• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rean

tbh can there be a release date for a game that doesn't exist

is such a thing even possible
even_possible_aliens.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
No way! :':)'(

I'm sure there will be some very tragic moments in this game like what the heck has Big Boss done here? I mean I'm pretty sure that on his face is not ketchup lol.

How do you get so much blood on your face? jeez.... this will be insane.

tumblr_n6waykx7351tc5p4u4o.gif

WTF HAVE YOU DONE BOSS?

Azax

I'm sure there will be some very tragic moments in this game like what the heck has Big Boss done here? I mean I'm pretty sure that on his face is not ketchup lol.

WTF HAVE YOU DONE BOSS?

My body is ready for sure. I will probably love/hate Big Boss. Altough it will probably lean more to hate.

MajorTom

I'm really interested to see what changes big boss. He starts out as a hero, maybe he isn't that bad of a guy. Perhaps he does bad things for good reasons.

WTF HAVE YOU DONE BOSS?

This will be some fucking scene. It will be crazy. Can't wait.

JayEH

I'm really interested to see what changes big boss. He starts out as a hero, maybe he isn't that bad of a guy. Perhaps he does bad things for good reasons.

Just think Walter White, which I think is the comparison Kojima has been using. You can understand his reasons initially but then he goes full on villain in the end.

Guys question, my friend bought a ps4 and we were wondering if I could be the primary account and he can be the sub account, that way we can buy games and split half and half is it possible? Note he's on a different IP.

MajorTom

Just think Walter White, which I think is the comparison Kojima has been using. You can understand his reasons initially but then he goes full on villain in the end.
So do you think we will be supposed to feel sorry for him? At least at first.

JayEH

Guys question, my friend bought a ps4 and we were wondering if I could be the primary account and he can be the sub account, that way we can buy games and split half and half is it possible? Note he's on a different IP.

so you buy games on your PS4, then he signs into your account on his PS4 and downloads your games?

So do you think we will be supposed to feel sorry for him? At least at first.

Yeah. Once he starts doing things like getting child soldiers it's hard to find justifications to root for him.

MajorTom

I think it works like this:
If you have his ps4 set as your primary console (on your psn account) then he can play the games that you own digitally. You can still play said games on your personal ps4 but you would have to be online. He does not need to be signed into your psn account on his ps4 to play your games. I don't think you could play the same game at the same time though.
I have beer tried it so I'm not entirely sure if I'm right.

JayEH

What if Big boss isn't in charge...? Maybe someone else is calling the shots. Skull face maybe?

then that would defeat the purpose of the game. This should be the game where Big Boss makes his own decisions.

and for the child soldiers its clearly him and Kaz in the trailer.

Batzi

Banned

WTF HAVE YOU DONE BOSS?

The beginning of the E3 2014 trailer shows him walking with blood covered all over him among burned corpses. I think it's a massacre that was ordered by Big Boss himself. That's why you see him screaming at the end.

sexyelder

Its kinda weird how Big Boss is doing the SAME EXACT THING Gene wanted to do in PO, and Big Boss was completely against it, and what he's doing is slightly worse than Army's Heaven.

So, Kaz being the kind of driving force behind the PMC business, I'm very interested in seeing the point where BB and Kaz have a falling out. in MG2 when you're battling Big Boss he calls him "a monster." Is it real? I heard someone suggest a few days ago that maybe BB is framed like The Boss? Maybe Kaz is in on that deception? Maybe BB knew that he could no longer stop what had been set into motion and that only Solid Snake could, so he had to make him a hero?

I dunno! I'm just so interested in seeing the descent and how Kaz (who isn't exactly a hero) could grow to view BB as the true villain.

I don't think Big Boss is that evil like some of you guys might think. It's more the others who are batshit insane. Like Kaz for example. I think he betrays Big Boss.

JayEH

So, Kaz being the kind of driving force behind the PMC business, I'm very interested in seeing the point where BB and Kaz have a falling out. in MG1 when you're battling Big Boss he calls him "a monster." Is it real? I heard someone suggest a few days ago that maybe BB is framed like The Boss? Maybe Kaz is in on that deception? Maybe BB knew that he could no longer stop what had been set into motion and that only Solid Snake could, so he had to make him a hero?

I dunno! I'm just so interested in seeing the descent and how Kaz (who isn't exactly a hero) could grow to view BB as the true villain.

From what people tell me, the "monster' quote is taken out of context and that he's referring to his battle skills?

If Big Boss does not end up a villain in this game and it is something like he is framed, I will be severely disappointed. It would be more upsetting than a VR ending. Kojima can't build this game up (and this character up) for years and chicken out.

I don't think Big Boss is that evil like some of you guys might think. It's more the others who are batshit insane. Like Kaz for example. I think he betrays Big Boss.

Child soldiers is very villainous.

From what people tell me, the "monster' quote is taken out of context and that he's referring to his battle skills?

If Big Boss does not end up a villain in this game and it is something like he is framed, I will be severely disappointed. It would be more upsetting than a VR ending. Kojima can't build this game up (and this character up) for years and chicken out.

You don't know if Big Boss was ever really "evil". I put evil in quotation marks, because I don't believe in things like good and evil. It's like Darth Vader for example, the only thing what he wanted is to save Padme. In order to do that he fell for the imperators lies. Did that make him evil? No, just stupid.

But the rebels hate Darth Vader. They call him evil. It's the same shit all over again. Just because everyone says someone is evil, doesn't make him evil at all.

Child soldiers is very villainous.

Again, you don't know the full story yet. Maybe those children wanted it from their own. Or it might even be Kaz, who wanted it that way.

Idk. It'd fit the theme. But it would cheapen how dynamic a character could be. Seems like every hero has his downfall. The Boss is now a villain, BB is now a villain, and Solid Snake is publicly considered a villain. Maybe they all became monsters for the greater good.

Though I'm not saying I prefer that. Just an interesting spin on it! It would mess up BB's monologue at the end of MGS4...

MajorTom

You don't know if Big Boss was ever really "evil". I put evil in quotation marks, because I don't believe in things like good and evil. It's like Darth Vader for example, the only thing what he wanted is to save Padme. In order to do that he fell for the imperators lies. Did that make him evil? No, just stupid.

But the rebels hate Darth Vader. They call him evil. It's the same shit all over again. Just because everyone says someone is evil, doesn't make him evil at all.
Like what I said earlier. Bad things for good reasons.

JayEH

Having good intentions doesn't make an evil thing you did not evil. Darth Vader slaughtered children to "save Padame". He's evil.

Having good intentions doesn't make an evil thing you did not evil. Darth Vader slaughtered children to "save Padame". He's evil.

Because of stupid orders. He wanted to save Padme, to kill those children was the first order he got after completely fallen for the dark lord. He thought that the dark lord could teach him the things afterwards.

sexyelder

This is out of the blue but, I think Skullface is Gene. Gene is Big Boss' s equal and Genes code name is Viper.. Viper has come to.. Gene was also with Fox and betrayed Zero and led his own Fox unit just like Skullface. Gene may have survived the end of PO and maybe Zero "punished" him for his betrayal and then allowed him back into Fox thinking he was broken and would not defect again.

JayEH

This is out of the blue but, I think Skullface is Gene. Gene is Big Boss' s equal and Genes code name is Viper.. Viper has come to.. Gene was also with Fox and betrayed Zero and led his own Fox unit just like Skullface. Gene may have survived the end of PO and maybe Zero "punished" him for his betrayal and then allowed him back into Fox thinking he was broken and would not defect again.

But Skullface has been deformed since childhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom