• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
470bf02aae.jpg

Don't even joke about that. I am serious.

Whats your favourite Metal Gear game?

I can't even decide. The more I think about it, the more it's 2. But honestly I think 1, 2, and 3 are all arguably the best for different reasons. I'm playing through 4 again now. I like it a lot more. Maybe I'll fall in love with it like I didn't the first time.

Have't played PW but I watched all the cutscenes. I think my friend has it on the HD or Legacy collection or whatever. Maybe I need to finally jump in.

Rean

Dio, on the other hand, is a total scumbag. Like a fusion between Liquid Snake and Ray Rice. And as far as Erina is concerned, I hope that she
learns to accept JoJo again, as what happened was neither his fault nor her's
/dead

Wait til you get to part 2.
Best Part

MajorTom

I don't really care, man, whatever. I tend to ignore it anyways. My thing was people saying "Oh, I'm going to avoid Quiet altogether because of the way she's dressed." Which is fucking ridiculous.
Awwww man you just reminded me of something my tutor said the other day. He claims he's a massive fan of metal gear but he said he isn't going to play TPP just because of Quiet -_-

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
748204-promo3_.jpg

OK, first of all: Wow! Amazing first episode. I find myself engaged immediately from the jump.

Plot:
The Order 1886 prequel, confirmed.
: A nobleman, later revealed to be George Joestar, is clinging to dear life after surviving what was a deadly crash for those accompanying him. A thief, Dario Brando, intending to rob the corpses of those at the site, is offered a reward: a favor from George Joestar. Fast-forward twelve years, we see George Joestar looking on from the balcony of his mansion at his son, Jonathan Joestar ("JoJo"). JoJo calls the family dog, Danny, out for an adventure. Elsewhere, Dario lay on his deathbed as nothing more than a pathetic man who had taken advantage of those around him. Years later, with his life clock ticking, Dario gives his son, Dio, a letter. This letter was to be delivered to George Joestar, and was, in turn, an opportunity for Dio to grow up and become rich. Dio arrives to the Joestar estate and is greeted by JoJo. From that moment on, JoJo's life would become a living hell. Dio had one goal in life, and that was to become rich - and make JoJo suffer along the way. Dio looked to take everything JoJo ever had - ever loved, including his childhood sweetheart, Erina, whom we also meet in the episode - and turn it against him. Needless to say, this isn't your ordinary sibling rivalry. The brother of light, and the brother of dark!

Characters:
I find JoJo very easy to root for, from the start. He has good intentions and wants to become a gentleman, doesn't get much more noble than that. Dio, on the other hand, is a total scumbag. Like a fusion between Liquid Snake and Ray Rice. And as far as Erina is concerned, I hope that she
learns to accept JoJo again, as what happened was neither his fault nor her's

Video:
Beautiful animation. Colorful. Lively. I like the title cards (or "action" text) popping up on screen - reminds me a bit of Kill la Kill in that regard.

Audio:
Awesome voice work. The music was great, too. I like how subtle it was, for the most part. (Rurouni Kenshin springs to mind.) During the tense moments, the score really took off - fit like a glove.

Overall:
Blown away. A lot of ground covered in a short period of time. Story progresses smoothly, action is top-notch. The scene in which
Dio elbows JoJo
, I felt the delivery of that blow. So excited about starting the series, and I look forward to starting on the next episode shortly! Thank you, JayEH, for the recommendation.

I was expecting Dio jokes in this post. LD you disappoint me.

Rean

So this review is based on a boxing anime?

my favorite is Hajime no Ippo.
Kuroko and Ippo are my favorites.

edit: JayEH
well so far the my favorite is part 2. I'm only watching the show so I don't know what happens completely. Some fighting games have spoiled me a bit though,

What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

Sometimes this thread is harder to make sense of than alphabet soup. Can't we talk about things I know a lot about? Like Digimon and how to make ramen taste fancy?

brau

I've been interested in ippo for a while. May give it a shot.

Do it. Seriously, its an amazing exp. I still try ot keep up with the manga, and i don't like to read manga. But all to follow Ippo some more.

Its funny, its exciting, and its very heart warming too. Amazing show.

I... I... I collected all of those chests. All of them. There were more than a hundred in the game. After I was done, I was unable to progress further. I killed my own enjoyment of the game. Now I still need to do the co-op stuff and a few random trophies.

I'm almost done with the chests, there are like 10 or so left. The coop stuff seems the be the more annoying part since there are collectibles within the missions.

Choomp

Banned
I am sorry to tell you that but this isn't the right place for you to saying weird things. This is strict Metal Gear related talk only. You should head over to The Order thread for the things you want.

Still seems like there's a lot of weird stuff going on by I'm still planning on not really posting here so you guys can actually try to have a discussion, I'll stay subscribed and lurk still, this community rules, but this should stay MGS talk.

Pinewood

Whats your favourite Metal Gear game?

Im going with a unpopular answer, but 4.

Let me explain:

I went through 1 and 2 before 4 using a guide(I had this period at some point) and reading way ahead when I wasn't playing, so I lost some of the charm. With 3, again, I knew what I was getting into. But I knew nothing about 4 when I played it in 2010. I somehow avoided all spoilers for it and went in completely blind.

MGS 5 when it launches

Icefire1424

I'm not the type to post in this thread often. I was subscribed to the old one, been there since it's birth. Much like Snake, I'm most comfortable in the shadows, not drawing attention to myself. Just watching. Waiting. But always present. For I know. One day, soon, there will be news. Something relevant. Tangible. Actionable. And when that day comes,
brothers!
I can say that the opportunity was not squandered. For among the mire that is this thread, there is treasure to be found for those who look for it. But at what cost. At what cost? Spend enough time wading through the filth, through this..swamp we call home, and you are bound to gather a few leeches. The more time in the mud, the more leeches one gathers. A few are harmless. But a few...a few here have been in the mud for too long. They're overcome. Humanity slipping away, one leech at a time. They've allowed themselves to become corrupted. They've allowed the fear to overtake them. The fear. The fear.

I implore you to rise from the mud. Clear yourselves of the corruption. Regain composure. Arise. This is no longer a fever dream. Awake from this coma. Arise. Spring from the ashes as a Phoenix reborn. You've been punished, weighed and judged. Served your sentence. Arise now. Focus on the mission. Always on the mission. A Patriot. Do what is right. What is just. No matter the cost. Arise. It all began with a bunch of old fools. Now they've all passed away, their era of folly is over. But now this. This is the liberty we've won for ourselves. Then, everything ends, and everything begins.

Still seems like there's a lot of weird stuff going on by I'm still planning on not really posting here so you guys can actually try to have a discussion, I'll stay subscribed and lurk still, this community rules, but this should stay MGS talk.

Yeah please do that.

So guys, who's your favorite Digimon?

MajorTom

I'm not the type to post in this thread often. I was subscribed to the old one, been there since it's birth. Much like Snake, I'm most comfortable in the shadows, not drawing attention to myself. Just watching. Waiting. But always present. For I know. One day, soon, there will be news. Something relevant. Tangible. Actionable. And when that day comes,
brothers!
I can say that the opportunity was not squandered. For among the mire that is this thread, there is treasure to be found for those who look for it. But at what cost. At what cost? Spend enough time wading through the filth, through this..swamp we call home, and you are bound to gather a few leeches. The more time in the mud, the more leeches one gathers. A few are harmless. But a few...a few here have been in the mud for too long. They're overcome. Humanity slipping away, one leech at a time. They've allowed themselves to become corrupted. They've allowed the fear to overtake them. The fear. The fear.

I implore you to rise from the mud. Clear yourselves of the corruption. Regain composure. Arise. This is no longer a fever dream. Awake from this coma. Arise. Spring from the ashes as a Phoenix reborn. You've been punished, weighed and judged. Served your sentence. Arise now. Focus on the mission. Always on the mission. A Patriot. Do what is right. What is just. No matter the cost. Arise. It all began with a bunch of old fools. Now they've all passed away, their era of folly is over. But now this. This is the liberty we've won for ourselves. Then, everything ends, and everything begins.
Beautiful :')
Although I have no idea what you're talking about :/

sexyelder

brothers!

K

JayEH

brothers!

Not sure what this is entirely about but it was moving.

2f0.gif

Digimon is fine by me. What's your favorite?

Omnimon_X_b.gif

It's like picking Goku, but it's really hard not to say Omnimon. They knocked that design out of the park.

latest

During my Shadow the Hedgehog/Anti-hero/angst fueled stage I loved Beelzemon. I still think he's pretty wicked, I like his personality too. He just wanted to be loved, damn it.

Edit: Oh dang. I posted a real answer... I am a fool. Okay, my favorite Digimon is:

300px-TacticalEspionageExpertDR3-EN-C-UE.jpg

This very real Yu-Gi-Oh card of Solid Snake.

Icefire1424

Beautiful :')
Although I have no idea what you're talking about :/

Everything and nothing. Just a comment on how batshit crazy this thread gets at times, yet despite it all, I keep checking back purely for the hope that some relevant Metal Gear news is breaking. Thus, "wading through the mire for treasure."

With a decent sprinkling of some random MG quotes and references for good measure. And above all, because I was damned bored and quite honestly got a bit carried away.

MajorTom

Everything and nothing. Just a comment on how batshit crazy this thread gets at times, yet despite it all, I keep checking back purely for the hope that some relevant Metal Gear news is breaking. Thus, "wading through the mire for treasure."

With a decent sprinkling of some random MG quotes and references for good measure. And above all, because I was damned bored and quite honestly got a bit carried away.

Haha well I hope you enjoy reading our batshit crazy posts :p welcome dude!

Lernaean

Banned
brothers!
I can say that the opportunity was not squandered.

Soon.

Also, what the fuck? You people are insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom