• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this has calmed down.. If anyone wants something to read, follow this quote:

x3mrxst8.gif

I am going to sleep..

Kojima be like "
Lpvsnlk.gif
"

But i think he should do an exception ,we won't resist much longer.

Bahahahaha!

Yep. Sadly those CoD and AC would eat up MGS.

September is the last month they could release this year but I think that Destiny expansion is coming out then so it would still be tough.

Yeah, no doubt. Like, I will buy 69M copies of MGS, but it would really suffer if released in late fall/Holiday 2015. September has to be the cutoff.

Since this has calmed down.. If anyone wants something to read, follow this quote:

I am going to sleep..

Reading it now. Thanks for all the hard work Cipher Cat. I will feature it in OT3!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Agreed. Would GDC be the place to announce a release date? Or an announcement of an announcement?

They probably won't be at GDC because on march 5 is a new Kojima station.

So our best bet for now is Destination Playstation next week, after that, no idea.

Batzi

Banned
Yep. Sadly those CoD and AC would eat up MGS.

September is the last month they could release this year but I think that Destiny expansion is coming out then so it would still be tough.

Have faith in Metal Gear man. CoD & AC have become cliché games. Nothing special to be honest and after Unity, Ubisoft has a lot more to worry about than just competition.

So our best bet for now is Destination Playstation next week, after that, no idea.

Man, if we don't get anything this week... I don't know. Maybe he'll announce a release date announcement on Kojima Station. You can only say "Soon." for so long, though.

Soon.

LowParry

Hmm. Well just gotta keep trucking forward. The one thing I really really wish they'd show more of or even demo is Online. I miss the living hell out of that.

Batzi

Banned
What date is the Playstation thing?
It's usually the last week of February. It spans over several days so starting Monday next week most likely.
Man, if we don't get anything this week... I don't know. Maybe he'll announce a release date announcement on Kojima Station. You can only say "Soon." for so long, though.

Soon.

If we get nothing next week expect it to be announced randomly through an official Konami press release.

Sn4ke_911

Soon.

Tora said if they are ready to announce a release date it will be big ...meaning Kojima station is too small.

If we get nothing next week expect it to be announced randomly through an official Konami press release.

Well, it's Kojima. So, he's gotta hype up the press release. And I think he'd do that through Koji Sta. He'll tickle our balls for 2 hours or so and then say "Release date announcement imminent!"

Tora said if they are ready to announce a release date it will be big ...meaning Kojima station is too small.

Right, that's why I was saying they would announce the announcement itself!

JayEH

Have faith in Metal Gear man. CoD & AC have become cliché games. Nothing special to be honest and after Unity, Ubisoft has a lot more to worry about than just competition.

yeah but the mainstream eats that shit up and konami marketing can't compete with activision.

Rajang

The problem is that Destination Playstation is not something big like E3, GamesCom, TGS its a private event. They also confirmed that they wont be at GDC (both Kojima Pro and LA). What's left? E3?!

:<

Sn4ke_911

The problem is that Destination Playstation is not something big like E3, GamesCom, TGS its a private event. They also confirmed that they wont be at GDC (both Kojima Pro and LA). What's left? E3?!

I think Destination Playstation could be big enough.....ah well who the fuck knows, I'm getting tired of guessing :/

Batzi

Banned

We know they won't be at GDC and PAX East and we also know that Kojima Station is a no no. That leaves Destination Playstation which is next week but that's a PRIVATE event, so only the press will know if Konami decides to reveal anything there. After those? We have NOTHING all the way till E3.

He never said Kojima will be riding around on an elephant in a TPP themed circus performance. It doesn't need a stage event to be big news.

I'm waiting for a company to be ballsy enough to come out and say something like "...and it's out next week!" but can't see that happening with MGS V. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom