• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of footprints... I could be wrong but they don't seem to be in GZ and in the Afghanistan/Africa demos when he comes out of puddles/streams he doesn't seem to leave anything either. I hope Kojima includes them in the final build of TPP as they were such a classic mechanic. We've yelled at him to include all these other basic things that was missing in GZ like dumpsters, lockers, the knock, radios and so on... but I see no one asking him to bring that back (maybe because it's still there and i've somehow missed it?)

Yes, I'd like to have them included aswell. But I don't think Kojima is going to downgrade anything. I would say, it's safe to say every feature that was in the previous games, is included in TPP aswell.

MajorTom

Speaking of footprints... I could be wrong but they don't seem to be in GZ and in the Afghanistan/Africa demos when he comes out of puddles/streams he doesn't seem to leave anything either. I hope Kojima includes them in the final build of TPP as they were such a classic mechanic. We've yelled at him to include all these other basic things that was missing in GZ like dumpsters, lockers, the knock, radios and so on... but I see no one asking him to bring that back (maybe because it's still there and i've somehow missed it?)

i never even noticed the lack of footprints in GZ, they definitely need to return. i was blown away by them when i played mgs1 as a kid, i couldn't believe that a game could have something like that haha.

I'm pretty sure everything you said is there on TPP, i think the purpose for GZ is to give players a feel of what to expect. Sort of like the FFXV demo that's missing several stuff: Magic, the car, etc... So no need to worry brother.

Although footprints idk how would they work in a such a big space. The reason they worked perfectly in other MGS is because the rooms were small and pretty confined.

Dawg

Oh god Dawg that tweet came back :(

Back? It's been a while. Did you know me back then? Last time it popped up, it was months ago :O

But yes, that tweet will haunt me forever. It'll probably reach 1000 RTs at one point. I do think it's funny, but at the same it's out of context and puts me in a bad light. I know what pixels are. I wasn't talking about that. It's a bit sad I got shamed for that. As some people know, I suffer from OCD and this causes me to notice all kinds of tiny details. It has... I'm not exaggerating here... it has destroyed a large portion of my life.

So the post in that tweet was related to one of those things I noticed. Not pixels. But a special dithering effect only noticeable in certain Capcom 3DS games. I know this because one of the posters quoted me and told me this right after I made that post. In fact, someone quoted me and said "you mean... pixels?!" and I said no right away. I think that was before that tweet was ever made so it's kinda shitty but I can still laugh at it.

antitrop

Back? It's been a while. Did you know me back then? Last time it popped up, it was months ago :O

But yes, that tweet will haunt me forever. It'll probably reach 1000 RTs at one point. I do think it's funny, but at the same it's out of context and puts me in a bad light. I know what pixels are. I wasn't talking about that. It's a bit sad I got shamed for that. As some people know, I suffer from OCD and this causes me to notice all kinds of tiny details. It has... I'm not exaggerating here... it has destroyed a large portion of my life.

So the post in that tweet was related to one of those things I noticed. Not pixels. But a special dithering effect only noticeable in certain Capcom 3DS games. I know this because one of the posters quoted me and told me this right after I made that post. In fact, someone quoted me and said "you mean... pixels?!" and I said no right away. I think that was before that tweet was ever made so it's kinda shitty but I can still laugh at it.

At least yours has an explanation. I made a stupid post about Bioshock Infinite while I was high as fuck and I can never take that back.

Microsoft about to take your money like

vJut7BP.gif

:lol :lol :lol /dead

^^^
agreed. Who's making OT3? ;)

Me! :-D (I'm not sure if Jimmy is serious about making it or not. :lol But if he wants it, he should go for it!)

LOL @ that thread. that's why i stay in gaming

anyway, i hope both footprints and disguises are in TPP. really loved that change of pace in mgs3

Choomp

Banned

I didn't know you back then but I probably lurked back then and I definitely saw the tweet at one point, I only saw it again yesterday. Anyway, it's a rough situation but it's cool you can laugh at it.

Batzi is the gift that keeps on giving. What a guy

sexyelder

True, that man has worked wonders for the xb1. it's great console i know i'll be getting one in the future for gears and the state of decay sequel ( with online multiplayer! ) i wonder if xb1 had the same specs that ps4 has, what would've been the narrative. In perfect world that battle was fought via exclusives who can outdue the other one. It could've sparked some creativity and healthy competition.

Im an owner of a XB1 and I gotta say, its riddled with problems. Many connection and server issues, parties dont work half the time and the only reason I got it was for MCC, which didn't turn out that great. Im sure in the future it will become a great console but be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom