• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go fast.

THREE DAYS, BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! O_O

اللعنة ما حدث هنا؟ الناس أنت مجنون.

Какво по дяволите се е случило тук? Вие хора са луди.

Què punyetes ha passat aquí? Vostès estan bojos.

到底这里发生了?你们这些人都疯了。

到底這裡發生了?你們這些人都瘋了。

Co se tady stalo? Jste šílený.

Hvad fanden der skete her? Jer folk er sindssyg.

Wat de fuck is er gebeurd hier? Jullie zijn gek.

Mida kuradit siin juhtus? Te inimesed olete hull.

Mitä helvettiä on vialla? Te ihmiset ovat hulluja.

Ce que le baiser est arrivé ici ? Vous les gens sont fous.

Was zum Teufel passiert hier? Ihr seid verrückt.

Τι στο διάολο συνέβη εδώ; Είστε οι άνθρωποι είναι παράφρων.

Ki mele a te rive isit la? Moun n' a tèt pa byen.

מה לעזאזל קרה כאן? אתם משוגעים.

क्या बकवास यहाँ क्या हुआ? तुम लोग पागल हो रहे हैं।

Tus dab fuck tshwm sim ntawm no? Yog koj tus neeg insane.

Mi a baszik történt itt? Ember te elmebeteg.

Apa-apaan yang terjadi di sini? Anda orang gila.

Che cazzo è successo qui? Voi siete pazzi.

何性交がここで起こったのですか?人々 は異常であります。

도대체 여기서 무슨 일이? 사람들이 제 정신이 있습니다.

Ko fuck notika šeit? Jūs cilvēki ir nenormāla.

Kas po velnių čia atsitiko? Jūs žmonės yra psichiškai nesveikas.

Main apa yang berlaku di sini? Anda orang yang tidak siuman.

Liema fuck l-ġara hawn? Nies int le.

Ba'ax ka kisino'ob j-úuch waye. Te'exe ' ob locos.

Hva faen er galt? Du folk er sinnssyk.

¿Temu̲ ar Temu̲ ar zunthu bí thogi nuwa? Ustedes gi locos.

چه فاک اینجا بود؟ شما مردم دیوانه هستند.

Co do cholery tu się stało? Ci ludzie są szalone.

O que aconteceu aqui? Vocês são loucos.

Ce dracu sa întâmplat aici? Aveţi oameni sunt nebun.

Что ебешь случилось здесь? Вы, люди, невменяемым.

Čo to sakra je zle? Ty lidi sú šialené.

Kaj za vraga se je zgodilo? Ti ljudje so nori.

¿Qué diablos pasó aquí? Ustedes están locos.

Vad fan hände här? Ni är sinnessjuk.

Fuck สิ่งเกิดขึ้นที่นี่ คนที่คุณจะบ้า

Burada neler oldu? İnsanlar deli.

کيا بکواس یہاں ہوا؟ آپ لوگ پاگل ہیں ۔

Cái quái gì đã xảy ra ở đây? Những người bạn đang điên.

Pa fuck'r digwydd yma? Eich pobl yn wallgof.

What the fuck happened here? You people are insane.

wat. Bookmarked.

sexyelder

The boredom is real.

draft1126190848.jpg

I must be one of the few who doesn't really care about all these extraneous type threads in Gaming. I feel bad for the kid, and that's a pretty fucked up think those guys are doing. That being said, I'm not sure what else there is to discuss. I like talking about vidya games in Gaming.

Dawg

People are so cynical. if you knew half of the shit I did when I was that age, you'd think I was ten times worse than that kid.

Rean

I just don't understand why he sat there and watched him delete his characters. I would've dived for the power button.

Dawg

I must be one of the few who doesn't really care about all these extraneous type threads. I feel bad for the kid, and that's a pretty fucked up think those guys are doing. That being said, I'm not sure what else there is to dicuss. I like talking about vidya games in Gaming.

Nah, I totally feel you. Threads like that always revolve around a single discussion point and it either dies out or mods have to close it because people cross the line.

I must be one of the few who doesn't really care about all these extraneous type threads in Gaming. I feel bad for the kid, and that's a pretty fucked up think those guys are doing. That being said, I'm not sure what else there is to discuss. I like talking about vidya games in Gaming.

NO UR GONNA CARE

Dawg

I just don't understand why he sat there and watched him delete his characters. I would've dived for the power button.

He didn't see that happen. IIRC, he saw what was happening once the guy was deleting his weapon. Notice how he immediately turns off the power? And when he restarts, he tells the guy "it's only one weapon".

At that point, he didn't know about the deleted characters yet. Which is why the crying only comes after. When he reaches the character menu. That's when he finds out.

Rean

That "Earthbound is factually a terrible game" thread is dumb too, I just got that game from club nintendo and I'm about to play it.

edit: Oh I didn't realize that.

I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother reading/posting in the Bloodborne OT. You just know the console warriors and frame counters will be on full alert.

That "Earthbound is factually a terrible game" thread is dumb too, I just got that game from club nintendo and I'm about to play it,

So. Dumb. I have to remind myself to avoid Gaming as much as possible. No one talks about games, they just whine about things (30fps is a fucking slideshow is always the first thing that pops to mind when thinking about Gaming) and present what the perceive to be flaws as fact.

sexyelder

Have you guys hearf about that new phantom pain game? People are saying its Metal Gear but Ground Zeroes is the new one? People are dumb to think its Metal Gear, I know ground zeroes will be massive I bet the game will be at least 20 hours long ('u')

Dawg

I'm not sure if I'm even going to bother reading/posting in the Bloodborne thread. You just know the console warriorsz and frame counters will be on full alert.

To be honest, Bloodborne looks pretty damn impressive from a graphical standpoint. I've always liked the art From Software uses, but this looks like it is the next level for them.

To be honest, Bloodborne looks pretty damn impressive from a graphical standpoint. I've always liked the art From Software uses, but this looks like it is the next level for them.

Guess you didn't see what more than half of what made up the first IGN gameplay thread. "Ouch, those textures." "Yeesh." Ugh.

Oh I absolutely agree with you. But that's besides my point. You saw what went down in the 'IGN 10 minutes gameplay' thread, right?

Guess you didn't see what more than half of what made up the first IGN gameplay thread. "Ouch, those textures." "Yeesh." Ugh.
What he said.

JayEH

So. Dumb. I have to remind myself to avoid Gaming as much as possible. No one talks about games, they just whine about things (30fps is a fucking slideshow is always the first thing that pops to mind when thinking about Gaming) and present what the perceive to be flaws as fact.

OT isn't much better tbh.

Da fuq.

Rean

Yea all those The Order related threads were annoying me too. There was this guy in the review thread saying he was disappointed with the game even though he just bought it. I even asked him if he played it and I don't even think he responded.

Dawg

Oh I absolutely agree with you. But that's besides my point. You saw what went down in the 'IGN 10 minutes gameplay' thread, right?

I did not. I like to avoid those threads. People were saying Final Fantasy XV looks like shit in an other thread. That's when I realized some people cannot be saved.
They were going on about how the soles from Noctis' shoes were downgraded.

JayEH

I did not. I like to avoid those threads. People were saying Final Fantasy XV looks like shit in an other thread. That's when I realized some people cannot be saved.

Not sure if you're kidding but I believe you.

OT isn't much better tbh.

Da fuq.

Yeah, I know. I generally steer clear of OT. MGSGAF is the only place I really care about.

And yeah. The Bloodborne gameplay threads got pretty disgusting at times. You could tell those people never played a Souls game. Not to say that Souls games don't look good, but I mean, people don't play them for the visuals (by and large), at least I wouldn't think so?

Yea all those The Order related thread were annoying me too.

Oh, yeah, those ain't going away! ;_;

Not sure if you're kidding but I believe you.

He's not kidding, Jay. Yeah, it's ridiculous. FFXV looks to break some of that brown-and-gray syndrome and brighten up the medium a bit being as bold as ever - screaming Final Fantasy, yet people gotta nitpick over dumb shit like blades of grass.

Demons' Souls was a pretty ugly ass game from a technical standpoint, but I loved it so damn much I imported the Asian version to play while I awaited western release.

sexyelder

I kinda miss the way versus was gunna be with a darker tone. The vibrant characters and environments are great and all, but I would of been nice to see a darker Final Fantasy.

Dawg

Demons' Souls was a pretty ugly ass game from a technical standpoint, but I loved it so damn much I imported the Asian version to play while I awaited western release.

I did the same. I remember importing that fancy "CE" from Hong Kong. The only game I've ever imported from an Asian country. So cool it supported English subs! In fact, I believe it had English dubs too? I seem to remember something like that.

Was such an amazing experience because almost no-one here owned the game besides myself. I tried to tell friends of mine about it and they were like "looks like some Japanese crap, dude."

And now everyone is playing Dark Souls :p

Rean

People just need to realize that Gameplay>Graphics, and just because a game is short doesn't mean it isn't any good. Look at games like Ground Zeroes Dark Souls, and Journey for instance.

I did the same. I remember importing that fancy "CE" from Hong Kong. The only game I've ever imported from an Asian country. So cool it supported English subs! In fact, I believe it had English dubs too? I seem to remember something like that.

Was such an amazing experience because almost no-one here owned the game besides myself. I tried to tell friends of mine about it and they were like "looks like some Japanese crap, dude."

And now everyone is playing Dark Souls :p
English fucking dubs bro. It was glorious! I was lurking GAF back then, but I remember being tipped off in some thread about the Asian version. I placed my order same day.

JayEH

I'm on Chapter 5 right now. graphics are great, VA is great, gameplay is ok...when you get to do stuff.

I think this game has major pacing issues. You'll have a section where it's 5-10 minute shootout followed by 10 mins of walking around. This has been the pattern for me so far. It's really weird how its been like this for every chapter so far.

Anyway, I'm still interested so I'll be going on. Hopefully there will be more meaty gameplay sections.

People just need to realize that Gameplay>Graphics, and just because a game is short doesn't mean it isn't any good. Look at games like Ground Zeroes Dark Souls, and Journey for instance.

To be honest, there are so many games I have played in the last five-to-seven years that just drag on and on and on, and I think "I would be totally OK with that being eight hours shorter." Playing GZ reignited my desire to get better at a game and learn its ins and outs. Just what I needed for TPP.

I'm on Chapter 5 right now. graphics are great, VA is great, gameplay is ok...when you get to do stuff.

I think this game has major pacing issues. You'll have a section where it's 5-10 minute shootout followed by 10 mins of walking around. This has been the pattern for me so far. It's really weird how its been like this for every chapter so far.

Anyway, I'm still interested so I'll be going on. Hopefully there will be more meaty gameplay sections.

Nice, good stuff. Haha, yeah, I can totally see how that can get really annoying. Fortunately, I played a ton of Gears of War back in the day and remember that one forced-walking sequence after a checkpoint and I had to retry it, like, a million times. Kinda prepared me for what was to come. :-D Cool impressions, though, thanks for sharing!

Dawg

I think The Order 1886 was a decent appetizer for what's to come next this year. It was short but bittersweet. I like to play something like that every now and then. It was different, with both positive and negative points.

But holy shit @ the insane production values. This is some Kojima perfectionist shit. I literally cannot find any flaws in the presentation and the graphics. It really is damn impressive. Best graphics I have experience so far... in my LIFE, yo!

But holy shit @ the insane production values. This is some Kojima perfectionist shit. I literally cannot find any flaws in the presentation and the graphics. It really is damn impressive. Best graphics I have experience so far... in my LIFE, yo!

Yeah. It's insane. The animations are so fluid, too, like going from gameplay to cutscene has rarely ever been as satisfying for me.

JayEH

My ideal future is where the industry stops caring so much about graphics and says you know what? We're going to have PS3 level graphics but we'll give you best gameplay you have ever experienced.

I feel Japanese devs are better at this than western ones. You see a game like Persona which doesn't give a fuck about releasing on old consoles or what its graphics are like. Yet everyone loves those games because they focus on their story, characters, and gameplay systems. Or even something like what Platinum does where they focus entirely on gameplay and their games look fine but it never blows you away. Again no one cares though.

There's nothing wrong with having high production values but it's getting ridiculous on how this is the focus of every game's attention.

Edit: Demon's souls is a good example too. Super rough on looks, great gameplay.

Nice, good stuff. Haha, yeah, I can totally see how that can get really annoying. Fortunately, I played a ton of Gears of War back in the day and remember that one forced-walking sequence after a checkpoint and I had to retry it, like, a million times. Kinda prepared me for what was to come. :-D Cool impressions, though, thanks for sharing!

This is on another level though. Gears wouldn't constantly stop and go on the action.

Dawg

I do think Sony should take a long look at themselves and maaaaaaaybe dumb the "cinematic experiences" a bit down. We already have Naughty Dog for that and they're the best in the industry.

We need more gameplay focused exclusives. Just look at Bloodborne. That's the definition of a gameplay focused exclusive. Japanese developers are much more focused on that aspect imo.

When I look at my most anticipated list this year, 2 games from my top 3 are Japanese. The only exception is Uncharted 4 and that's made by a developer which is the exception to confirm the rule.

JayEH

My top 3 most anticipated were

1. MGSV
2. Bloodborne
3. The Witcher 3

I didn't put in Persona 5 at all since the hype wasn't real until I saw the gameplay trailer

The game did have a lot of bad pop-in in the early Afghan footage, but thats probably fixed by now.

He was talking about the Order. But the same is true for MGSV :D

Rean

I do think Sony should take a long look at themselves and maaaaaaaybe dumb the "cinematic experiences" a bit down. We already have Naughty Dog for that and they're the best in the industry.

We need more gameplay focused exclusives. Just look at Bloodborne. That's the definition of a gameplay focused exclusive. Japanese developers are much more focused on that aspect imo.

When I look at my most anticipated list this year, 2 games from my top 3 are Japanese. The only exception is Uncharted 4 and that's made by a developer which is the exception to confirm the rule.
Yea know that you mention it I am more excited by the games the japanese developers are making more than the others.

sexyelder

I feel developers should focus less on using resources on graphics and more on Ai, characters on screen, and destruction. A game like the order (minus the graphics) could of been made 10 years ago.

Rean

Honeslty P5, MGSV, SFV, and FFXV are my most anticipated this year. Hell, I'm excited for FFXV more than Batman and Uncharted and I only played 1 other FF game.

We have a lot of catching up to do to Japan. Here, we just come out with these same, stale ass games. "Oh, unlikable protagonist who I'm supposed to be rooting for but really can't but I'm just missing out on something beyond the surface. Ok, well guess I'll shoot everything in sight. The end." These Japanese games coming out this year (and next) are going to shit all over the western-based games from the highest plateau. MGSV, Final Fantasy XV, Persona 5. These games all have swag through the fucking roof. The know what they are, and they aren't apologetic about it. And that's the kind of shit I want. I don't care - good, bad, whatever - I want something new, something blue. Fresh experiences that I can't get elsewhere. Metal Gear: What game out there is going to give me a crazy deep storyline with badass characters, sweet tunes, photorealistic visuals AND strap a balloon to a dude and tell him that he's one of the good guys now. Persona: What game is going to let me play as Harry Potter? Final Fantasy: Where else am I going to find a game with as big and fantastical a world with on-the-fly battles that have the potential to surpass the systems implemented in some of the best ARPGs the industry has ever seen? Japan's biggest and most iconic titles are getting their grove back and are going to be hard for anyone who calls themselves a gamer to pass up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom