• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online 3 |OT| The Missing Link

No sidearms or items then? Scouts don't have to snipe.

But anyway, not trying to argue. I just have found the game really fun and I feel it's not been unfair in its setup. Lag has annoyed me, but I expect it.
Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast and as I said, I can mostly deal with them. It's just that I can understand where the people complaining about Infiltrators are coming from, balance is a bit whack at the moment but nothing that can't be fixed.

Also sniper rifles are heavy, if I take sidearms while on a sniping loadout I basically can't run. When there are too many Infiltrators I just grab an assault rifle and run around with my NVG up.

konjak

Don't get me wrong, I'm having a blast and as I said, I can mostly deal with them. It's just that I can understand where the people complaining about Infiltrators are coming from, balance is a bit whack at the moment but nothing that can't be fixed.

Also sniper rifles are heavy, if I take sidearms while on a sniping loadout I basically can't run. When there are too many Infiltrators I just grab an assault rifle and run around with my NVG up.

Haha, I started a Scout after being Infiltrator and I missed stamina too much to keep going past level 8 or so.

Well... my impression of the camo is it's only really most useful if opponents aren't leaving their camera still. If you look for camo'ed people keeping yourself and your view still, they are far from invisible.

Look, I get it you don't have much problem with them, but it doesn't matter. Your personnal score at the end, like mine, doesn't matter. It's the fact that the camo stays the same whether you sprint, shoot and get fired at that's making it unfair, hence being overpowered. They don't take the jump on me every single time, and I'm most of the time doing pretty damn good in-game, but that's not the point, it's not a dick measuring contest, it's a balancing issue. There should be downsides to being freaking invisible. If not, then tell me why it shouldn't be.

Haha, I started a Scout after being Infiltrator and I missed stamina too much to keep going past level 8 or so.
It would be a lot more tolerable if it weren't for the bloody kill cam spoiling my vantage points so I have to relocate every few kills so I don't get shanked lol

"incredibly easy to see" Yep, there's nothing else worth reading past this, this takes the cake right here, thanks man! I'm calling my optometrist right now telling her she's been all wrong, my eyes ain't worth shit. Or maybe I'm just watching with my butt, yeah that's probably it!

Yeah, but... it is incredibly easy to see. They might as well not be using stealth. You can see it from across the entire map with no added difficulty.

konjak

Look, I get it you don't have much problem with them, but it doesn't matter. Your personnal score at the end, like mine, doesn't matter. It's the fact that the camo stays the same whether you sprint, shoot and get fired at that's making it unfair, hence being overpowered. They don't take the jump on me every single time, and I'm most of the time doing pretty damn good in-game, but that's not the point, it's not a dick measuring contest, it's a balancing issue. There should be donwsides to being freaking invisible. If not, then tell me why it shouldn't.

Just trying to help, not boast. I personally didn't think it was overpowered. And hey, if they run you can at least clearly see them on the map.

TheBoss1

Had my 1st encounter with dudes killing guys I put to sleep/stunned so I can fulton them... Had so many opportunities to win and they just kept throwing it away lol

Demoskinos

Had my 1st encounter with dudes killing guys I put to sleep/stunned so I can fulton them... Had so many opportunities to win and they just kept throwing it away lol

Yup. Hur dur. Im just gonna shoot everything with muh gun. Whats those numbers above their heads?

I hope this game has an option to play only with players using joystick on PC, but I don't even know if that's possible. I think GTA 4 did it, right?

I feel like the game should have had an initial tutorial as opposed to just text dumps that the casual gamer would be likely to skip.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
While playing with Gaffers, we also encountered a guy who only killed and even killed our Fultons. Asshole.

TS-08

"incredibly easy to see" Yep, there's nothing else worth reading past this, this takes the cake right here, thanks man! I'm calling my optometrist right now telling her she's been all wrong, my eyes ain't worth shit. Or maybe I'm just watching with my butt, yeah that's probably it!

But he's right. Your sarcastic response won't change that.

You should call her, or maybe turn up your contrast or brightness at the very least, because they are easy to see.

Icefire1424

I'm doing this too. I currently have 2 Scout loadouts set - one with an Assault Rifle, and my "heavy" load with the Sniper Rifle. Due to the weight of the latter, I use that for areas that are more open with good vantage points, knowing I can mark from a distance and still provide cover fire when needed.

In the tighter areas I roll out with the Assault Rifle and pair up with an Enforcer, spotting as I go. Buddy system works well here because even if we are jumped an an Infiltrator, the buddy is there to intervene. Even packs of Infiltrators don't work as it only takes one of us to spot the sneaky bastards before everyone opens fire.

I have yet to see one team using Infiltrators well, as most are running out on their own trying to rack up kills. A team that sticks together and uses an Infiltrator operating around the flanks to harass the enemy force will be a tough one to deal with, but no team has been nearly that coordinated. Yet.

Frenden

Banned
I've not run into situations were Infiltrators were breaking the game or anything. Sure, I'll occasionally miss their telltale shimmer, but most of the time you can see them well enough.

Between locators, plushies, and Scouts, things seem pretty balanced skills-wise. The biggest imbalance in the game isn't the class abilities, but rather the pace and order in which the better abilities unlock for each class.

TheBoss1

We will eventually weed out the casuals over time when they keep losing and they don't know why.
One day I'll hook up with a team where everyone has a mic and we can coordinate and dominate the opposing team... But GAF is all over the place so we can never link up at the same time lol

Arttemis

I've not run into situations were Infiltrators were breaking the game or anything. Sure, I'll occasionally miss their telltale shimmer, but most of the time you can see them well enough.

Between locators, plushies, and Scouts, things seem pretty balanced skills-wise. The biggest imbalance in the game isn't the class abilities, but rather the pace and order in which the better abilities unlock for each class.

The pacing of the entire game is off. Single player is way too slow. Unlocks in MGO are stupidly slow. Everyone should've defaulted at Rank 15.

Im on the infiltrators are OP side. They move fast as fuck, can basically run camo the whole match as the cooldown is laughable, and get to carry assault rifles. It's a lot easier for them to get the jump in a 1 vs 1 and since the health differences are minimal, they tend to have the advantage. A pack of skilled ones with S Speed is near unstopable

Alienous

One day I'll hook up with a team where everyone has a mic and we can coordinate and dominate the opposing team... But GAF is all over the place so we can never link up at the same time lol

We can give it a go this weekend. Playing a match with mic'd up GAFer's is pretty good.

Frenden

Banned
Im on the infiltrators are OP side. They move fast as fuck, can basically run camo the whole match as the cooldown is laughable, and get to carry assault rifles. It's a lot easier for them to get the jump in a 1 vs 1 and since the health differences are minimal, they tend to have the advantage. A pack of skilled ones with S Speed is near unstopable

To be running S speed, they pretty much need to be only carrying tranq guns. I haven't seen much of that at all.

wilsonda

We can give it a go this weekend. Playing a match with mic'd up GAFer's is pretty good.

Yea this weekend should give me more time to play... caught a game last night with GAF but normally in the evenings I've only got time for maybe one or two matched

TS-08

Is it possible to have S speed with the camo? Any time I equip the skill, even if I don't have a primary weapon, my speed is A on my infiltrator. Are they not equipping a secondary either?

Icefire1424

For the record, I fully intend to spend most, if not the entire weekend playing MGO. I haven't had a "free" couple of days without the wife or kid for months, and I fully intend to squander the time by playing an unhealthy amount of video games. Probably while sampling a few adult beverages. Apologies in advance if I start slurring my words over the mic after a couple hours.

For the record, I fully intend to spend most, if not the entire weekend playing MGO. I haven't had a "free" couple of days without the wife or kid for months, and I fully intend to squander the time by playing an unhealthy amount of video games. Probably while sampling a few adult beverages. Apologies in advance if I start slurring my words over the mic after a couple hours.
My best memories of MGO2 consist of playing Survival hammered / with a drunk clanmate.

Good times

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Is it possible to have S speed with the camo? Any time I equip the skill, even if I don't have a primary weapon, my speed is A on my infiltrator. Are they not equipping a secondary either?

To be running S speed, they pretty much need to be only carrying tranq guns. I haven't seen much of that at all.

Without any weight perks, the only way I've gotten S rank speed is by carrying nothing at all except Stealth Camo. Because Camo is a perk, I don't think it weighs anything.

There's a perk that halves the weight penalty on speed rank so you can carry a bit heavier loadout.
It's only on nonlethal weapons and the shotgun is still too heavy to be S rank if I remember right. That basically leaves you with a pistol and stun grenades or something.

I have an S rank running class that's just camo and a .45 with a muzzle break (suppressor is too heavy). It's fun to go fast but there really isn't any reason to use it over my A class with a suppressed SMG, petrol bombs, and camo, especially now that people have wised up on how to stop infiltrators so I get in a lot more firefights than I used to.

Look, I get it you don't have much problem with them, but it doesn't matter. Your personnal score at the end, like mine, doesn't matter. It's the fact that the camo stays the same whether you sprint, shoot and get fired at that's making it unfair, hence being overpowered. They don't take the jump on me every single time, and I'm most of the time doing pretty damn good in-game, but that's not the point, it's not a dick measuring contest, it's a balancing issue. There should be downsides to being freaking invisible. If not, then tell me why it shouldn't be.

Infiltrator toolset is garbage without camo, that is why camo is fine as it is. Fairly easy to see, but if you're careful you might be able to use it well enough to get close where tools are effective.

I guess there is an argument for 'Rush' maps making Scout's advantage hard to use, but that is a map design problem, not Infiltrator.

Alienous

Is there a perk for dual pistols because I could have swore I was killed by one who was not Ocelot

There seems to be a way of disarming weapons with CQC strikes and a certain skill. I haven't seen it, but it was in the datamined info.

Perhaps you can steal Ocelot's revolvers?

Yup... this is ruining the game for me. Frustrating beyond belief. The worst is when they kill someone who is already in the air, literally two seconds away from rewarding us extra tickets. Grats on your 150 points, dude...

Top Bottom