• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

^^
oWzSfRQ.png

Skullface

I have a confession to make. I voted 3-4 times in the OT poll by changing my IP address. I couldn't bear to see any other title other than the one we currently have.

brau

Has anyone else in here played Evolve? I was playing yesterday (and the day before) and it feels so lifeless to me. Like, Chasing Down a Big Bad Wolf Simulator 2015.

Cipher Cat started the poll, so thanks to him for doing that!

i have not... it doesn't seem to be the L4D replacement i was looking for.

Is it good?

最近は「(ネイキッド)スネーク」を「ボスゥ!」と呼ぶひとが増えたような。

Google translate:
Recently, as more and more people called "Bosu~u!" And "(naked) Snake".

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Google translate:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

qf99arc9.png

i have not... it doesn't seem to be the L4D replacement i was looking for.

Is it good?

I don't think it is good, no, but that doesn't necessarily mean you won't. I was expecting something on a similar level to L4D, but I just haven't found it to be fun at all - playing with friends, and everyone is just dead silent because there isn't shit going on except for us just looking for some big thing.

Dawgu played it :smugjima:

Haha! Aye, that he did.

evolve is yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yeah, agreed. (At least so far.) I was dozing off while playing in both instances.

:lol :lol :lol

brau

I don't think it is good, no, but that doesn't necessarily mean you won't. I was expecting something on a similar level to L4D, but I just haven't found it to be fun at all - playing with friends, and everyone is just dead silent because there isn't shit going on except for us just looking for some big thing.

Haha! Aye, that he did.

Yeah, agreed. (At least so far.) I was dozing off while playing in both instances.

:lol :lol :lol

This is what i am talking about... i wanted Evolve to replace my L4D and L4D2 itch... it doesn't seem that it will do. I will have to wait for another game to do what L4D did.

This is what i am talking about... i wanted Evolve to replace my L4D and L4D2 itch... it doesn't seem that it will do. I will have to wait for another game to do what L4D did.

Dying Light may interest you. That game is a lot more "like it or don't," but my friends have been telling me a lot of really good things about it (and prefer it to Evolve by a landslide). I'm giving it a shot later, so I will let you know how that turns out!

brau

Dying Light may interest you. That game is a lot more "like it or don't," but my friends have been telling me a lot of really good things about it (and prefer it to Evolve by a landslide). I'm giving it a shot later, so I will let you know how that turns out!

I am really enjoying Dying Light. Was very happy and impressed with the end result. Nothing like Dead Island, which i despised. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics, it feels a lot more natural to parkour in that game than in Mirrors Edge. Having you look at where you want to grab makes it a lot smoother, and also, less headaches. Very happy with the game.

I want to see what you think of it now.

I guess you are not turning me into a Major Ocelot right? Right? RIGHT!?
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
It was actually a serious request.
I became so greedy. Seriously you should've never done that Gray Fox cat so good! Damn you!!! ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I am really enjoying Dying Light. Was very happy and impressed with the end result. Nothing like Dead Island, which i despised. I like the flow of the game and the mechanics, it feels a lot more natural to parkour in that game than in Mirrors Edge. Having you look at where you want to grab makes it a lot smoother, and also, less headaches. Very happy with the game.

Really?! That's awesome!! Oddly enough, I hated Dead Island as well. So, now I'm much more intrigued about giving it a go!

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Skullface

Am I evil for disliking parkour? I just have bad memories of every asshole with soaps thinking they were into parkour.

brau

I guess you are not turning me into a Major Ocelot right? Right? RIGHT!?
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
It was actually a serious request.
I became so greedy. Seriously you should've never done that Gray Fox cat so good! Damn you!!! ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

I know it was. haha I'll get to it.. .just maybe not today. i gotta run some errands in a bit, and its lazy friday. Maybe on monday.

Really?! That's awesome!! Oddly enough, I hated Dead Island as well. So, now I'm much more intrigued about giving it a go!

I think the devs really had fun making this game. The only thing i wish the game had, was more zombies on screen, and maybe make the game look a little nicer. Its not a very good looking game.

Am I evil for disliking parkour? I just have bad memories of every asshole with soaps thinking they were into parkour.

I think parkour is fun.. in games it can be interesting. But i don't think i would be good at it haha.

IT'S BEEN TOO LONG, BROTHAS

oWzSfRQ.png

brau

OH! LD.... if you are playing this on console... make sure you tone down the sensitivity of the right stick. Its waaaaaaaaaaay too high. And this is strange, because i am always changing the default value from 5 to 7 by default as i start a game. But this on ei had to put on a 4 i think.

It has a learning curve to get used ot it.. but its not that big of a deal.

Akiller

Google translate:

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

I still hear Kojima calling him "Snake", it's so wrong, he's not Snaku anylonger,he's Bigg Bosu~u

OK, guys, about to start up The Order 1886!

10985015_392530617591569_9148092397124972430_o.jpg

(From my Facebook because I'm too lazy to put screens on a USB for now!)

image.php

(RIP, Cream.)

OH! LD.... if you are playing this on console... make sure you tone down the sensitivity of the right stick. Its waaaaaaaaaaay too high. And this is strange, because i am always changing the default value from 5 to 7 by default as i start a game. But this on ei had to put on a 4 i think.

It has a learning curve to get used ot it.. but its not that big of a deal.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! Will keep that in mind!

I still hear Kojima calling him "Snake", it's so wrong, he's not Snaku anylonger,he's Bigg Bosu~u

Hai!

Call me Snake. Nah call me Big Boss. Call me fuckboy.

Skullface

Anyone ever been to Augusta, Georgia? Holy hell, the more I explore this city the more of a hellhole I realize it is. It's like every episode of Cops you've ever seen. I'll also point out that every place I've ever been with palm trees also happens to be trash as all hell.

Edit: Bermuda is OK and has palm trees, but it's still the trashiest of tropical paradises.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
OK, guys, about to start up The Order 1886!

10985015_392530617591569_9148092397124972430_o.jpg

(From my Facebook because I'm too lazy to put screens on a USB for now!)

image.php

(RIP, Cream.)

Ah, thanks for the heads up! Will keep that in mind!

Hai!

Call me Snake. Nah call me Big Boss. Call me fuckboy.

Yeah about that ending....

oWzSfRQ.png

So my new theory about MGS5 is that the entire game takes place inside the chopper as BB is about to go to his final mission and we play through BB's imagination/memory of what he went through thus far finally bringing us to BB reaching his destination which is the final mission. That's why most pics thus far have only been in the chopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom