• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
but it would have made sense you bastards :(

Man this community, that's what you get when you're trying to have a little bit fun in here.

I thought you abandoned MGSV in favor for Star Wars S4nic.. I recall you ain't hype for this game *smugface

american-psycho-bateman.jpeg

JayEH

but it would have made sense you bastards :(

Man this community, that's what you get when you're trying to have a little bit fun in here.

It isn't about having fun. It's trying to make connections that aren't there and then hyping them up as some kind of ruse. That's why Graphics Horse brought up what he did.

You know we all love having fun.

So Gray Fox is identical to Big Boss. Solid Snake is identical to young Big Boss. Liquid is identical to Solid Snake, with gorgeous flowing locks. Master Miller is identical to Liquid Snake.
Yeah, have we had an explanation for why Solid, Liquid and Big Boss look the same? :p
I think Matthewmatosis said it best in his review when he said that Drebin basically serves no purpose in the plot that couldn't have easily been served by another character. Otacon could have hacked into the "System" to unlock the ID tag guns, Naomi could have injected him with the new nano machines. Otacon or the B&B members could have delivered the lines about their terrible backstories etc.
That just shows a general lack of knowledge about the basic plot.

Otacon couldn't hack SOP it was impossible to do from the outside. Nobody injected him with new nanos, Drebin injected him with new FOXDIE on behalf of the Patriots...Naomi would never have done that, it would mean she was trying to kill her own allies. And Drebin knew about the B&B because he too was a victim of war.
yeah BB was an original founder of the Patriots though....yet Drebin had more knowledge about them...it just seems kind of odd
Why would someone who left the Patriots within two years and was in a 15 year coma, know more about an A.I system than a Patriot agent?

Sn4ke_911

I thought you abandoned MGSV in favor for Star Wars S4nic.. I recall you ain't hype for this game *smugface

american-psycho-bateman.jpeg

I didn't "abandonded" MGSV in favor for Star Wars lol.

I said my hype went down the toilet because of the whole Kojima disaster. The doctor rumor brought me back in but i'm still not there where i was. Give me a statement from Kojima, new trailer or chopper pic and i'm back in full hype mode bitches.

Dont worry Sn4ke, I still love you.

I love you too man.

I'm on your side. I promise. *bro hug*

b-acgv7caaa-rqk51sp6.jpg

LowParry

I said my hype went down the toilet because of the whole Kojima disaster. The doctor rumor brought me back in but i'm still not there where i was. Give me a statement from Kojima, new trailer or chopper pic and i'm back in full hype mode bitches.

Mind of a mad man.

That does bring up a good point. When will we hear anything substantial from Kojima again? And is that clothing line of his done? Did it ever take off?

Sn4ke_911

It isn't about having fun. It's trying to make connections that aren't there and then hyping them up as some kind of ruse. That's why Graphics Horse brought up what he did.

You know we all love having fun.

You think we create those rumors just for the sake of creating them? no, that christmas rumor with the moby dick book would have made sense.

I'm normally not one who believes in weird shit but when i see dots who could absolutely connect i become a believer.

I always was on #TeamReal btw. because saying Joakim Mogren was CG is one of the dumbest things i've ever heard.

You can check here if you don't believe me.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=93

Mexen

I love you too man.

b-acgv7caaa-rqk51sp6.jpg

tumblr_inline_ne7ytiePJw1qb6nhw.png

tariniel

Since we're 5 months away I've started my plan of replaying 1 mainline Metal Gear Solid game per month until September (my plan is MGS 1-4 + PW).

I started Metal Gear Solid 1 this weekend and am having a huge nostalgia trip. I remember most of the game so clearly from when I was younger (I beat this one 10+ times back then). I made it up to Grey Fox/Ninja and... I died 5 times on him. I forgot how rough that fight can be. I'm really enjoying it so far and the voice acting is awesome. I also have a hard time not laughing when I get a codec call from 'Deepthroat'. Looking forward to playing more!

Blogtime? I just beat Sniper Wolf 2 and I haven't been having as much fun as I expected. I never realized before how close all of the boss fights are to each other in MGS1. As I've aged I find I enjoy boss fights less and less in general and enjoy the between bosses parts of games more.

I also really hated the comm tower 1 run. I forgot that existed. The first time I died because I wasn't prepared for that, second time I figured I'll just chaff the first cam that detects you and leisurely make my way up - nope. It's scripted. It was probably the least fun thing in the entire game at this point.

All that said I'm enjoying brushing up on the story and the voice acting is still superb. I hit disc 2 so I think I'm nearly done with the game and can move on to MGS2, which I remember even less of.

Rajang

Otacon couldn't hack SOP it was impossible to do from the outside. Nobody injected him with new nanos, Drebin injected him with new FOXDIE on behalf of the Patriots...Naomi would never have done that, it would mean she was trying to kill her own allies. And Drebin knew about the B&B because he too was a victim of war.Why would someone who left the Patriots within two years and was in a 15 year coma, know more about an A.I system than a Patriot agent?

Yep, well said.

Sn4ke_911

Mind of a mad man.

That does bring up a good point. When will we hear anything substantial from Kojima again? And is that clothing line of his done? Did it ever take off?

I hope real soon.

Not knowing what the heck is going on is the worst.

Mexen

In all honesty, one cannot simply ignore this fiasco and pass it for a mere coincidence.
I can almost hear Kojima, Moore and Dr. C laughing on Skype.

Mexen

Yong Yea should interview Dr. Canavero while he's at it

Yong: HEEELLO Lee-adies and gentlemehn, welcome to another episode. My name is Yoooong Yeeeea and joining me today is Dr. Canavero. Welcome, doctor.

Dr. C: Thank you.

Yong: Must be surreal, finding out about this whole thing in such a way?

Dr. C: Yes, it is. Totally unreal. In fact when the patriots allowed me to do this interview, I was skeptical. Anyway, I'm here to clarify-

Yong: wait, hold on. Back up a lil...

Sn4ke_911

In all honesty, one cannot simply ignore this fiasco and pass it for a mere coincidence.
I can almost hear Kojima, Moore and Dr. C laughing on Skype.

Right? i mean wtf, that V is the exact same V from the Ground Zeroes logo.

Mexen

Right? i mean wtf, that V is the exact same V from the Ground Zeroes logo.

Absolutely. No matter how you look at it (impossible coincidence or elaborate ruse), it's fucking insane. This is some meta shit really fitting for Kojima's "last game". Going out with bang indeed.

Simple, what would be the point of having an open world with nothing to do in it and we still have to follow the same path to the same people to the same end goal?
It wouldn't make sense.

Would Kojima keep the layout of the Shadow Moses Facility the same?
If it was an open world then maybe it'd make more sense to have the whole archipelago open to the player and spread the facility over multiple islands?

I admit the story COULD stay relatively the same but more than likely it'd change to include a bigger Foxhound unit with more Bosses considering the player space would have become a lot bigger.

This alone changes the story, even if kojima was to simply move a Boss to a different location this would also change the story as we knew it.

There would likely be more codec conversations because to be honest it'd be boring if we had to cross multiple islands without the colonel mumbling in our ear.

Kojima would have to add into the story the retcons and back storystory he added in with peace walker MGS3.

This would change the story.

Why are we even having this discussion? Kojima has said already that he'd keep the best bits and completely start anew.

And next time add in a real open world structured game like assassin's creed or something sandbox like hitman.

Why are we having this conversation? Because you brought it up as a point.

All plot points would be in the same place, like GTAV. It's the players choice on how to get to those points. GTA doesn't use a free form way of telling stories, you start a mission in the same place and finish it in the same place and the same story will happen.

And new bosses? Having a bigger map doesn't mean having more bosses. It just means you have more space to complete your objective.

Kojima said this:-

“There are a lot of people wanting remakes of the original, and as producer I want to answer those calls, but as a creator I’m not very interested in going back. If we were to do it, it would have to be a total remake — the only thing that would be the same would be the story. If it happened at some point I would stay as a producer, but would have to hand off most of the actual creating.”

And there is no way Kojima would add information from the Big Boss era into a Solid Snake game, because Solid Snake has no knowledge of that stuff until MGS4.

Venom Fox

Banned
Why are we having this conversation? Because you brought it up as a point.

All plot points would be in the same place, like GTAV. It's the players choice on how to get to those points. GTA doesn't use a free form way of telling stories, you start a mission in the same place and finish it in the same place and the same story will happen.

And new bosses? Having a bigger map doesn't mean having more bosses. It just means you have more space to complete your objective.

Kojima said this:-

“There are a lot of people wanting remakes of the original, and as producer I want to answer those calls, but as a creator I’m not very interested in going back. If we were to do it, it would have to be a total remake — the only thing that would be the same would be the story. If it happened at some point I would stay as a producer, but would have to hand off most of the actual creating.”

And there is no way Kojima would add information from the Big Boss era into a Solid Snake game, because Solid Snake has no knowledge of that stuff until MGS4.
Ok. He also said he'd change the story by bringing the best of the past into the present.

It doesn't matter if there were new bosses or not, he'd still have to add something to the story in order to keep the open world compelling.

Even something simple like added in a side mission to find hidden objects would still change the story because we did not do that when we originally played the story.

Venom Fox

Banned

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-wants-open-world-metal-gear-solid-1-remake-/1100-6425043/

If it was going to be a remake, I wouldn't want to make a standard remake, but something similar to what Planet of the Apes is doing: Bringing the best of the past to the present and doing something new,"

Which if you knew about the original movie vs the new movie you'd know that the story was completely gutted to make it more modern but the overall premise of apes ruling a world stays the same.

"But I would have to go with MGS1. If it was going to be a remake, I wouldn’t want to make a standard remake, but something similar to what Planet of the Apes is doing: Bringing the best of the past to the present and doing something new."

It says nothing about changing the story. He's more than likely talking about past and present gameplay mechanics.

And I pretty sure the new Planet of the Apes wasn't a remake? Wasn't it a prequel?

It blows my mind's balls clean off as to why people are hankering for an mgs1 remake. Say what you want about it, but the twin snakes already took care of that. Throw in act 4 of gotp and that's the third time we've been to shadow moses. That's purty much how the Hollywood machine keeps propagating itself. The remake. Kojima said it himself: a tride and true creator is about forward not lateral movement. if you wanna retread old ground in that fashion as a creator, then you may as well grow a throat goiter and call yourself George Lucas.

If anything should be getting rehashed, at least, its the very first two titles, either in game/movie/Netflix series form. The modern story telling elements of voice acting/ cutscenes aren't an element in regards to the remakes. Ergo, no expectation. Cleaner foundation to work from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom