• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

I just ordered MGS Special Missions for 13 euro's including shipping.

Look at how sexy the cover is:

Metal_Gear_Solid_Special_Missions_boxart.jpg

:>

Now I wait.

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

Skullface

I just ordered MGS Special Missions for 13 euro's including shipping.

Look at how sexy the cover is:

Metal_Gear_Solid_Special_Missions_boxart.jpg

:>

Now I wait.

scott-pilgrim-wednesday.jpg

Nice. Is it true that it's treated like an add on in Euro land? In the sense that you need to disc swap with MGS to get it to work?

Brothaaahhh!

To stand within the pleasure dome, declared by Kubla Khan. To taste anew the fruits of life, the last immortal man. To find the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice. For I have dined on honey dew and drank the milk of par---radise. Oh, paradise!
Epic song! I was listening to moving pictures a couple weeks ago. Gottat listen to a farewell to kings now!

Skullface

Epic song! I was listening to moving pictures a couple weeks ago. Gottat listen to a farewell to kings now!

Nice! I was beginning to think I was the only Rush geek here. I think my chopper music for MGSV is going to be Moving Pictures and Signals. Are you seeing them on the R40 tour? It's supposedly their last. Just like PP is Kojima's retirement piece.

DINOSAURS

Neo Member
Nice. Is it true that it's treated like an add on in Euro land? In the sense that you need to disc swap with MGS to get it to work?

Yep, has its own disc and packaging here in Australia too.

Time to play MGS4 again. I've played it almost as much as MGS3 but the events never sit completely in my head... and I played it again just 4 months ago :\ ?

Rajang

Yes, isn't it the same for the NA version?

Only the Japan exclusive Metal Gear Solid: Integral has the full game + vr missions (3 discs total) in one package.

Jealousy is an emotion Dawgs do not have.

Instead, we learn. We watch others. We collect information.

All of this... will be used to create the most insane OT any of you have laid eyes on.

I expect best thread of all times, like MGSV will be best game of all times

Me! Team Rocket (from the games) are my fave villains from the games. This is why I enjoyed the story from Gen 1/remake and Gen 2/remake!

James is my favourite character in Pokemon! I rewatched 1-3 generation anime 3-4 times, when I was at age 18+ :D And replayed 1-3 feneration games several times!

Prepare for trouble..

Dawg

I expect best thread of all times, like MGSV will be best game of all times

I'm not going to make something with multiple pages, though. Maaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll go for two pages.

The reason for this is that I'm probably going to use a lot of images, so the actual OP won't be reaching its character limit that fast.

I LOVE the original 151. I'm okay with second and third gen but after that, the Pokémon design become fucking ridiculous.

Same for me. But to be fair I never was so deep in Pokemon after 3rd generation, so I can't say it sucks, just did not fell in love like with 1-3 generations.

Dawg

People might disagree with me but BruceLeeRoy's OT isn't hard to replicate. His OT isn't that impressive from a graphical standpoint. I've seen more impressive things these past years.

What is impressive, is the length. If you look at his OT, I can see why he used the multiple posts format. He has a shortcut tab and you can't make shortcuts (as far as I know) without having multiple posts you can link to.

But really, his OT is just an enormous collection of information. I am dead serious when I tell you I could deliver the same thing for Metal Gear Solid V. I'd need a lot of time, but I am convinced I could do it. I just don't want to. I like the MGS4 OT but it's too bloated for me. Feels too much like a PR piece. I think it was the right OT for its time (2008) but NeoGAF has changed so much that I don't think a 40 posts OT is still something people want.

And, as I've said before, I don't want to use the entire MGS history in this OT. This isn't a Solid Snake game. It's a Big Boss game. In my opinion, it's useless to include Metal Gear Solid 4 etc when that stuff happens AFTER Metal Gear Solid V. I want to include a timeline and stuff, but just use things that have happened before V. So MGS3, PO, PW and Ground Zeroes.

Feel free to disagree with my vision of the OT, but it's not like I'll just drop this shit a day before release. I'll make sure to send the final version to a couple of MGS-GAF members so you guys can judge it before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom