• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

Frenden

Banned
Its great for catching those guys who will bolt around a corner way to fast for you to CQC or tranq. Nothing as entertaining as just the absolute confusion and panic you cause someone when you knock them on their ass as they attempt to full sprint around a corner. Its a decent gun but like most things non-lethal its all about the situation you are in.

Yeah. I'm thinking I might make one heavy, slower build where I load up that shottie AND a SMG.

Running around on your own sucks. One game I had a random buddy who actually stuck with me and we helped each other out/watched eachother's backs and it was great.

Next game everyone is running around doing random crap and not paying attention to anyone (including me) that gets fultoned even if I'm only a few meters away from them.

This game is definitely better if you play it with friends to back you up.

Frenden

Banned
Running around on your own sucks. One game I had a random buddy who actually stuck with me and we helped each other out/watched eachother's backs and it was great.

Next game everyone is running around doing random crap and not paying attention to anyone (including me) that gets fultoned even if I'm only a few meters away from them.

I've only had one match with a few folks with mics. They weren't even friends, just well meaning randos, and it went super well.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)

Alone can be alright. Sneaking all the way to the back room of Amber Station alone and undetected and spending the rest of the match marking the enemy team from behind their backs is fun.

Alienous

So how clever are you guys with your loadout names? I love trying to come up with a neat naming scheme.

I went with 'Attack Dog', 'Guard Dog' and 'Sight Dog' (which should really be 'Sight Hound', but hey) for my assault rifle, shield and long-range classes, respectively.

Need to think of something appropriate for my stealth class...

Detection Dog?
Anti-Detection Dog?

Hmm...

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
So how clever are you guys with your loadout names? I love trying to come up with a neat naming scheme.

I went with 'Attack Dog', 'Guard Dog' and 'Sight Dog' (which should really be 'Sight Hound', but hey) for my assault rifle, shield and long-range classes, respectively.

Need to think of something appropriate for my stealth class...

Detection Dog?
Anti-Detection Dog?

Hmm...

Player B, Player C.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I played MGO for a while, really enjoyed it.

Then gave the Battlefront Beta a whirl for a couple hours...

...came back to MGO and had a whole new appreciation for going prone/actual mechanical depth.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Has anyone here ever wiggled out of a fulton attempt, assuming the enemy player started the sequence of events ASAP?

The only thing I've seen people escape is a slow interrogation and then a kill attempt after. You can sometimes escape before the kill, but everything else seems too fast to mash out of.

Gorillaz

I played MGO for a while, really enjoyed it.

Then gave the Battlefront Beta a whirl for a couple hours...

...came back to MGO and had a whole new appreciation for going prone/actual mechanical depth.
Ayyyy bout the sane happened to me

"Battlefront is pretty great...but....I need somrthing more....fucking kojima"

Alienous

I'm looking at the data mined info, has anyone tried doing CQC strikes? There's a skill in the game (I'm not sure which) that lets you disarm enemies with CQC strikes, apparently.

Has anyone here ever wiggled out of a fulton attempt, assuming the enemy player started the sequence of events ASAP?

The only thing I've seen people escape is a slow interrogation and then a kill attempt after. You can sometimes escape before the kill, but everything else seems too fast to mash out of.

I don't think you're supposed to be able to. There is a skill to let you break out of CQC grabs faster, though, but if you're knocked out without an ally you're screwed.

Opto

Banned
I sure fucking love it when a group of assholes corners you into spawn and you can't do shit. I hope their consoles brick

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So I found a random player who worked with me. When I emoted "Cover me" he found a sentry position and aimed down whatever path I was sneaking. Alternatively, when I said that when going into a building, he would follow a few seconds behind and literally watch my back. When I said "Go!" I would start surprising and he would start flanking. When I said "Enemy Spotted" he immediately sprinter near and took up some sort of offensive position. The dude also prioritized waking me over fultoning. We never strayed more than a single solid wall between us. We both tried to friend request each other immediately after. Good story right?

I turn on my mic, he turns on his, we make a party. We can't get into the same game. At all. What the heck?

Banzai

I called my Scout " The Wait" and my Enforcer "The Frenzy". My loadout names are pretty boring, though. "CD DMG", "CD Stealth" and "Bounty Hunter". I don't even use the fourth slot.

Demoskinos

The spawn system is ass.

I've spawned behind people who were doing a good job of infiltrating.

I also hate the weird choice that buddy spawns are a poof of fire. If you're trying to hide and your buddy decides to spawn on you at the wrong moment goodbye stealth. =|

Alienous

I called my Scout " The Wait" and my Enforcer "The Frenzy". My loadout names are pretty boring, though. "CD DMG", "CD Stealth" and "Bounty Hunter". I don't even use the fourth slot.

'The Frenzy' is pretty damn good, though.
I also hate the weird choice that buddy spawns are a poof of fire. If you're trying to hide and your buddy decides to spawn on you at the wrong moment goodbye stealth. =|

Lol, I hadn't thought of that.

Hatchtag

Banned
Which soundtrack is your go to, gaf?

MGS1 is my favorite, I love it when it kicks up the alert theme a notch near the ending of the match.

MG1.

Anyways it needs to be louder when the match is about to start. My lethal and nonlethal loadouts are different and I keep getting fucked over and having no weapons to use because I was on my phone waiting for the match to start.

Saturday

Loadout names- Solid, Solider, Solidest

Best soundtrack- MGS1>MG1>MG3 Inside>MGR>MG.. online? whichever has the jazzy beginning.

Cloak and Dagger- still most ballin' mode. Quite frankly I might just stick with it and not play the other two.

i just named all 3 john :O

even copied the same face settings to the other two lol

so in a way (story ending spoiler)
they're all phantoms ;p

MG1 OST is the best ever. Ever.

So surprised if hadn't been remixed in another playlist for MGO. When the beat kicks in after you deploy, I can't stop rocking out to it. I bet it'd sound nicer with Ludwig's touch on that beat.

Saturday

that mode is becoming unplayable with the other team having whatever they want to use.

Yeah, I'm crawling up the ranks and I'm beginning to notice some proper bullshit. And hell, I'm fine with defenders with stealth camo. But at low to mid-level levels the matches are sublime.

rrc1594

I become much better at the game. I was always able to get kills, but I wanted to become better at being sneaky. I'm trying fulton more, sometimes I get really scared so I shoot instead.

Has anyone else run across a Hideo Kojima player?

I think it was yesterday morning/midday and I noticed the guy that killed me was using the Kojima model from TPP -- it wasn't a created character either because it had his hair which isn't available.

Can't remember the name of the guy and I didn't even think to get a screen/video of him either, too new to the Share stuff.

Alienous

Yeah, you shouldn't be able to be invisible as a C&D defender.

The point is the two distinct loadouts and objectives. And it's not like they don't already disable equipment based on the team.

You 'cliché', I say 'thematically consistent'. ;)

You do have a point, haha.

Has anyone else run across a Hideo Kojima player?

I think it was yesterday morning/midday and I noticed the guy that killed me was using the Kojima model from TPP -- it wasn't a created character either because it had his hair which isn't available.

Can't remember the name of the guy and I didn't even think to get a screen/video of him either, too new to the Share stuff.

I think someone else in the thread said something about that.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Grade 3 sniper ability to mark enemies through the scope is nice but 3 slots? Not worth the Night Vision loss.

iCodec

Made it to level 20, enjoying every minute of it.

Every time I salute I expect my character to start singing the victory song.

Top Bottom