• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my new theory about MGS5 is that the entire game takes place inside the chopper as BB is about to go to his final mission and we play through BB's imagination/memory of what he went through thus far finally bringing us to BB reaching his destination which is the final mission. That's why most pics thus far have only been in the chopper.
If the main menu in TPP is also a chopper interior...

Akiller

Editor-in-chief just asked me if I was interested to go to a Witcher 3 press event in march.

I was like: bro, you already know the answer to that.

oWzSfRQ.png

Dawg living the dream.

Dawg

I have a confession to make. I voted 3-4 times in the OT poll by changing my IP address. I couldn't bear to see any other title other than the one we currently have.

The world calls for insanity, and we answer... No greater good... No just cause.

While I definitely feel fortunate for my editor position, other aspects of my life are not so great. In fact, I have loads of issues to deal with on a personal level. Trust me, you're not jealous of me at all.

That reminded me.. of this.

Just drop it though, doesn't seem like you want this.

brau

No, will get it close to summer. Right now i can't dedicate the time needed for MonHun.

I already have a big 3DS (and DS) library, and a small backlog, but the first game i'll play on the New, is gonna be LoZ: MM3D which is already in the way in a nice LE.

I see...

thats the only reason i am getting a new 3DS.... i really don't want one.. but MH4 forced my hand.

ALSO! LOL at that smugface... loving it.

While I definitely feel fortunate for my editor position, other aspects of my life are not so great. In fact, I have loads of issues to deal with on a personal level. Trust me, you're not jealous of me at all.

Did you attend school for the job or stumble into the position through less traditional means?

I do... but I keep forgetting. Would you believe an innocent doge like myself? It's quite a long story. I really want to share it, but it's not easy to write it down; Cipher Cat~

I am just saying I might leave this here in about 1-2 months. So you have that much time if you like. I'll tell you guys though, 1 week before I am leaving.

Akiller

I'm dealing with some difficulties too.Anyway, you have us on Your side now.

Dawg

Did you attend school for the job or stumble into the position through less traditional means?

I was a very active poster at a large Belgian gaming community. I was about as active on there as I am now on NeoGAF. But then... shit happened. The forum was part of a gaming website that did reviews etc and news broke out they weren't happy with a reviewer giving FEAR 2 a low score because they had a good PR deal going on. Someone leaked the emails in which senior management was calling the reviewer out.

As you can expect, this caused a lot of drama. The site didn't close or anything, but ever since, people were skeptical of the reviews and other articles on the website.

A few years later, all the experienced writers finally had enough. They didn't want to continue working for the site because there were too many personal conflicts. They all left together and made a new website. One of the senior editors who I was looking up to, became the founder of said website.

Now, I was an innocent doge back then. Didn't know much about this industry. The main site lost lots of talent so they were hiring a lot of freelance talent to help them out. I applied and got in. It was awful. Atmosphere was real bad because the few remaining veterans were kinda elitish towards myself and other newbie editors. I wrote a few articles and a review about Final Fantasy XIV (back when it was shit) and even then did they adjust my score a little. I gave it 45 and they changed it into 55 or something.

I really didn't like working there. I was a newbie and people barely helped me out. I didn't learn anything. The longer I worked there, the more I wanted to quit. And then it happened. I started to chat with the ex-editor who left and made a new website. Told him I wanted to get in this industry because I looked up to him, but when I finally had a chance to write articles for the website I browsed daily, he left with the others and made his own website. We talked a lot and eventually, the offer came. I didn't accept it right away (his new site was a small project and didn't really have a large community.), but in the end, I did.

This all happened about 4 years ago. It's gonna be five years since I joined this website this december. I still can't believe how much this site has grown. I've told you guys before: we organized a gaming convention late last year. Thousands of people were there. To think all of that began with a little website that had only a tiny bit of activity... pretty crazy. I worked myself up through the years and I can probably see myself as a veteran editor at this point. I'm part of the core team and that pleases me.

Rajang

It seems I can get the physical copy of Metal Gear Solid Special Missions (PS1, PAL) for only 10 euro's. You guys think thats a good deal?

I am just saying I might leave this here in about 1-2 months. So you have that much time if you like. I'll tell you guys though, 1 week before I am leaving.

What do you mean? You're leaving us? Why?

@JunkerHQNet:
From what Kojima said today, you can take a shower in MGSV to wash blood off of you.

OMFG THIS GAME

lol wtf.

Those crazy Kojima details.

Batzi

Banned
Did you guys notice that the rotor blades of the chopper are slowing down the player's movement due to the wind they're producing? Something GZ had in the first demo shown and was lacking in the final version of the game. Glad to see it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom