• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Ken

Just beat
Sundowner. Not sure why but I could never get the blade mode to cut through where I want to when he guarded. Got lucky by countering his shield ram and cutting the connections so I didn't have to bother figuring out how to cut the last 2 shields without blowing up.

So does anyone know how much damage the final boss does on Revengeance difficulty? He's one-shotting me right now and I'm contemplating whether I should go get all the health upgrades

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Yeah,
Sunny
is super kawaii.

Also, that dude
reading the hentai
killed me :lol.

Noi

2 hours taken to beat the final boss on Hard. So much cursing, so much bullshit to deal with.

...But man did it feel good to finally take that jerk down. I took no damage for the first half of the fight.
KuGsj.gif

After 300 attempts at fighting the final boss, I managed to finish the game. That last QTE was extremely satisfying.

I didnt know 8-4 did the translation. Great work. Thats two games Ive played done by them this month.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I stopped right before what I imagine is the final boss fight. I am very excited to see what's up with it.

Revven

Okay, so far I'm absolutely in love with this game.

My only gripes? Camera and the often wiggling that is involved when you fight the Gorilla-like enemies. Seriously, they couldn't relegate some of that to button mashing out of the dizzy animations? My stick is going to die the more I play this, I fear; unless as I upgrade Raiden those enemies become easier to deal with. x.x

And I'm by no means on the part where they're first introduced. I'm well beyond that. If there's any tips for dealing with them, I'd appreciate it because I feel beyond the point I'm at there's going to be tons more of them... (especially since I'm playing on Hard atm).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So what exactly does the Fox Blade do? I read that it kills normal enemies in one hit... does it also do high general damage against bosses and stuff? Seems a bit much.

So what exactly does the Fox Blade do? I read that it kills normal enemies in one hit... does it also do high general damage against bosses and stuff? Seems a bit much.

It'll break armor and subsequently chop up enemies almost instantly. You can literally just spam the dash light attack on every regular fight in the game. Doesn't seem as good as the Muramasa against bosses.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Exactly what it says: OHKO's enemies. You upgrade it, you increase that chance. Apparently (haven't unlocked it yet) it's pretty gamebreaking.

And it's no good for getting collectables/arms since that chance = you losing your arm chance.

Zukuu

Banned
Hideo Kojima will be in Berlin this saturday, and I soooooooooooooooooooooooooo gonna go there and let him sign my "new" original MGS 1 PS1 copy of the game.

Just beat Monsoon.

HOLY CRAP.

BEST.

BOSS.

EVER.

I am so freaking pumped right now. The music, the atmosphere, the mechanics, the boss itself, everything was just perfect. It's going to be hard for the game to top that fight.

Soooo...

Chapter 2 and endgame spoilers:
Raiden just kind of chops that kid George in half, right? I mean, he's a normal kid in chp.2, then he shows up in the end with a cyborg arm/shoulder and the artwork shows him nearly all cyborg.

He did tell Raiden not to worry about what happened to him... looks like Raiden sliced him from his right shoulder to the left-bottom of his ribcage.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It'll break armor and subsequently chop up enemies almost instantly. You can literally just spam the dash light attack on every regular fight in the game. Doesn't seem as good as the Muramasa against bosses.

Exactly what it says: OHKO's enemies. You upgrade it, you increase that chance. Apparently (haven't unlocked it yet) it's pretty gamebreaking.

And it's no good for getting collectables/arms since that chance = you losing your arm chance.

Okay. At least its damage output isn't as high. That balances it a little, I suppose. I also imagine it's hard to get S-ranks with it, since you can't really get high combos?

Violence in games doesn't get to me much, but the
harvesting
storyline in chp 2 is borderline offensive. The stage started with brilliant humor and then dived straight into introducing george (really voice actor?) 3 cyborgs that whooped me for 20 minutes (hard) in a bullshit fight...

I'm a huge platinum games fan and have played every mgs game but I did not sign up to relieve stress by seeing this. My emotions have cycled through laughter to annoyance, frustration and just sheer disguist. I wouldn't say I'm getting senile or old as i've been jumping from action game to action game...i don't know...

I begin and almost every game on hard, specifically in this genre, but there's just something about gameplay that doesnt click with me. Maybe i should be abusing items but i typically feel doing so comes off as cheap so maybe i'm making it harder on myself?

I need to take a day off of this and head back to fire emblem

Nah, you definitely don't need to abuse items on Hard. Something's not clicking for you, I guess. Maybe take some time away from it. Or start a chapter or two on Normal just so that you get a feel for the flow of the combat before jumping back into Hard.

Just beat Monsoon.

HOLY CRAP.

BEST.

BOSS.

EVER.

I am so freaking pumped right now. The music, the atmosphere, the mechanics, the boss itself, everything was just perfect. It's going to be hard for the game to top that fight.

I can't tell you if the other bosses will top Monsoon but at the very least, they come fucking close.

Okay. At least its damage output isn't as high. That balances it a little, I suppose. I also imagine it's hard to get S-ranks with it, since you can't really get high combos?

You can get S ranks as you will still be maxing Time, kills, BP (depending on enemies), and potentially combo (keep hacking away at their corpse), plus you'll easily get the No Damage bonus.

Adam J.

Finished it on Normal today, with the last two hours of my playtime dedicated to beating the final two asshole bosses (awesome though). Is it just me or does the game go from being a breeze to kicking your ass hard at the very end?

Really fun experience though. Only gripe is the camera and the stun stick-mashing (as mentioned a few posts earlier).

The story and dialogue made me laugh out loud multiple times, which I was not expecting. There is something about a bunch of cyber-ninjas standing around talking about politics that I find hilarious. One of the most outrageous final Bosses ever too! Loved the character.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I know but in terms of enjoyment how is it? just wondering what people think of it.

this game has some brilliant boss battles

This game does something completely unique with the parry system. And the bosses are spectacular, which is a weakness in DmC that everyone will admit. People will prefer different things. I find the combat in this to be far more satisfying than anything I did in DmC. Not DMC, but definitely DmC.

Parallels to Ninja Gaiden are appropriate.

You can get S ranks as you will still be maxing Time, kills, BP (depending on enemies), and potentially combo (keep hacking away at their corpse), plus you'll easily get the No Damage bonus.

Hmm, ah well. That's pretty broken then.

jett

D-Member
0 nanopastes, final boss, hard...

Yeah this is impossible...lol

I'm about to reach the final boss on very hard. Gonna try to beat him with auto-nanopaste deactivated, I don't think it'll be hard. On my hard run I beat him on my first try and I don't think I used more than one nanopaste if that. Disclaimer: first run through the game was on normal.

It's effectively a lightsaber to normal enemies by default, and is a full fledged lightsaber when upgraded. Still does normal damage to bosses, but for everything else it's a cheat mode. It can slice up enemies without blade mode.

Hell, you can ninja run slash at people, blade mode real quick and get them while they're blue and falling down, rinse and repeat for Zandetsu bonus

I'm S-Ranking Ch.1 of Rev right now with this time, all it takes is time and a little patience. It's seriously OP, and that's without the Infinite Blade/Ripper Mode wig

Riposte

HOLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

FUUUUCKKKKKKKKK

That final boss was amazing. People hyped it up a lot, but it surpassed my expectations. It was like the best elements of previous MGS final bosses mixed with crrrrraaaazy. Too. Good.

Dangit, now I have Monsoon's theme stuck in my head.

And it will flow, like a flood of rain
Pouring down on me
And it will not let up until the end is here
And it will glow through the darkest day
In the final hour
And it will never rest until the clouds are clear
Until it finds my dreams and disappeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaars~

Top Bottom