• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

eoBiuDw.png

oWzSfRQ.png

Just bought George Orwell 1984 book, we know that Kojima-san love this book and took some inspiration from it and we know that MGSV is set during 1984.

"Since MGS3, I’ve been aiming to make a story set in this era (1984). Because it is also the titles of a novel by George Orwell, 1984, and in MGS5, I’ve added Orwellian themes. In addition, MGS3 is set in 1964, Peace Walker is set in 1974 and MGS5 is set in 1984, so the series has been progressing in implements of 10 years."

brau

No you're the filthy thief. He was always using this avatar on MGI.

Actually. thats not true.

he asked me to do his avatar using the dog photo. I told him i wanted to try something not Big Boss related and more Kaz. Thought that would make a fitting avatar to a changed and punished dawg.

At least that was my intention.

Your move.

Kazuhira

I wonder it they´ll let us control our own metal gear in MGO considering how big the maps are.
Imagine using ZEKE/REX/RAY while the other team is trying to take you down with RPGs/Stingers etc.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Actually. thats not true.

he asked me to do his avatar using the dog photo. I told him i wanted to try something not Big Boss related and more Kaz. Thought that would make a fitting avatar to a changed and punished dawg.

At least that was my intention.

Your move.

sit down, im talking about Batzi.

Dawg

No you're the filthy thief. He was always using this avatar on MGI.

I apologize.

I don't have time to visit every single metal gear forum and check these things because I prefer playing games instead of talking about them.

I was mostly joking too.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I apologize.

I don't have time to visit every single metal gear forum and check these things because I prefer playing games instead of talking about them.

I was mostly joking too.

You posted the two pics from the other Metal Gear forum.

crazypills.gif

Dawg

MGS-GAF has changed. It's no longer about a brotherhood, humor or healthy discussions. It's an endless series of conspiracies, fought by mad men and outcasts. MGS-GAF, and its consumption of negativity, has become a well-oiled machine. MGS-GAF has changed. Depressed posters make conspiracy discussions, use illuminati arguments. Hatred inside their bodies enhance and regulate their aggressive posts. Genetic control. Discussion control. Emotion control. Thread control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. MGS-GAF has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the people outside of the community thread. And he who controls the community thread, controls history. MGS-GAF has changed. When the thread is under total control, MGS-GAF... becomes routine.

brau

MGS-GAF has changed. It's no longer about a brotherhood, humor or healthy discussions. It's an endless series of conspiracies, fought by mad men and outcasts. MGS-GAF, and its consumption of negativity, has become a well-oiled machine. MGS-GAF has changed. Depressed posters make conspiracy discussions, use illuminati arguments. Hatred inside their bodies enhance and regulate their aggressive posts. Genetic control. Discussion control. Emotion control. Thread control. Everything is monitored, and kept under control. MGS-GAF has changed. The age of deterrence has become the age of control. All in the name of averting catastrophe from the people outside of the community thread. And he who controls the community thread, controls history. MGS-GAF has changed. When the thread is under total control, MGS-GAF... becomes routine.

hs3Zx18.png

:(

Rean

OT2...had a hard life.

brau

LOL. OT2 is like MGS4. It opened amazingly well. But the next few chapters where garbage. Maybe it'll get better before it closes.

I miss OT1.

Venom Fox

Banned
3A-Metal-Gear-REX-Half-Size-Edition-2.jpg

April 23rd 2015 at Bambaland
09:00 Hong Kong Time
USD $230
Price includes Free Worldwide Shipping!

The iconic METAL GEAR REX returns due to popular demand! This time in a half-size edition much friendlier for smaller spaces. REX retains the Light-Up system and incredible level of detail as its larger counterpart! The half-size edition features improved articulation including the ability to turn its head. Hatches on the knees and back-unit open and close – no removal necessary!

Lookbook coming soon!

Dimensions
Rail Gun Length – 11.59inches (29.45cm)
Resting Height – 8.35 inches (20.95cm)
Width – 7.35 inches (18.68cm)

METAL GEAR RAY half-sized edition coming in May!

Remember, pre-orders open on April 23rd (this Thursday) on 9:00 Hong Kong Time. That is 21:00 EST, 18:00 PST and 3:00 AM GMT

Wow I want it and free shipping...

Rajang

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=160789399#post160789399

e31.jpg

Full story by that reddit poster:

Here's the proof:

http://i57.************/fuay6w.jpg

EDIT: I've collected all the the points I've made so far here, for ease of reading.

I asked him about the whole Phantom Pain issue and he said he was going to sue Kojima and Konami.

He then said he was going to take the money he wins and put it towards the head transplant operation.

I asked Dr. Canavero why he was suing and he said that Kojima had not only infringed upon his likeness, but also his theories as well, because Phantom Pain clearly has links to head transplant surgery.

He told me that he had never played a video game in his life and had no idea who Hideo Kojima was.

Dr. Canavero also denied that he was meeting Valery Spiridonov next week, as Fox News claim in this story:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/...-first-head-transplant-seeking-funds-to-meet/

And that his next public appearance would be here:

http://aanos.org/meetings/next-meeting/

I asked Dr. Canavero about his repeated use of the phrase "Who Dares Wins", which he's used here:

http://aanos.org/chairmans-corner/

And here, the dedication of his book "Therapeutic Cortical Stimulation":

http://i58.************/35jc94o.jpg

He said that the SAS is a huge influence on him and that's where he got it from.

In terms of Metal Gear coincidences, Dr. Canavero saying that just makes me think of this:

http://youtu.be/wQQzas0i4pg?t=46s

He also refers to Franco and Serena again here:

http://tinyurl.com/lkr8x2x

When I asked him about these two names, he just said it was something he made up because his publisher wanted him to write a dedication, even though in "Therapeutic Cortical Stimulation" he clearly says they are his children.

Dr. Canavero also told me he went to medical school in Philadelphia, he practised martial-arts as a hobby and also demonstrated that he could speak about 8 different languages.

Although, strangely, when I asked him what the current time in Italy was, he didn't know, even though he was sat directly in front of a computer...

Dr. Canavero also said that a TV crew visited him today and filmed him pratcising martial-arts, so I guess we might see that in a couple of days.

He also said that he practised Jujitsu and Judo, with a little bit of Hapkido thrown in, but he'd never been to Japan and doesn't speak Japanese.

From my conversation with the Doctor, I'm convinced that he's not actually a doctor at all. I'm pretty sure he's just an actor employed by Kojima to make The Phantom Pain go viral.

So, in my opinion, we have nothing to worry when it comes to Canavero suing anyone...

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/33d8ae/i_talked_to_dr_canavero_on_skype_earlier/

Mr. RHC

tumblr_m94miyvG221qzqt8do1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom