• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinking of Big Boss shower scene
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif

iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif

iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif

iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif
iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif

THIS FUCKING GAME KEEPS ON GIVING, HOLY SHIT!

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 DUDE. There is just gonna be so much detail and little shit that I just cannot WAIT to see. Like, wow. And the level of interaction between player and environment on top of that? Lawdamercy

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 DUDE. There is just gonna be so much detail and little shit that I just cannot WAIT to see. Like, wow. And the level of interaction between player and environment on top of that? Lawdamercy

THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry1iku9o.gif

Dawg

If I had a terminal disease right now and someone would ask me "So... what's the thing you wish you could experience if you lived longer?"

I'd say Metal Gear Solid V.

Your enthusiasm gets me hyped for this game even more.

BROTHERRRRRRRRRRRR! THIS IS THE HYPE TRAIN WE HAVE DRIVEN FOR OURSELVES!

If I had a terminal disease right now and someone would ask me "So... what's the thing you wish you could experience if you lived longer?"

DUDE, HOLY SHIT. I just thought about this the other day and came to the EXACT SAME conclusion. (Didn't take much thought, though, like, none. :-D)

Rajang

THIS WILL BE THE BEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!!!

tumblr_mgqp1gkmst1ry1iku9o.gif

GAME OF THE FOREVER.

There's just sooo much good stuff in this game.

MGSV is going to crush every game in 2015. I will go mental if this doesn't become GOTY. It's shaping up to be one of the best Metal Gear games ever made. Kojima's finest game.

Then we could use your story to get Kojima to release it faster.

Am I a selfish person for wanting to use your terminal disease for my benefit?

The real question is, can we finally take a shit and if doing so will that relieve BB's stress level? I mean every game in the series had shitting in one way or another.

Lernaean

Banned
@JunkerHQNet:
From what Kojima said today, you can take a shower in MGSV to wash blood off of you.

OMFG THIS GAME

That's way too cool.

Can i take one with Quiet?

Hopefully. Then it will be patched because the western Mujahideen will pick up their pitchforks and damn the game to hell for depicting humans taking showers together.

I have thought about it in the past, quite a few times actually.
My previous precious game was Bayonetta 2 and the current is MGSV. I gotta play it before i die.

Then we could use your story to get Kojima to release it faster.

Am I a selfish person for wanting to use your terminal disease for my benefit?

I'd sign the petition.

JayEH

Hopefully. Then it will be patched because the western Mujahideen will pick up their pitchforks and damn the game to hell for depicting humans taking showers together.

Nah it will just be Polygon.

Next thing they'll announce is that you'll be able to give DD a bath or something.

My brother bathes my dog so I'll let him do that in the game too.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Back from the gym. Came up with a good solution. So if it don't. ' Wait '

B-SpqQwCIAEt8VZ.jpg:large

Now the question is, did Kojima went to the gym or Big Boss? :O

Rajang

Turn on english subtitles!

"Snake & Kaz (Sauna)"

LOL yeah this is great. OHN played it on their stream a couple of times.

Have you guys also listened to the Japan exclusive "First Encounter" tapes in GZ? Those tapes were made for a radio show that made it into the Japanese version of GZ. It's a tape that explains how Miller and Big Boss first met on the battlefield. It's one of the reasons I also want the Japanese version of GZ for PS4 (whenever I get one). I think you can also listen to it on the PC version if you switch to Japanese.

Here it is:

Big Boss and Kazuhira - First Encounter

There is so much goodness in these tapes. The Peace Walker sounds and music. Big Boss yelling C-Q-C, BB going into survival menu MGS3 style, BB and Kaz doing eating competition etc etc.

JayEH

They could implement a system like San Andreas where Big Boss gets fat if you don't work him out. Punished Snake takes on a whole new meaning.

Back from the gym. Came up with a good solution. So if it don't. ' Wait '

Now the question is, did Kojima went to the gym or Big Boss? :O

Definitely Kojima.

" What are off hours like for you?

Whenever I have time I watch movies, whether that’s at the theater or at home on DVD or Blu-ray. Other than that I try to read a lot of books, too. I also try to go to the gym as much as possible, and I also try to dedicate a lot of time to play with my kids. "

Based off the top one, I'm thinking it's not a snowy sky in the bottom picture, but instead just overcast :(

I want there to be snow so bad though. I'm sure Kojima wants to show off everything the Fox Engine can do, including all the crazy weather effects, so I'm thinking it's still in the game somewhere

Definitely Kojima.

" What are off hours like for you?

Whenever I have time I watch movies, whether that’s at the theater or at home on DVD or Blu-ray. Other than that I try to read a lot of books, too. I also try to go to the gym as much as possible, and I also try to dedicate a lot of time to play with my kids. "
I've always wondered this. Do we even know what Kojima's wife/kids look like? He seems to be pretty private about his personal life, understandably so.

JayEH

I've always wondered this. Do we even know what Kojima's wife/kids look like? He seems to be pretty private about his personal life, understandably so.

Don't believe so, he's talked about them in some interviews before. Must be quite the dad/husband.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
After all these years, I have finally found a glitch in mgs2 that's not the door glitch. Will try to post a video or gif.

Pretty much the best interview with the man himself. A fantastic read.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain takes place in 1984. What were you doing that year?

I was probably around 20 years old. I was in college back then, in my second semester I believe. I think that&#8217;s when I started playing the Famicom. I was at rock bottom in my life. It was a bad time. The thing is, I originally wanted to make movies and I wasn&#8217;t in an environment that I was able to do that, so I had kind of given up hope. I was going to regular college. I had a lot of mixed feelings inside me.

I think that year I was playing Urban Champion. I&#8217;m not sure if it was that exact year but it was around that time. I didn&#8217;t have too much contact with arcade centers at the place I was living. All there was were a couple arcade cabinets at the tops of shopping malls, but not too much. During this span of time, about 1982 to 1984, I eventually started going to more arcade centers. Before that I hadn&#8217;t had too much contact with video games. So I started going to the arcades more, and the whole reason that the Famicom came out is that all these games you were playing at the arcades were supposed to be able to play at home. It was around that time I believe I bought my Famicom and I started playing. Around those years I started going to arcades around the same time I was playing Famicom at home. I didn&#8217;t have a PC, but I did go to a friend&#8217;s place to play PC games.

----

By the time The Phantom Pain takes place, the Patriots are fully formed. Will you be revealing any of the Patriots&#8217; formation via flashbacks?

I guess the only thing that I can say is that there&#8217;s Skull Face, there&#8217;s Major Zero &#8211; the relationship between them will be portrayed. That&#8217;s as far right now as I can say without spoiling.

----

Is there a chance that The Phantom Pain might finally close the gap between the stories of Solid Snake and Big Boss?

Like I said, you will put things together. Please don&#8217;t look me in the eyes because I&#8217;m so tempted to tell you and I shouldn&#8217;t. What I should say is that there is a specific way for the games to put things together.

leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom