• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

I missed the interview with Christopher Randolph, did anyone watch it? It will be up in YongYea's channel in a couple of hours anyway

How about we stop giving oxygen to this nonsense, from what I could see the biggest reddit thread was a link to the neogaf one.

What are people trying to get from this? You think they deliberately sought a lookalike actor who just happens to live in Japan and was hired and revealed long before this doctor even made the news? Or you think they hired the doctor AND the actor? I don't get it. And that's not even getting into what relevance head transplants have with MGS, which is none.

Just bought George Orwell 1984 book, we know that Kojima-san love this book and took some inspiration from it and we know that MGSV is set during 1984.

"Since MGS3, I’ve been aiming to make a story set in this era (1984). Because it is also the titles of a novel by George Orwell, 1984, and in MGS5, I’ve added Orwellian themes. In addition, MGS3 is set in 1964, Peace Walker is set in 1974 and MGS5 is set in 1984, so the series has been progressing in implements of 10 years."

Where was this from?

So since MGS3 he's been wanting to make a story set in 1984? Yet MGS3 and 4 were his last games? He's not very subtle about hiding his lies :D

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
And now to add another book to the library of hype-educed purchases that I will never read.

I know exactly what you're talking about. However, I did read City Of Glass by Paul Auster because it actually has a character named Peter Stillman in it and the overall plot feels oddly like MGS2. It's an amazing read and I highly recommend it.

Better than 1984, anyway.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2015-04-2123_18_05-mec4k58.png

big_boss_mgsv__phantom_pain_by_tricksypixel-d87ug47.jpg

Sn4ke_911

Sn4ke, every time I see how far away 1/1/2015 is I cry.
But seeing that artwork has made me happy!

Yeah man, I cri evrytiem.

But seriously if you're interested in The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and E3 it should go much faster then.

Venom Fox

Banned

But seriously if you're interested in The Witcher 3, Batman Arkham Knight and E3 it should go much faster then.
Yeah, when that clock hits 4 weeks left I won't be able to sleep at night, wondering what surprises Kojima has in store for us.

I pre ordered the Witcher 3 last month and it looks amazing so hopefully that should tide me over.
I played and completed Batman Arkham Asylum and City, I didn't bother with origins and Knight looks like it's shaping up to be an amazing game!

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, when that clock hits 4 weeks left I won't be able to sleep at night, wondering what surprises Kojima has in store for us.

I pre ordered the Witcher 3 last month and it looks amazing so hopefully that should tide me over.
I played and completed Batman Arkham Asylum and City, I didn't bother with origins and Knight looks like it's shaping up to be an amazing game!

Yup! and E3 with hopefully some great new announcements and a new MGSV trailer!

Also if nothing has changed we should get some MGO news this or next week.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. I just hope AK is better than AC which was a huge mess and was nowhere near as good as AA. It made me sad that it was delayed though, I was so looking forward to playing Witcher 3 and then having Batman right at the beginning of June. I have a feeling those two games will help the astronomically painful wait for MGSV:TPP, but in the end the wait is just going to be so hard either way.

On top of that now I am worrying whether or not my CE preorder will be in on Release day, I chose the option to have it shipped to the store for pick up. D: My ticket says estimated arrival 2-3rd even though the clerks reassured me multiple times that it would be there on release since I also paid for the fastest "release day" shipping. Luckily the manager was also present, but if I can't get it on release day I'll be super butthurt.

Actually, I liked Origins a lot and felt it was much better than AC minus the terrible boss battles.

Venom Fox

Banned
Yup! and E3 with hopefully some great new announcements and a new MGSV trailer!

Also if nothing has changed we should get some MGO news this or next week.
Do you still think we will get some news on MGO? I hope we will, Konami will want to forget what has happened so it makes sense.

Sn4ke_911

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Arkham Knight and Witcher 3. I just hope AK is better than AC which was a huge mess and was nowhere near as good as AA. It made me sad that it was delayed though, I was so looking forward to playing Witcher 3 and then having Batman right at the beginning of June. I have a feeling those two games will help the astronomically painful wait for MGSV:TPP, but in the end the wait is just going to be so hard either way.

On top of that now I am worrying whether or not my CE preorder will be in on Release day, I chose the option to have it shipped to the store for pick up. D: My ticket says estimated arrival 2-3rd even though the clerks reassured me multiple times that it would be there on release since I also paid for the fastest "release day" shipping. Luckily the manager was also present, but if I can't get it on release day I'll be super butthurt.

Actually, I liked Origins a lot and felt it was much better than AC minus the terrible boss battles.

Yeah Origins was a great Batman game. Troy Baker as The Joker was absolutely phenomenal.

Uh yeah that would suck, i need this game on release day and not one day later. I NEEDZ IT!

Do you still think we will get some news on MGO? I hope we will, Konami will want to forget what has happened so it makes sense.

I hope so.

tumblr_n2p3r3MWaS1syqv78o1_400.png

Venom Fox

Banned
I see :D Well, I can't remember how long it took me to figure it out. How did you figure it out? Did you finally realise that there was a prompt next to the mirror?
I'm sure at one point I left it paused and went away for a bit out of frustration lol.

Yeah I remember running around and seeing the prompt next to the mirror, I felt so dumb.

Kindekuma

Banned
How many of you escape by truck in GZ? Besides getting that one achievement, have you had a use for it in the other missions except those that require you to extract via chopper?

The whole bandana and scar thing standing for
not letting go of The Boss
would have been much better is some idiot hadn't of
LEFT THE BANDANA ON IN CHAPTER 5
!!! :D

walmart-dot-com-metal-gear-solid-the-phantom-pain-image-01.jpg

I like this screencap..its great that it shows Big Boss in leader and in command...hopefully he doesn't allow Kaz to boss him around in TPP

I love this shot so much, it really shows the beauty of the Fox Engine(Thanks Fox Engine. *Puts on Miller glasses*) and shows the sorrow and anger that everyone feels and like you said, it shows Big Boss being a leader. Although, that cutscene with Quiet does the same thing and you can get a feel that the rift between Kaz and Big Boss is already starting.

Yeah Origins was a great Batman game. Troy Baker as The Joker was absolutely phenomenal.

Uh yeah that would suck, i need this game on release day and not one day later. I NEEDZ IT!

I hope so.

tumblr_n2p3r3MWaS1syqv78o1_400.png

See I was hoping that they would ditch Conroy for Roger Craig Smith, he was a million times better. I think Conroy is bored of playing Batman now, he just doesn't have the same threat and grit of Roger Craig SmithBatman. I'm hoping I am wrong, and Conroy delivers a fantastic performance but I just don't see it happening.

Troy Baker is awesome, I love what he does and to be honest VA don't get enough credit, I love from that interview with YongYea that he tells people just take the Voice away from Actor and you have what he does. VA's these days are much more than just voice, as someone who aspires to be a VA someday you have to be able to channel the character and feel their emotions as if they were real and come up with an approximation of how that character would react and what they would sound like etc. in any given situation.

I can imitate voices incredibly well, but I have tons of ideas for all kinds of unique voices and characters that I've come up with myself and often times when I read books or novels I invent voices for the characters.

I too, pray that we hear more MGSV anything be it MGO or Single Player. Of course I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't want more Single Player stuff.

Kindekuma

Banned
Not the truck but i always use a jeep to extract The Eye and The Finger.

Last time I put The Eye and Finger in the jeep I had them on the Jeep by the mission start. Placed a bunch of C4 under the Jeep and let the vehicle fly out into the ocean while the bodies just slipped into the water. Kinda disappointing, I wanted the bodies to fly out into the ocean IN the Jeep in some fantastic show of explosions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom