• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
hereistoyuoprud7.jpg

You know why cats are superior than dogs?

But Skullface has been deformed since childhood.

Maybe Gene was just reaaaaaally good at convincing people he wasn't deformed.

"Dude, what's somethings wrong with your face..."

"NUH UH!'

"I mean, like. No hair, no face, no nothin'"

"No I'M HANDSOME REALLY REALLY HANDSOME"

"Oh, wow. I never noticed. You're gorgeous.

Because of stupid orders. He wanted to save Padme, to kill those children was the first order he got after completely fallen for the dark lord. He thought that the dark lord could teach him the things afterwards.

That's like saying extremist groups aren't evil when they perform atrocities in the name of their god or cause they believe in because they were misguided. I don't think it's pure, unadulterated evil... but it's certainly evil to kill dozens, or hundreds, or more.

From what people tell me, the "monster' quote is taken out of context and that he's referring to his battle skills?
The quote is "Snake, that guy is a monster. You can't beat him with just your fists. Use your head! Isn't there something you can use as a weapon?"

I would say that, in the context of MG2 at the time it was just "videogame boss advice". He is calling him a monster not to hint at some kind of history that wasn't established until Peace Walker but in terms of telling Snake (the player) they are up against an unstoppable force and will have to get creative to defeat him.

Of course, that doesn't exclude the possibility that Kojima picked Miller later on as Big Boss's partner in PW specifically because he remembered him as the character that gave Solid Snake the advice that lead to Big Boss's defeat in Zanzibar if you used the codec. But it's just as easily a line that could be shrugged off because of the time and context of the game.

SJRB

Gold Member
Just a reminder that it has been a month since the "release date should be announced PRETTY SOON" claims were made.

"Only a little bit longer", Kojima said.

A month ago.

NV5yX5b.gif

No.

I only know things that are true.

Dogs are slaves to the humans kept on a leash. You get orders and follow them by wiggling your furry tail. And woofing about it.

Cats come and go, and don't give a shit about orders nor do we kept on leashs.

Also, cats are sacred. I just saw a wikipedia article

This stood out for me:
"Praised for controlling vermin and its ability to kill snakes such as cobras, the domesticated cat became a symbol of grace and poise."

sexyelder

But Skullface has been deformed since childhood.

Well he could've been lying, or maybe Zero did it to him and filled his mind with false memories so he wouldn't betray him again. Maybe thats why he hates Zero so much, for doing that to him.

Edit: Like suppressing memories and replacing them. That is a real method which is induced by extreme torture, such extreme torture could result in having a "Skullface" also TPP heavily focuses on torture.

That's like saying extremist groups aren't evil when they perform atrocities in the name of their god or cause they believe in because they were misguided. I don't think it's pure, unadulterated evil... but it's certainly evil to kill dozens, or hundreds, or more.

Don't read this if you are religious because, I don't want a flame discussion about my opinion in here:

You know, I actually think religions are evil.

Religion and money are the main reasons for war. Don't get me wrong. People should believe in what they want, I don't care. But religion shouldn't exist. But then again, I don't think the people who kill others are evil in the name of something. Because it isn't evil, it's just utter bullshit. And they don't use their brains. There's no such thing as good and evil.
Communities, people who gather together for one reason, find a way to hate something, which they never wanted in the first place, but things always get out of hands.

JayEH

Dogs are slaves to the humans kept on a leash. You get orders and follow them by wiggling your furry tail. And woofing about it.

Cats come and go, and don't give a shit about orders nor do we kept on leashs.

Also, cats are sacred. I just saw a wikipedia article

This stood out for me:
"Praised for controlling vermin and its ability to kill snakes such as cobras, the domesticated cat became a symbol of grace and poise."

X8ghquv.jpg

Don't read this if you are religious because, I don't want a flame discussion about my opinion in here:

Religion and money are the main reasons for war. Don't get me wrong. People should believe in what they want, I don't care. But religion shouldn't exist. But then again, I don't think the people who kill others are evil in the name of something. Because it isn't evil, it's just utter bullshit. And they don't use their brains. There's no such thing as good and evil.
Communities, people who gather together for one reason, find a way to hate something, which they never wanted in the first place, but things always get out of hands.

In theory it's less that the religion is what is evil, but often the men who use it to manipulate others to their will. Which, in turn, kind of sounds like Man is what is evil. And if you are an atheist and anti religion then that's assuming man created religion... which still kind of sounds like Man is evil.

But also I included Causes and not just Gods. Like nuclear deterrents, does the potential product of peace make the threat of massive obliteration any less evil? I mean, the intentions were good. Like Anakin's killing the younglings.

PRETTY SOON lol at this pace Konami will anounce the anouncement of the release date at E3.

Konami will announce a MGSV release date during
the Silent Hills post-credits sequence in which Norman Reedus kills Andrew Lincoln

If we take the quote literally they even said "release window" and not date lol.

I think it'll be a date, though! I mean. I donno, just don't think it'd be right to make us wait, hype it up and then not even give us a date.

Based on the list in the thread, konami will not be at PAX East :(

Yeah. :-/ Honestly, I don't know when we should expect one, so all I can suggest is that we just quit expecting one. Whether it be a video he records on his cell phone from his backyard saying "June 22!" or a GDC stage presentation - whatever. But trying to guess when and where is just exhausting and has led us nowhere thus far. ;_;

Fucking A. All hope lost.

Yup. May 5th they'll announce that the game is coming: Never. (I say this because they specifically said that we'd get new info before May, and they want to be fashionably late. Maybe that's just MGO, though. :lol)

Skullface

I'm not religious, but I have a big problem with what you said. Religion isn't inherently evil. When's the last time you've heard of Buddists or Hare Krishnas killing people in the name of their religion? Christianity has had plenty of evil, but has been relatively tame over the past 200 or so years. Larger institutions like Catholocism have their fair share of corruption, but that's nothing compared to the crazy assholes down south that decide to swindle people into supporting their vision of God so that they can have a free luxurious ride through life ( As Zappa said, "He's got 20 million dollars in his heavenly bank account, you ain't got nothing people" ). Then we have Islam, which will one day in history be just as docile as most religions are today.

In theory it's less that the religion is what is evil, but often the men who use it to manipulate others to their will. Which, in turn, kind of sounds like Man is what is evil. And if you are an atheist and anti religion then that's assuming man created religion... which still kind of sounds like Man is evil.

But also I included Causes and not just Gods. Like nuclear deterrents, does the potential product of peace make the threat of massive obliteration any less evil? I mean, the intentions were good. Like Anakin's killing the younglings.

"Men who use it to manipulate others", is pretty much my definiton for religion. Because that is religion. They don't praise their gods. They may just praise money if at all, like over 90 of all people in this world. Other than that, they just gather together to manipulate an be manipulated.

All of this might seem evil. But then again, you don't know the origin of those people who manipulate. You don't know why they do this bullshit. And I still say, there's no such thing as good and evil.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just a reminder that it has been a month since the "release date should be announced PRETTY SOON" claims were made.

"Only a little bit longer", Kojima said.

A month ago.

NV5yX5b.gif

For the record it was Ken and Kobayashi that said that but yeah....it's about damn time.

NEXT WEEK AT DESTINATION PLAYSTATION... BET ON IT!!!

sexyelder

BAM! Gene is a master of psychology, he uses quotes from the Boss like "Prove your loyalty!" etc to break Snake in their final battle. And what does Skullface do in GZ? "Chico. Growing up means how your going to live your life."

"Nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all."

Skullface

BAM! Gene is a master of psychology, he uses quotes from the Boss like "Prove your loyalty!" etc to break Snake in their final battle. And what does Skullface do in GZ? "Chico. Growing up means how your going to live your life."

"Nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all."

Skullface is best face.

I'm not religious, but I have a big problem with what you said. Religion isn't inherently evil. When's the last time you've heard of Buddists or Hare Krishnas killing people in the name of their religion? Christianity has had plenty of evil, but has been relatively tame over the past 200 or so years. Larger institutions like Catholocism have their fair share of corruption, but that's nothing compared to the crazy assholes down south that decide to swindle people into supporting their vision of God so that they can have a free luxurious ride through life ( As Zappa said, "He's got 20 million dollars in his heavenly bank account, you ain't got nothing people" ). Then we have Islam, which will one day in history be just as docile as most religions are today.

Should've changed the first sentence. I don't want to have even a flame discussion in here with non-religious people.

It's like the Order love/hate discussion. I'm out of this. Should've never posted this.

JayEH

Now I believe Cipher Cat is Murkrow lol.

Anyway, I just got the order and am on my way home. Will write a review tonight. :Smugface:

"Men who use it to manipulate others", is pretty much my definiton for religion. Because that is religion. They don't praise their gods. They may just praise money if at all, like over 90 of all people in this world. Other than that, they just gather together to manipulate an be manipulated.

All of this might seem evil. But then again, you don't know the origin of those people who manipulate. You don't know why they do this bullshit. And I still say, there's no such thing as good and evil.

Fair enough. I have no personal problem with religion, just participating in good ol' conversation. But I agree with there not being a purely good or purely evil.

DINOSAURS

Neo Member
I'm not religious, but I have a big problem with what you said. Religion isn't inherently evil. When's the last time you've heard of Buddists or Hare Krishnas killing people in the name of their religion?... Then we have Islam, which will one day in history be just as docile as most religions are today.

There are militant Buddhist sects, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Karen_Buddhist_Army

There's no guarantee that radical Islam will disappear either since the process by which Christians became docile is tied to improved quality of life and cultural factors. I'm not an expert, but I think as long as the Middle East is in turmoil we will probably have dangerous groups who use Islam as a recruiting tool.

BTW what the hell this thread is.

JayEH

There are militant Buddhist sects, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Karen_Buddhist_Army

There's no guarantee that radical Islam will disappear either since the process by which Christians became docile is tied to improved quality of life and cultural factors. I'm not an expert but I think as long as the Middle East is in turmoil we will probably have dangerous groups who use Islam as a recruiting tool.

No news = random discussions lol. Konami playing us like a fiddle.

There's no guarantee that radical Islam will disappear either since the process by which Christians became docile is tied to improved quality of life and cultural factors. I'm not an expert but I think as long as the Middle East is in turmoil we will probably have dangerous groups who use Islam as a recruiting tool.

Look at him, he comes into a MGS community thread and the first thing he's doing, is talking about religion. I can't handle this, craziness!

DINOSAURS

Neo Member
Look at him, he comes into a MGS community thread and the first thing he's doing, is talking about religion. I can't handle this, craziness!

Hey! I posted my theories in that other MSG thread that went to heaven. Everybody was convinced that David Hayter would still voice Big Boss, but they just have to let go...

Well, it ain't a Metal Gear thread.

|OT3| Metal Gear talk subject to ban.

Oh, nice! So, it's like that deal I have with N4G.

OT1 is still active and we already done 3/20 out of this thread. Mods don't give a shit.

Hey! I posted my theories in that other MSG thread that went to heaven. Everybody was convinced that David Hayter would still voice Big Boss, but they just have to let go...

You are definitely wrong here now..

Welcome brother! I appreciate you'r humongous testicles plunging in on the heaviest of topics! Make yourself at home.

This thread is several dozen peoples psyches slowly being torn into something that would be delicious on a taco.

Skullface

I don't disagree with anything you've said. At the same time, I think religion has value and shouldn't be relegated to an evil trait of humanity. This is coming from an agnostic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom