• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Suspicious motherfuckers, all of you!

Who-are-you-Harry-Potter-GIF.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

He posted this in 2013, if Gosling is really in MGSV he wouldn't teased him here.

Gosling and Sasha Grey (NSFW) were probably planned to be in Silent Hills.

My gut says they asked Gosling first but he said no so the other choice was Reedus.

Pinewood

16 players is the max size, it doesn't matter if we get big maps, it's not battlefield.
I do hope we get some new game modes though fingers crossed, eh.

Im just saying that bigger maps might feel empty when they have less players. Then again a 1 life elimination on a big map sounds tense as fuck. KOJIPRO PLEASE!

Venom Fox

Banned
Im just saying that bigger maps might feel empty when they have less players. Then again a 1 life elimination on a big map sounds tense as fuck. KOJIPRO PLEASE!
Yep I'm with you there brother, MGO was already tense as fuck so I can't wait to start playing the new one.

I also really hope they announce a Beta at E3. They probably won't but like I always say, a guy can hope...

Houndi101

Kojima couldn't keep his hands off Gosling, he has such a mancrush on him
Mads Mikkelsen too.

Mads as Big Boss, Gosling as Solid movie when?!

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Can the doctor really sue? It's not Konami's fault the actor Kojima hired looks like him.

KorrZ

So how about some Metal Gear discussion?

What are everyone's favourite bosses in the series? My personal favourite boss is pretty cliche I guess but it has to be The End. I've just never played a boss fight with so many options in any game.

Overall though I think MGS1 still has the best line-up of unique bosses in total. The Pain and The Fear really drop down MGS3.

Houndi101

What are everyone's favourite bosses in the series? My personal favourite boss is pretty cliche I guess but it has to be The End. I've just never played a boss fight with so many options in any game.

Overall though I think MGS1 still has the best line-up of unique bosses in total. The Pain and The Fear really drop down MGS3.

1 has the best bosses for sure, or maybe its nostalgia talking
Favourite boss maybe even last fight of MGSIV, I was so ready to it to be a pain in the ass but it just felt fair yet challenging
Also god tier musics and atmosphere

Mexen

You Have No Power Here.
Psycho Mantis

brau

pft... mgsv is overrated.

Kazuhira

Can the doctor really sue? It's not Konami's fault the actor Kojima hired looks like him.

I think all MGS games(except for the first) have the "All persons fictitious" message.
Legally speaking,i don´t know how effective that disclaimer is but i don´t think the doc is gonna sue them.

Skullface

I think all MGS games(except for the first) have the "All persons fictitious" message.
Legally speaking,i don´t know how effective that disclaimer is but i don´t think the doc is gonna sue them.

If he has responsible attorneys, they'll explain how flimsy and loose his case is and advise that he not pursue legal action.

Edit: If he's a money grubbing ass, he'll pursue a lawsuit in hopes of a settlement. This happens so often with big companies because it's often cheaper to pay a settlement than it is the settle a dispute. It depends on the philosophy.

Reputation vs Bottom Line. Is it that important for Konami to prove that they didn't use his likeness? Will it show them as unscrupulous if it's up in the air about whether or not this doctors likeness was used in their game? They'll fight the case and likely win. Are they worried about this case being a lifeblood sucking mosquito? The'll settle.

Rean

MGS1: Liquid
MGS2: Solidus
MGS3: Boss
MGS4: Liquid Ocelot
PW: Boss Quick Time events

MGS1 - Psycho Mantis
MGS2 - Ray
MGS3 - The End
MGS4 - Screaming Mantis

strafer

MGS1 - No favorite
MGS2 - Solidus
MGS3 - The Boss
MGS4 - Ocelot

I was obsessed with Psycho Mantis as a kid. He blew my god damn mind. But it's also a pretty standard answer.

Also I hate The Fear. Until the updated camera that was impossible. I also kind of loathe B&B. And what they did to Psycho Mantis is MGS4.

Skullface

I was obsessed with Psycho Mantis as a kid. He blew my god damn mind. But it's also a pretty standard answer.

Also I hate The Fear. Until the updated camera that was impossible. I also kind of loathe B&B. And what they did to Psycho Mantis is MGS4.

I was always incredibly confused about Psycho Mantis in MGS4. Didn't he make peace with Snake in MGS? Why is he an angry ghost assisting Snake's new adversary?

KorrZ

I was always incredibly confused about Psycho Mantis in MGS4. Didn't he make peace with Snake in MGS? Why is he an angry ghost assisting Snake's new adversary?

That was completely off for me too. I thought his character moment in MGS1 where he stops and realizes that he could have used his abilities to help people and how good it felt was perfect. His inclusion in MGS4 was definitely just pure fan service because he's such an iconic character.

Yeah. And why is he used for the means of some lame jokes? Was he really controlling them the whole time? Make that cool, not frustrating. I felt like it spit in the face of the original vision. I know it's dramatic but I felt a little betrayed as someone who adored the series. And if you're going to explain everything away with nanomachiens why is THIS in the game.

Hopefully that is Mantis in V and they can redeem him.

MGS1 - Sniper Wolf
MGS2 - Solidus
MGS3 - The End
MGS4 - Liquid Ocelot
PO - Gene
PW - Gear Rex

Rajang

MGS1 had the best lineup of bosses for me.

MGS1: Psycho Mantis, Vulcan Raven
MGS2: Olga, Rays
MGS3: The End, The Boss
MGS4: Ray, Liquid Ocelot
MGSPW: Chrysallis, Zeke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom