• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwy_61

Banned
It blows my mind's balls clean off as to why people are hankering for an mgs1 remake. Say what you want about it, but the twin snakes already took care of that. Throw in act 4 of gotp and that's the third time we've been to shadow moses. That's purty much how the Hollywood machine keeps propagating itself. The remake. Kojima said it himself: a tride and true creator is about forward not lateral movement. if you wanna retread old ground in that fashion as a creator, then you may as well grow a throat goiter and call yourself George Lucas.

If anything should be getting rehashed, at least, its the very first two titles, either in game/movie/Netflix series form. The modern story telling elements of voice acting/ cutscenes aren't an element in regards to the remakes. Ergo, no expectation. Cleaner foundation to work from.

I agree with all your points. I would like an animated series, personally.

Venom Fox

Banned
It blows my mind's balls clean off as to why people are hankering for an mgs1 remake. Say what you want about it, but the twin snakes already took care of that. Throw in act 4 of gotp and that's the third time we've been to shadow moses. That's purty much how the Hollywood machine keeps propagating itself. The remake. Kojima said it himself: a tride and true creator is about forward not lateral movement. if you wanna retread old ground in that fashion as a creator, then you may as well grow a throat goiter and call yourself George Lucas.

If anything should be getting rehashed, at least, its the very first two titles, either in game/movie/Netflix series form. The modern story telling elements of voice acting/ cutscenes aren't an element in regards to the remakes. Ergo, no expectation. Cleaner foundation to work from.
I personally wouldn't want a remake and personally I found The Twin Snakes a pile of trash. Sorry but I didn't like it.

Edit: mostly because I was about 5 years old when I first played MGS so it took all of the nostalgia factor away.

The original MGS was quirky in its own special way and I wouldn't want anyone to touch it at all.

I personally wouldn't want a remake and personally I found The Twin Snakes a pile of trash. Sorry but I didn't like it.
So your point was only that "Kojima will retcon things" because of a body double theory? :D That's what this seems like to me.

Rean

Metal gear X Evangelion
Big_Boss__Evangelion_style_by_DevilBoss.jpg

Venom Fox

Banned
"But I would have to go with MGS1. If it was going to be a remake, I wouldn’t want to make a standard remake, but something similar to what Planet of the Apes is doing: Bringing the best of the past to the present and doing something new."

It says nothing about changing the story. He's more than likely talking about past and present gameplay mechanics.

And I pretty sure the new Planet of the Apes wasn't a remake? Wasn't it a prequel?
The Rise of the planet of the apes is a reboot and would have been what kojima would have been speaking about considering he said this in 2015.

Why did you quote a post that wasn't even remotely related to what we were talking about?

I don't even know what your talking about here?

The reason you brought up the remake was because of all the talk of Gray Fox being a body double and how the remake would need to implement major retcons.

And why would that be exactly? Because Naomi is in the way of the theory?

Venom Fox

Banned
The reason you brought up the remake was because of all the talk of Gray Fox being a body double and how the remake would need to implement major retcons.

And why would that be exactly? Because Naomi is in the way of the theory?
I'm not even answering you anymore.
It's like you just won't give up no matter what I post, everything I post in return you equally post the same questions.

So what have people been doing with themselves since that thread was locked? Anyone been phoning up overweight moustached plumbers to find out about the next Mario game?

Houndi101

how many of you will stay off the internet the night before the release of MGS V to avoid spoilers

Usually it would need to be like 5 days or something, that's when the trickle usually starts right?
And I don't know, if I'm going for the PC release two weeks later it's gonna be a total pain.

how many of you will stay off the internet the night before the release of MGS V to avoid spoilers

I'm going to be off socials for a good couple weeks before. However, PAX Prime is going to be that weekend, so it will be a little difficult avoiding others, since I'll be attending. Plus side though is that i'll be taking off work that week!

Houndi101

But then again does anyone really feel that spoilers are that essential to MGS series? The thing is so full of twists and weird narrative that I feel like you cannot even spoil the whole thing with one sentence.

Houndi101

the guy who leaked the mad scientist phone number and the guy with the Bruce Willis avatar who called it are missing from that right?
or is that the joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom