• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Is Outer-GAF on? I'd rather play with you guys than random assholes.
I think my issue with playing online multiplayer has been not hooking up with people. I definitely want to give mgo a try to get me more into multiplayer. I should be on tomorrow. Hopefully we can get a full party of Outer-GAF.

Palpable

I think my issue with playing online multiplayer has been not hooking up with people. I definitely want to give mgo a try to get me more into multiplayer. I should be on tomorrow. Hopefully we can get a full party of Outer-GAF.

Yeah we definitely need to get a private match of all of us

Frenden

Banned
Weird question, but can you hop in to online without touching single player? I don't want to start single player until I have time to really commit to it.

AmyS

Seriously loving this. Have a great deal to learn, but so far no technical issues getting into or staying in matches.Really fun stuff.

LowParry

Can you not matchmake with friends online? Cause this is seriously dumb. Love the game but..........mehhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Zabant

The hit detection with the latency is all over the shop. One guy managed to hip toss me as I held him in a choke, regular head-shots putting men down only for magical bullets to come flying out of their corpse taking me with them.

Shocking.

Demoskinos

To those having issues getting in matches. If you aren't the picky type and just want to play anything like myself just do Auto-Match + Random and I usually get a match within 30 seconds.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The game is great, wish it had some sort of SOP link instead of the buddy system though.
So far my MGO experience has consisted of Searching for Match
Weird, it's going surprisingly smooth for me. Like 5 - 10 seconds to find a match using the matchmaker. Can't remember a game that had MM this fast.

Weird question, but can you hop in to online without touching single player? I don't want to start single player until I have time to really commit to it.
Not sure, but you should start SP. Something early on in SP affects your first MGO character's
*******appearance************

Duraigo

Here's a nifty suggestion; If more than half, heck if more than 3/4 of the players in the lobby are ready, the match should start. I had to wait for two and half minutes because one person didn't hit the ready button. So the lobby goes from getting your gear ready, to an annoying hostage situation.

Here's a nifty suggestion; If more than half, heck if more than 3/4 of the players in the lobby are ready, the match should start. I had to wait for two and half minutes because one person didn't hit the ready button. So the lobby goes from getting your gear ready, to an annoying hostage situation.

I do agree, but you can also simply set the lobby timer to a minute. I really don't see why people make rooms where you have to wait 3-4 minutes between matches.

So far I've had a pretty good experience, no one kicking me or quitting.

I already got kicked once from a lobby for no reason that I could think of, besides possibly having killed the host to often. And also had it happen that hosts left mid match a couple of times. Really annoying. So my friends and I will probably be hosting our own rooms most of the times.

Shadybiz

Played some matches. All in all the game is a blast to play, I think. Did get booted once because the host quit, but other than that, was smooth sailing with no noticeable lag. How in the hell did they leave out host migration??

Still in Freeroam right? And if you're the party leader you won't see the option to ready up, since everyone in "ready" status will follow you to whatever game you join.

Thanks, we got it...was odd, he backed out and came back in, and then we had the option to ready. For some reason didn't show it the first time.

Why are people having trouble with the walker gears? They go down super fast and you're so vulnerable using it.

Yep, you just run up to the flank and CQC; nothing much to it.

How the heck do you cloak ad an infiltrator?

Play until you unlock the "Suppressor" loadout, which I think I got a lvl 3. Stealth camo will be one of your items there. Just press Left on the d-pad and you'll cloak.

Top Bottom