• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

B-Oqb1hIIAAIRn3.jpg:large

Barely took me 10 hours, kek

I'm basically paying for a $60 platinum.

Man i had such a hard day today. Had to do Physical work with my dad clearing out some storage units and then do my university work

wheres my release date koji

Guys do you also have sometimes this strong desire inside of you to be a cute chick with pigtails or is it just me?

Just curious.

brau

It's a solid/okay game. 7,5/10.

Flawed, but still entertaining. I laugh at 4/10 reviews. I've played much worse than this.

Thats what i thought. Is there anything good to look at? or keep in mind? i am excited to play it this weekend. Bu ti really never had any high hopes this would be a game changer.

Guys do you also have sometimes this strong desire inside of you to be a cute chick with pigtails or is it just me?

Just curious.

Im not the only one?...

Every day!

seriously though, anything you need to talk about buddy?

Replace 'to be' with 'to do', and you got my thoughts exactly :p

No, I mean to be. I was just browsing Persona 5 fanart and just noticed, I want to be like that, that isn't strange right? I think that is perfectly reasonable.

Dawg

I like easy platinums....
btw, how far are you with your AC Unity plat?

I... I... I collected all of those chests. All of them. There were more than a hundred in the game. After I was done, I was unable to progress further. I killed my own enjoyment of the game. Now I still need to do the co-op stuff and a few random trophies.

MajorTom

Whats your favourite Metal Gear game?
Overall I think mgs2. I like mgs1 a lot because it's one of the first games I played with my dad as a kid. I think ground zeroes has the est gameplay though which means that TPP could be my favorite when it is released. Check back in about a year and I'll have a definite answer.

Blablurn

2 will always have a special place in my heart. I said it once, I say it again: I dont like Kojimas hard on for Big Boss. Bring back Snake
D5Jy4CR.png

748204-promo3_.jpg

OK, first of all: Wow! Amazing first episode. I find myself engaged immediately from the jump.

Plot:
The Order 1886 prequel, confirmed.
: A nobleman, later revealed to be George Joestar, is clinging to dear life after surviving what was a deadly crash for those accompanying him. A thief, Dario Brando, intending to rob the corpses of those at the site, is offered a reward: a favor from George Joestar. Fast-forward twelve years, we see George Joestar looking on from the balcony of his mansion at his son, Jonathan Joestar ("JoJo"). JoJo calls the family dog, Danny, out for an adventure. Elsewhere, Dario lay on his deathbed as nothing more than a pathetic man who had taken advantage of those around him. Years later, with his life clock ticking, Dario gives his son, Dio, a letter. This letter was to be delivered to George Joestar, and was, in turn, an opportunity for Dio to grow up and become rich. Dio arrives to the Joestar estate and is greeted by JoJo. From that moment on, JoJo's life would become a living hell. Dio had one goal in life, and that was to become rich - and make JoJo suffer along the way. Dio looked to take everything JoJo ever had - ever loved, including his childhood sweetheart, Erina, whom we also meet in the episode - and turn it against him. Needless to say, this isn't your ordinary sibling rivalry. The brother of light, and the brother of dark!

Characters:
I find JoJo very easy to root for, from the start. He has good intentions and wants to become a gentleman, doesn't get much more noble than that. Dio, on the other hand, is a total scumbag. Like a fusion between Liquid Snake and Ray Rice. And as far as Erina is concerned, I hope that she
learns to accept JoJo again, as what happened was neither his fault nor her's

Video:
Beautiful animation. Colorful. Lively. I like the title cards (or "action" text) popping up on screen - reminds me a bit of Kill la Kill in that regard.

Audio:
Awesome voice work. The music was great, too. I like how subtle it was, for the most part. (Rurouni Kenshin springs to mind.) During the tense moments, the score really took off - fit like a glove.

Overall:
Blown away. A lot of ground covered in a short period of time. Story progresses smoothly, action is top-notch. The scene in which
Dio elbows JoJo
, I felt the delivery of that blow. So excited about starting the series, and I look forward to starting on the next episode shortly! Thank you, JayEH, for the recommendation.

Opto

Banned
I think there are plenty of places in which Arthur Gies can express his displeasure with representation of women in video games. A video game review for a game which happens to feature a female lead is probably not that place. Bring it up, fine. But he acts like if I play through Bayonetta 2, I'll go out expecting women to shove asses in my face and pull of sweet combos.
Well that's a gross misinterpretation of the review.

Git yur agenda out of my toys, amirite?

Well that's a gross misinterpretation of the review.

Git yur agenda out of my toys, amirite?

I don't really care, man, whatever. I tend to ignore it anyways. My thing was people saying "Oh, I'm going to avoid Quiet altogether because of the way she's dressed." Which is fucking ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom