

this is an important for MGS V i believe...

why is Kaz having phone calls with Zero?

what if BB finds out?

Big Boss does find out. He admits it after the hidden ending.

"Miller later apologized to Big Boss because the former knew what Paz and Gálvez had been up to all along, and in fact was in on their plot, but didn't tell Big Boss soonerMiller had secretly been acting as a business partner to Cipher (Zero) in order to expand MSF, due to his belief that the mercenary business would become a new driving force in the world economy after the Cold War's end,[30] considering himself nothing more than a business partner, and thus neither an ally nor an enemy of him.[31] In addition, he had earlier leaked news of Paz's modifications to Zero before she had a chance to lie about her progress.[32] However, Zero ordered Paz to launch a nuke at the East Coast, to frame the MSF as being an extremist cult should Big Boss refuse to rejoin Cipher, and thus would jeapordize any chances for MSF expanding."

if Zero makes an apperance in TPP its going to be awesome too see BB and Zero face to face, staring at each other...

Zero will probably be with bodyguards i assume

something i wondered

i wonder if Solid respected Big Boss more so than Liquid and Solidus.... although he fought against all 3 of them (well technically raiden beat solidus)...

but he still went to BB graveyard in MGS 4, i don't think he had any favorable things to say about Liquid or Solidus

Mexen

if Zero makes an apperance in TPP its going to be awesome too see BB and Zero face to face, staring at each other...

Zero will probably be with bodyguards i assume

Semi boss battle? Get to zero through his men. Before you kill him, a cut scene activates and he escapes.
"Sorry, Boss, but it's not my time. If you're that sentimental, then take heart, you can still fight someone from your past...present and future."
*SS appears*

Rajang

something i wondered

i wonder if Solid respected Big Boss more so than Liquid and Solidus.... although he fought against all 3 of them (well technically raiden beat solidus)...

but he still went to BB graveyard in MGS 4, i don't think he had any favorable things to say about Liquid or Solidus

omg

something i wondered

I assume that was Boss' grave. Big Boss didn't really have one. And I know for a fact he at one point respected BB. He was his commanding officer. And repeatedly through the series Snake hears altruistic tales of BB's more harrowing moments, like Sniper Wolf or Naomi.

I assume that was Boss' grave. Big Boss didn't really have one. And I know for a fact he at one point respected BB. He was his commanding officer. And repeatedly through the series Snake hears altruistic tales of BB's more harrowing moments, like Sniper Wolf or Naomi.

it was BB grave..."to the flames of war rests in Outer Heaven" and it says he died in 1999 (which he was supposedly killed by SS in MG 2: Solid Snake)

Vally

Speaking of graves, I'm going to put a graveyard in OT3, I think I'm not missing anyone, right? Let's hope we have to add as few names as possible lol

Oj2OfR7.png

brau

image.php

Dude.. since i can't find that darn video, and your avatar is a little rugged. Can i just make you a new avatar or edit this one? I feel bad i have not been able to find this haha.

my problem with Drebin is how he seemingly so much more about The Patriots then heck even Big Boss knew

and BB was one of the founders lol
Why wouldn't Drebin know so much? Wasn't he taken by the Patriots when he was still a kid? He's their agent so he had access to information that is only seen by those who the Patriots choose to reveal the truth to.

Rajang

Why wouldn't Drebin know so much? Wasn't he taken by the Patriots when he was still a kid? He's their agent so he had access to information that is only seen by those who the Patriots choose to reveal the truth to.

lol. He apparently hasnt play all the games but seems to constantly make random theories and statements about the story and characters.

Kazuhira

something i wondered

I guess eva´s speech made him understand that he was just another pawn like Snake was.
I don´t think he hates Liquid or Solidus,all of them were trying to reach the same goal even if their methods were totally opposite.
Solidus' death was really sad imo but then i remember he killed my waifu Olga :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom