• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Arttemis

Meh most of the enforcer stuff looks more like bomb disposal then regular military gear. Infiltrator has a good balance between lightweight and body armor, reminds me of the tv show military like Stargate teams or BSG Marines.
I wish the digital camo color was an option.

Meh most of the enforcer stuff looks more like bomb disposal then regular military gear. Infiltrator has a good balance between lightweight and body armor, reminds me of the tv show military like Stargate teams or BSG Marines.

The large swatches of the black "rubber" on the Infiltrator and scout's uniform ruin them for me.
Its already bad enough on the standard BDU.

Shouta

E-locators are seriously easy points, especially in Rush versions of maps.

The shield for Enforcer is surprisingly useful and I've been using it a lot. It doesn't offer the protection I'd like but it adds enough that I can usually kill an opponent in a 1v1 before they can get me.

It also really deters people on Walker Gears. I've had a few encounters where the shield, in 2-handed mode, was enough to prevent me from getting mowed down by the minigun and the Walker gear overheated. I pulled out my SMG and blew the Gear up.

Demoskinos

The shield for Enforcer is surprisingly useful and I've been using it a lot. It doesn't offer the protection I'd like but it adds enough that I can usually kill an opponent in a 1v1 before they can get me.

It also really deters people on Walker Gears. I've had a few encounters where the shield, in 2-handed mode, was enough to prevent me from getting mowed down by the minigun and the Walker gear overheated. I pulled out my SMG and blew the Gear up.

Yeah, there are counters for just about everything. Especially once you get a few levels under your belt.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So...my progress was entirely reset. I don't have my lvl 11 infiltrator or 6 enforcer.

What. The . fuck.

demolitio

Including the camo in any modes outside of C&D is poor design as well if you ask me.

It's especially bad in C&D as a defender though. I used to use it with a shotgun and could walk right up to the attackers since they hesitate and think you're on their team at first. I managed to kill Snake, and 3 other people before they really caught on.

I don't have a problem killing them for the most part and I hope people will just get used to it and notice the lack of nametags, minimap location, etc. and kill the person, but I understand why people wouldn't want it in the game. Otherwise, C&D is the best mode in the game by far.

I really just need to make a loadout to deal with the walkers. I wish grenade throwing wasn't such a pain for a MP game (not bad in a slow SP game) since a good ol' molotov kill is always fun. My enforcer class does alright against them, but my main infiltrator character has to pray the walker player doesn't see me so I can shoot him in the back.

Also, how do heroes work? My friend got to play as Ocelot his first game and I've seen Snake plenty of times, but I've never once seen him as an option in my loadout screen. Is it just random to one player each game?

Reminds me of Modern Warfare 2's riot shield. It looks like it will protect you but for the most part it only offers a little protection before bullets somehow penetrate the shield and kill you.

For Walker Gears sometimes they will just spray me with the twohand shield and I will just die instantly. Other times it will block most or all of the shots. Feels really inconsistent whether or not the shield actually blocks bullets for you because it really feels like they just go straight through sometimes.

It's especially bad in C&D as a defender though. I used to use it with a shotgun and could walk right up to the attackers since they hesitate and think you're on their team at first. I managed to kill Snake, and 3 other people before they really caught on.

I don't have a problem killing them for the most part and I hope people will just get used to it and notice the lack of nametags, minimap location, etc. and kill the person, but I understand why people wouldn't want it in the game. Otherwise, C&D is the best mode in the game by far.

I really just need to make a loadout to deal with the walkers. I wish grenade throwing wasn't such a pain for a MP game (not bad in a slow SP game) since a good ol' molotov kill is always fun. My enforcer class does alright against them, but my main infiltrator character has to pray the walker player doesn't see me so I can shoot him in the back.

Also, how do heroes work? My friend got to play as Ocelot his first game and I've seen Snake plenty of times, but I've never once seen him as an option in my loadout screen. Is it just random to one player each game?

It's random. I've played as snake twice and all I do is spam rocket punch and cost my team the game because of enemy team getting thirsty for my high bounty.

Jaeger

Despite it's flaws, I'm loving this like McDonald's. I have more fun in the first mode, though. I also wish GP was way more abundant. It's way too slow of a grind for me at the moment.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Part of me feels the majority of MGO3 was created in that one month delay.

I'm still having plenty of fun though. Specially with Gaffers. Here's hoping that the community endures.

DeVeAn

I experience major delays while playing. Bullets look like the hit yet they survive, I grab and then I end up on the floor. Last game was really bad. Hard to have fun when I feel like I am being cheated. I was grabbed from a walker from a huge distance.

Any tips? I went scout as it says best for beginners. I usually suck at online competitive games in general. I always try to get into these games and usually give up because of such frustration.

Made the mistake of starting out with an infiltrator thinking I could Big Boss my way around with the tranq gun. Have people had much luck with it? I find it impossible to land a shot, and most of the time just use the camo+cqc

Man, I'm looking forward to that unlock slot where I can finally start a scout class. When do I get it again?

Alienous

Made the mistake of starting out with an infiltrator thinking I could Big Boss my way around with the tranq gun. Have people had much luck with it? I find it impossible to land a shot, and most of the time just use the camo+cqc

Man, I'm looking forward to that unlock slot where I can finally start a scout class. When do I get it again?

Have you tried turning off aim assist?

That pulls your aim towards an enemies centre of mass, so headshots become unintuitive (you have to push against your aim pulling towards their chest).

I found I could execute headshots more consistently having disabled it, and I haven't needed to go back.

Have you tried turning off aim assist?

That pulls your aim towards an enemies centre of mass, so headshots become unintuitive (you have to push against your aim pulling towards their chest).

I found I could execute headshots more consistently having disabled it, and I haven't needed to go back.

You can only do that at the main menu, right? I'd give it a shot, thanks for the tip!

Demoskinos

Against moving targets its a coin toss if you'll hit anything and its pretty goddamn dangerous to even attempt to use it at all against enemies engaging you. But yeah I've popped off a number of fairly decent headshots from far away with it.

If you're an infiltrator the real fun starts when you get the non-lethal shot gun. That thing knocks people on their asses and is pretty much a guaranteed stun you can even silence it.

RE4PRR

The large swatches of the black "rubber" on the Infiltrator and scout's uniform ruin them for me.
Its already bad enough on the standard BDU.

Yeah I definitely agree with that. I have noticed in promotional material that there appears to be different BDUs so hopefully in the future they're available for everyone. You can change some of the colouring as it's under colour 2 option but that doesn't change all of it and there's only 3 options.

My friend and I kept trying to play together but he would always get a "game is full" message and we would get sent to different games. Is this a thing for everyone?

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Could I get an invite too? My PSN is Pak38, thank you!

Trying to unlock more things for my Infiltrator. Just wish the lag didn't fuck up CQC so much...

Frenden

Banned
I bought the gasmask, cold weather vest, and the 1000 GP BDU upgrade and my infiltrator looks awesome now. Saving ANOTHER 1000 GP for the black color option on the better BDU now.

I'm not looking forward to giving this all up after level 37, heh.

People seem to be getting the hang of the game now, I wasn't getting away with nearly as much as I was yesterday: People actually looking for cloaks, using marker grenades, staying in pairs/groups. Also played with a ton of scouts, I had a couple matches where my team had like six scouts (I don't recommend it, they wouldn't leave the spawn to cap points in comm), also a lot more leveled up enforcers running LMGs/shields and tearing teams to pieces. It's good, makes matches more interesting and encounters less predictable.

Also think I'm going to retire my use of fulton cannons. They're good but they don't fit my play style, I feel like I spend more time setting them up than I do actually playing. Chucking molotovs off rooftops like a mad man, that works a lot better for me and lets me run faster.

RE4PRR

I bought the gasmask, cold weather vest, and the 1000 GP BDU upgrade and my infiltrator looks awesome now. Saving ANOTHER 1000 GP for the black color option on the better BDU now.

I'm not looking forward to giving this all up after level 37, heh.

You don't lose things you brought after Ascension. Just weapons/attachments/skills etc

Frenden

Banned
I've been running the UMP45-looking SMG (I think it's the second one you unlock as an Infiltrator) and E. Locators or Plushies depending on if I'm on offense or defense.

I've been keeping my loadouts light and mobile. Someone mentioned the silenced non-lethal shottie, though, and I kinda want to try that as a build now. I gave it a go when I first unlocked it ages ago, but I must've had a bad match because I remember it being awful.

You don't lose things you brought after Ascension. Just weapons/attachments/skills etc

AWESOME TO KNOW.

Demoskinos

I've been running the UMP45-looking SMG (I think it's the second one you unlock as an Infiltrator) and E. Locators or Plushies depending on if I'm on offense or defense.

I've been keeping my loadouts light and mobile. Someone mentioned the silenced non-lethal shottie, though, and I kinda want to try that as a build now. I gave it a go when I first unlocked it ages ago, but I must've had a bad match because I remember it being awful.

AWESOME TO KNOW.

Its great for catching those guys who will bolt around a corner way to fast for you to CQC or tranq. Nothing as entertaining as just the absolute confusion and panic you cause someone when you knock them on their ass as they attempt to full sprint around a corner. Its a decent gun but like most things non-lethal its all about the situation you are in.

Top Bottom