• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Gartooth

yes, I didnt actually mean to break it. I just hit it once. Didn't even throw it or anything but now the left joystick sticks and the camera constantly moves. But I will beat this boss, I just hate this Zandestu part. I really hate it.

Ouch, hope you have a spare controller just in case. Anyway I do recommend trying to get the sequence down, because after that as long as you pay attention and use the same techniques you have been using all game, the fight gets much much easier. It is just up to that sequence that is a pain.

njean777

Ouch, hope you have a spare controller just in case. Anyway I do recommend trying to get the sequence down, because after that as long as you pay attention and use the same techniques you have been using all game, the fight gets much much easier. It is just up to that sequence that is a pain.

No I dont actually, but I will just go buy one. I dont break controllers often. Funnily enough its usually on games that I really like and that pull this type of shit on you.

Is there a limit on the number of skills you can equip? I bought some but they're not appearing with the rest on the help screen.

You equip all the skill when you buy them, they won't show up on the help screen if you're not equipping the weapon required to do the move

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh, how the fuck are you supposed to save the civilian on the rooftop of R-03? Try to grenade? Get spotted. Try to rush in? Get spotted. Try to Ninjarun up the walls, can't let you do that, Dave.

Robot Pants

So, uh, how the fuck are you supposed to save the civilian on the rooftop of R-03? Try to grenade? Get spotted. Try to rush in? Get spotted. Try to Ninjarun up the walls, can't let you do that, Dave.
Emp grenade at the two guys guarding him worked for me.

Rocket launcher

and there's one on RO-5 with a GRAD looking at you, Red Phosphorous grenade takes out his sensor, then use the rocket they give you for the guards

Korigama

I used homing missiles, then the enemies came running after me instead.

EDIT: But yeah, rockets should be fine too.

Holy shit, just finished it in one sitting, what an awesome game. The final fight is INSANE, except one part where I wanted to throw my controller at the screen... but once you get the hang of it, it isn't so bad :D

Shoot the two guys near him with a rocket. Seriously.

Stupid -- but it works.

Hystzen

any tips for fighting the hammerhead choppers

i just run around then jump in air do a few hits then repeat. I got it dazed but no input to do a stun attack on it. Totally clueless as i heard you can do something with the missiles it launches at you

The last boss was satisfying, it took me 8 tries on normal, i was a fraid i'd be up 2 hours past my sleepytime, but it only took 30 minutes to put him down..

cabbage_patch.gif

because it feels great.
up to 30 times now, still cant get it

USE BOTH ANALOG STICKS to adjust the guideline

and QUICK CUT with the attack buttons don't try try to pull the analog stick back or any of that nonsense, it takes a few moments to line it up, but its EXTREMELY forgiving.

i just run around then jump in air do a few hits then repeat. I got it dazed but no input to do a stun attack on it. Totally clueless as i heard you can do something with the missiles it launches at you

Get some height if they're too high above you, target them then jump, then do a strong attack to do the homing jump kick, and slash it as many times as you can, rinse repeat, just make sure no sub weapon is chosen,
you can do a finisher when they are "blue" and it plays out as you running up to it using its missiles as platforms

Nemesis_

I just activate Ripper Mode, run up, slash once, and then Blade Mode.

Usually works and damage free too (if you wait until they don't fire their machine guns)

Do you get health from cutting the stuff thrown at you on the final boss? I just run away from him. Since I don't think it worth the chance of dying. On hard you die instantly, not sure if that's the same on normal. Still can't beat him on hard.

Gartooth

Do you get health from cutting the stuff thrown at you on the final boss? I just run away from him. Since I don't think it worth the chance of dying. On hard you die instantly, not sure if that's the same on normal. Still can't beat him on hard.

Yes if you can complete the sequence you can pick up 4 health packs off the ground.

yes

3 or 4 nanopastes, don't be afraid of what he throws,

and QUICK CUT with the attack buttons don't try try to pull the analog stick back or any of that nonsense, it takes a few moments to line it up, but its EXTREMELY forgiving.

Edit: beaten like Blanka by a point blank Psycho Crusher

abrack08

Does anyone know how the timer works?

Basically, I'm up to (R-04 Spoilers)
the room where you fight the body doubles of Mistral and Monsoon

I've been beating them quite quickly, racked up kills and made my combo number quite high. Presumably this should offset the fact that I can finish the room while taking damage and still get an S Rank.

However, for some reason, the timer is increasing everytime I finished. I finished it a few minutes faster than one time and the timer read 8 minutes. Then the second time, I finished even faster! and it said 10 minutes.

Why is the clock adding on time? Is there no way to reset it without starting the chapter? Watching some YouTube online, there is a girl who has done it in about 4 minutes! That's what I swear I did it in, but for some reason it just won't work. :/

I must be turrible, my timer after beating that fight was ~34 minutes. Not because it took forever, but because I died so many times.

I thought they said that the timer only counted your fasted/successful run? Why is it not restarted when I die?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.

Aim a rocket at one of the two dudes. Fire. Dead.

njean777

The last boss was satisfying, it took me 8 tries on normal, i was a fraid i'd be up 2 hours past my sleepytime, but it only took 30 minutes to put him down..

cabbage_patch.gif

because it feels great.

Get some height if they're too high above you, target them then jump, then do a strong attack to do the homing jump kick, and slash it as many times as you can, rinse repeat, just make sure no sub weapon is chosen,
you can do a finisher when they are "blue" and it plays out as you running up to it using its missiles as platforms

You know what I totally forgot about the quick cut, wow I really am dumb...

Aim a rocket at one of the two dudes. Fire. Dead.

how did you save the LAST civilian you can save, theres a huge GRAD and 2 soldiers near him

i couldn't figure out where to fire a rocket to actually make them give a dang without being spotted by the GRAD, i eventually snuff up on them somehow after 20 customize resets -__-

Robot Pants

how did you save the LAST civilian you can save, theres a huge GRAD and 2 soldiers near him

i couldn't figure out where to fire a rocket to actually make them give a dang without being spotted by the GRAD, i eventually snuff up on them somehow after 20 customize resets -__-
Run down to the left, hide behind the tank closest to them, throw Emp grenade.

Zeus:
NEVER ..GIVE UP..

Just make sure you're using both sticks to adjust the cutline, and be ready to cut something completely different after the third piece of debris

Wait how do I use both sticks to adjust and hit the x/y button? , thought when you use the right stick it pulls back for the cut?

Wait how do I use both sticks to adjust and hit the x/y button? , thought when you use the right stick it pulls back for the cut?

NOPE! when used at he same time it adjusts the line, it will make everything so much easier, and don't forget to quick cut with the attack button!

Run down to the left, hide behind the tank closest to them, throw Emp grenade.

had no EMP nades left :(

Korigama

What I did was...
I wasn't able to save that one until I...

1./Threw a red phosphorus grenade at the GRAD.
2./Ninja-killed the guy on the ledge.
3./Approached the two holding the hostage from behind (I hit them with a couple of rocket launchers afterward).

I wound up needing to repeat that rescue attempt more than any other in order to figure it out.

What I did was...

i managed to use up everything going about it the wrong way because one of those dudes had a left arm i wanted, i had to do it with no rockets, i managed to ninja run sneak behind them and cut them down before they fired a shot..don't think i could repeat it -__-

I'll definitely start using the other grenades.

Korigama

i managed to use up everything going about it the wrong way because one of those dudes has a left arm i wanted, i had to do it with no rockets, i managed to ninja run sneak behind them and cut them down before they fired a shot..don't think i could repeat it -__-
IIRC, there should be one red phosphorous grenade in the item box to your right just before moving forward to where they are, in addition to the rocket launcher on the ledge next to the other guy standing there. That said, if there is a way to do it without subweapons, I have no idea what it could be (definitely a problem if you have nothing left by that point).

sonicmj1

Chapter 3 finished now. I started on Hard, and it took a while for the combat system to click with me. Once I successfully finished VR 7, I think the combat system started to fall into place for me, and now I'm really enjoying it. I've been kind of compulsive about resetting checkpoints for certain things (arms in particular), but when a combat goes right, it feels almost as fast and deadly as a good run in Shinobi. Except this isn't stuffed with janky platforming and awful checkpoints.

Also, the escalation of the music in boss fights might be the best thing to happen to action game music ever.

Monomythian

Neo Member
So I'm playing V.Hard and I'm in CH.01 with the part when the two helicopters are shooting you off the bridge and I just instantly die after the QTE, I go left I go right, I jump over all the cars, or none, nothing seems to matter. There is just this explosion in exactly the same moment and Raiden instantly falls into the water, any ideas?

Andrew.

Banned
I completely suck at this game and that rarely happens. The timing to parry into the slo mo blade attack is too damn unforgiving and I just can't nail it. I realize its obviously the whole key to combat. Pretty disappointed in myself but oh well. I really wanted to see it. These fast paced actioners always get the better of me somehow. Additional Example: I'll never get over the fact I had to let my friend beat the second to last boss in OG Xbox Ninja Gaiden for me.

Finally beat this last night. My issue with the rock slicing was that I'd use up fuel in blade mode when he was vulnerable which always happened to be right before he jumped up to throw 'em. Since I reserved the fuel, I had more time to line up the slices. Yayuh!

I lucked out on that. Threw an EMP grenade at the soldiers, lightning kicked the GRAD, hit rippper mode and started cutting. Everyone but the civilian were dead several seconds later.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
How soon will the other skins be available for DLC? I am itching to play as White Raiden and I dont want to buy from ebay. And why did America get the crappiest of all of the special editions? That white Raiden play arts kai figure is sick.

Is the first slice in blade mode always horizontal if you perform it immediately after engaging blade mode? I just used the right stick on Sundowner's shield and the blocks the final boss uses when the targets were vertical.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Just a few tips for everyone that is having trouble with the final boss. I was in the same position last night and it took me a long ass time, but I eventually managed to defeat him, and here is what I learned.

At least once you actually do want to cut the debris he throws at you, this is because afterwards you can pick up 4 health packs which makes the boss fight much easier. Afterwards just run forward to avoid the attack. Also on the second piece of debris, tilt the left stick up so Raiden has a better view of it, otherwise you will miss.

When Armstrong starts to glow green and regenerate health, use blade mode to slice his back. I guess for a lot of people this isn't a problem, but for me personally I had no idea what to do, and it cost me a fight that I would have won otherwise had I known.

I didn't even think to do that. Died to his boulders over and over and over for upwards of an hour before just giving up. You've renewed my hope that this game is actually beatable!

Wooden Sword get. Its pretty fun and pairs well with Pole Arm ~

no wooden sword for me, whats special about it?

I didn't even think to do that. Died to his boulders over and over and over for upwards of an hour before just giving up. You've renewed my hope that this game is actually beatable!

along with using the left stick to adjust the camera, don't forget to cut with the attack button, those health kits will make the fight CAKE.

Top Bottom