• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinner

Banned
1. snakes revenge
2. the last of us
3. shenmue II
4. metal gear solid
5. hammercha gets killed by saibaman
6. sn4ke is not a true metal gear fan

brau

This is surprisingly accurate. I agree with this list entirely.

image.php

I think your avatar works as any avatar quote. no matter what is said.

MG: Big Boss
MG2: Big Boss
MGS: Gray Fox
MGS2: Rays (when you need to destroy so many Rays and after fight in cutscene Raiden is tired of battle with them and lowers Stinger. Same was with me, but only instead of Stinger was my gamepad. Ofc it depends on difficulty level)
MGS3: Volgin or Ocelot unit
PO: Gene
MGS4: Ray
PW: Peace Walker
TPP: Solid Snake

wilsonda

Wow this boss list has made me realize I really haven't enjoyed boss battles since mgs3 ... the only boss battle I disliked in mgs3 was the pain

Peace walkers bosses were okay but playing them solo meant you had to just grind and use supply markers all the time ...

Mgs4 bosses were okay but nothing really stands out... just felt no emotion or tension... their back stories were cool but delivered poorly and all basically the same

I am hoping tpp can bring some excellent boss battles with real tension and emotion to them

But it wasn't so bad! Maybe you don't know how to play? ;)

This is true, Shery is not good at games

Sadly... this is correct. He's been stuck at Father Giascome for like 3 weeks.

Hey!

To be fair, I was pretty Rambo in MGS games. And it's made me absolutely terrible at Ground Zeroes.. And I'm only attempted Father like 10 times! Eventually that fucker will go down.

I'm sorry we had to meet this way, Gapa. They aren't always this mean. I'm basically their best friend.

Edit: I originally said FFXV instead of Ground Zeroes because I am dumb.

KorrZ

Wow this boss list has made me realize I really haven't enjoyed boss battles since mgs3 ... the only boss battle I disliked in mgs3 was the pain

Peace walkers bosses were okay but playing them solo meant you had to just grind and use supply markers all the time ...

Mgs4 bosses were okay but nothing really stands out... just felt no emotion or tension... their back stories were cool but delivered poorly and all basically the same

I am hoping tpp can bring some excellent boss battles with real tension and emotion to them

Yeah...I've really got high expectations for the TPP bosses as well. 4 has some interesting boss fights in terms of the design (Laughing Octopus, Crying Wolf, Screaming Mantis) but it was more the characters themselves that were disappointing - there was no buildup to them and their back stories were totally flat.

Pinewood

I dont really remember much bosses from 1 and 2. Sniper was cool in theory, but the aiming was super slow on PS1. Mantis was also brilliant.

From 3, The Boss is my favourite, followed closely by The End. The Pain was the least interesting though.

From 4, the fight with Liquid was so good. I also really liked the Mantis fight. Raven was the least interesting I think.

PW has no good answer. They all sucked.

Venom Fox

Banned
Hey!

To be fair, I was pretty Rambo in MGS games. And it's made me absolutely terrible at Ground Zeroes.. And I'm only attempted Father like 10 times! Eventually that fucker will go down.

I'm sorry we had to meet this way, Gapa. They aren't always this mean. I'm basically their best friend.

Edit: I originally said FFXV instead of Ground Zeroes because I am dumb.
When you enter the graveyard there's a tree with grave stones next to it in on the immediate right.

I just positioned him so the gravestones were between me and him and spammed the fuck out of the heavy strikes, occasionally moving back so I didn't get hit.
When he turns I just ran like hell and struck only when necessary.

Cheap way but I'd tried around 14 times so I was fed up lol.

Good luck!

When you enter the graveyard there's a tree with grave stones next to it in on the immediate right.

I just positioned him so the gravestones were between me and him and spammed the fuck out of the heavy strikes, occasionally moving back so I didn't get hit.
When he turns I just ran like hell and struck only when necessary.

Cheap way but I'd tried around 14 times so I was fed up lol.

Good luck!

You, I like you. I'll try that after a few more genuine attempts. You should join chat.

Venom Fox

Banned
I dont really remember much bosses from 1 and 2. Sniper was cool in theory, but the aiming was super slow on PS1. Mantis was also brilliant.

From 3, The Boss is my favourite, followed closely by The End. The Pain was the least interesting though.

From 4, the fight with Liquid was so good. I also really liked the Mantis fight. Raven was the least interesting I think.

PW has no good answer. They all sucked.
The clunky aiming combined with the low draw distance made the sniper wolf Battle tense and exciting, we will never get experiences like that ever again.

One of the reasons I will never play a remake of it.

Rean

so what happened to the gaffer who found the doctor..is he in jail`?
Probably not.

Not even Liquid Ocelot, huh?

wilsonda

Probably not.

Not even Ocelot, huh?

The ocelot fight was good at the time but a bit less tense than expected for the last boss fight... most of the bosses in mgs4 were carbon copies of earlier mgs bosses and his fight is quite literally just a Mashup of previous ocelot fight...

I loved mgs4 when I played it, but after many years I hate all the unoriginal fan callbacks... you can really see Kojima getting tired of the series at.that point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom