• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Ferr986

Andd... completed in normal. Holy shit I suck at this game! Still having a hard time parrying, especially multiple attacks in a row. But still I loved, gonna restart on Hard now...

Also, I wonder how this song is not in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzgXbVj6yRM

It would be weird to get Ferry Corsten to make a song for this game just to make it unusued..

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
How do you do the launcher? I'm on the
Samuel fight and he just kicks my ass from the point he loses his sword on

EvB

Gray Fox dlc + 200000 credits.

L3+R3

Made me depressed as I had to switch from ds3 to shitty thrustmaster where I can remap L3.

Thanks very much, I've got the grey fox armour code, but haven't used it.
I might have to buy it so I can go and kick
Monsoon's
ass with it. Worst bit of the game for me.

Story Related:
What does the post credits scene imply? Usually Metal Gear games have some pretty good post credit sequences and almost always throws a huge plot twist at you. But this one did nothing for me. Is he just gonna continue fighting cyborgs? lol

He's made peace with who he is and what he wants, I guess. Raiden going home to be a family man doesn't really leave any sequel opportunities.

Revven

^^^We're getting dlc?

Yes, Bladewolf mission(s) and Sam mission(s). Also an additional 30 VR missions (PS3 ver. in NA I think?)

Fuck Mastiffs I swear im going break my left analog stick , fighting the 2 on the elevator in chapter 4 and it none stop Raiden being stunned or trying get out of grabs. I wish platinum remember TO STOP MAKING US WAGGLE THE ANALOG GET OUT OF STUNS i never had so much issue in Bayonetta but man this game with Mastiffs is irritating.

Odd really Im on hard no issues with bosses never died yet but mastiffs and mobs kill me

Yeah, these fuckers really pissed me off early on. However, the Pole arm is really fucking useful on these guys. Get as many hits in as you can and eventually their arms and legs will be blue for you to blade mode.

Otherwise... I tried to stealth kill them when I could. I felt so good in the sewer chapter when I stealth killed them. The rewarding feeling is the ability to be able to do it and also how creative you can be in stealthing them at that part of the game (cutting the platforms they walk on to bring them down to the first floor).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Yeah, firing a rocket solved that problem. WTF at these civilian saving "puzzles" though. You'd think they'd have a stealth option in addition to these using item options.

Anyway, gotta get through the underground without AR now. Oy.

GrayFoxPL

I laughed at the post credits because for a second I thought
Raiden was going into politics, running for a senator, lolz.

Anyway, gotta get through the underground without AR now. Oy.
I thought it was gonna be a problem, but it's actually a really simple and short segment. Kind of a spoiler? Putting it under a tag anyways unless you don't care about getting info about that section:
Getting into a fight down there gives you a small light source so you're not completely boned.

I laughed at the post credits because for a second I thought
Raiden was going into politics, running for a senator, lolz.

Same here, lol.

Game was a blast, though. Ended up replaying most of it before I even beat the last boss so I could stock up on upgrades. The game is way more fun going through the early levels with all of the extra skills and stuff.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
^^^We're getting dlc?

Wait you saying we get a Tibetan Mastiff puppy??

throwing-money-away_znvu4c.gif

Bought!

The hell, I beat Monsoon on hard with no damage but didn't get the achievement, I was wearing the infinite sub-weapon wig, does it matter?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Andd... completed in normal. Holy shit I suck at this game! Still having a hard time parrying, especially multiple attacks in a row. But still I loved, gonna restart on Hard now...

Also, I wonder how this song is not in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzgXbVj6yRM

It would be weird to get Ferry Corsten to make a song for this game just to make it unusued..

They will probably use that song for the Sam/Bladewolf DLC.

GrayFoxPL

Same here, lol.

Game was a blast, though. Ended up replaying most of it before I even beat the last boss so I could stock up on upgrades. The game is way more fun going through the early levels with all of the extra skills and stuff.

Wait. How do you replay earlier levels?

After finishing I just had continue from the start on harder difficulty, but I couldn't find level selector. I was bummed because I just wanted to repeat levels.

Hagi

Well that was fucking awesome, finished in just under 5 hours. Last Boss is the best final boss ever. It's been a long time since i've fought a boss that kicked my ass that much, such a cathartic feeling when i finally got him.

Speaking off bosses this excels at having excellent ones. Only fight i found disappointing was Sundowner. Sam was easily my favourite
the setting, atmosphere, the fucking tumble weed that rolls between you lol just great.
Can't sing this game praise enough.

Is there an artbook yet? the concept art for the bosses i've seen is great would love to own a book of it. JP hook us up!

Oh and PS4 sequel please!

Riposte

Revengeance is some truly hard shit. Even infinite fuel cell is not much help. :p I planed on using the blue wig for funsies but well...yeah. The some of mastiff's attacks can kill you in one hit.

I'm particularly annoyed with projectiles. I was fucking around with the doggy+rocket launcher battle in the prologue and it was downright silly.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Final boss rant. Three hours last night fighting him. First playthrough, hard difficulty. Going back to it now.

I'm fine until he throws the scrap metal at you in sequence. The first one is doable since you only need the right stick, but the second one you need to line things up with both shitty PS3 analog sticks within like two seconds, and if you fail you take 150% damage and the sequence resets. Only moment in the entire game where you need to do this, and it's under extreme time pressure and a fail state that puts you back at the beginning of a difficult boss battle.

I only have one health item. I have the main fight down completely, managed to get to the blade mode sequence without taking any damage, and still died.

Fuck off with your bullshit, game. :|

Wait. How do you replay earlier levels?

From the main menu. Instead of selecting "Continue", you just select Story, and then... I forget the exact progresson. But you'll come to a screen where you can change difficulty, and chapter. It lets you replay the game from any point you've completed.

Carbonox

Final boss rant. Three hours last night fighting him. First playthrough, hard difficulty. Going back to it now.

I'm fine until he throws the scrap metal at you in sequence. The first one is doable since you only need the right stick, but the second one you need to line things up with both shitty PS3 analog sticks within like two seconds, and if you fail you take 150% damage and the sequence resets. Only moment in the entire game where you need to do this, and it's under extreme time pressure and a fail state that puts you back at the beginning of a difficult boss battle.

I only have one health item. I have the main fight down completely, managed to get to the blade mode sequence without taking any damage, and still died.

I got so fed up trying to nail that down that I just ran away from the blocks every time he'd throw them. Means I could focus on the battle itself rather than the annoying padding.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost

After having gone through that boss on Very Hard I honestly was praying for those boulder sequences, because I got to him with zero paste and honestly had 10 times more trouble with the fist fighting sequence than the actual fight.

Midou

I can't do the rock part for shit, so I just went back and got 5 health items, saved them for last fight. When the rock part comes up, I just dodge it.

Though someone was saying you can cut rocks with quick attacks, instead of lining them up, so if that's true, I fucked up...

Diebuster

I've read here you can
just Ninja Run away and ignore the sequence completely, though you'll miss out on all the health items you get from doing it
. If it helps,
you also don't need to cut the debris perfectly
. Close enough is good enough for the game.

V_Arnold

Do not worry, - mechanic-related spoilers, no story spoilers incoming:
If you do that succesfully, you will get 3-4 full health rations on the ground! Then you get to do the cutting sequence one or two more times :D

GrayFoxPL

From the main menu. Instead of selecting "Continue", you just select Story, and then... I forget the exact progresson. But you'll come to a screen where you can change difficulty, and chapter. It lets you replay the game from any point you've completed.

Aww crap, so obvious. Thanks, this will be sweet.

Haha, everyone slumps on this.
You only have to line 3 of 4 targets. After this health items will fall from the junk on the arena.

That was probably the easiest part of the fight for me. Plus it gives you health afterwards, so it's worth learning to cut them.

Sykotik

I was in the same boat on my first play-through, on hard. Only I had 0 health items at the beginning of the fight. Trying and trying again, I learned his moves and what it took to dodge them. First 2-3 time I got to that part I failed, but once I did it, it wasn't difficult anymore. As a bonus, you get nano-paste rain afterwards.

This game is really awesome. Just beat it for the third time this morning. The final boss was pretty easy on very hard asides from
the first fight where you have to wait 2 and a half minutes to get to the next phase..

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
wxGQGNY.png

finally

Now I can focus on the game shit

the real Rising begins now

icespide

Banned
finished on normal last night and flew through it this morning on hard. game is so damn good. I really love the dynamic music in the boss fights.

IJoel

I think I hate this game. I loathe the combat. I feel like I'm missing something here. I'm on mission 4 right now, on battling
Mistral and Monsoon clones. Mistral is easy as hell; Monsoon on the other hand wipes the floor with me
. I really never have trouble with action games; this might be the first. I think I might exchange this for XCOM.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Salut.

I tried to do this but I've failed.

It's really tedious yeah

if I didn't do it on the initial playthrough I probably never would have

It's more lenient than I thought though. If you're really thorough you should get it before even finishing the game, and probably while ignoring most of the contextual stuff

Fuck. I keep failing at beating Sam with no damage. It seems I haven't yet mastered parrying. Funny part? It's the only part of my Revengenace playthrough I haven't gotten an S rank on. Blaaaargh! I even no damage'd Monsoon!

Carbonox

I think I hate this game. I loathe the combat. I feel like I'm missing something here. I'm on mission 4 right now, on battling
Mistral and Monsoon clones. Mistral is easy as hell; Monsoon on the other hand wipes the floor with me
. I really never have trouble with action games; this might be the first. I think I might exchange this for XCOM.

The latter is easy when you use
his own weapon you acquired from the actual Monsoon fight. It has stun properties for when he's in salad mode

OH SNAP...the updates O__O

Oh shit.

iMbTrk0EVIGKz.gif

Keasar

Just beat the game for the first time on Hard. DAMN it was awesome.

The story made absolutely no sense and the antagonist was kinda too late and too weirdly introduced to really conjure up some hate but holy damn was it a action trip throughout. Loved the music to death. Really fitted well with the action.

Now I want the DLCs, especially the one where you play as Wolfblade.

Edit: 43 Continues in total. Lots of Cs in endscore.

I'm starting to wonder if there's another element that isn't explained that people don't know to do, you are hitting the ATTACK button, and NOT trying to do the whole analog cutting thing right? he should cut through as soon as you tap it, doesn't even have to be lined up exact as you already know..

EDIT: or you can just ninja run to the opposite side of where he's tossing them, you just miss out on 4 nano paste health packs

GrayFoxPL

It's really tedious yeah

if I didn't do it on the initial playthrough I probably never would have

It's more lenient than I thought though. If you're really thorough you should get it before even finishing the game, and probably while ignoring most of the contextual stuff

I'm on second playthrough and still don't have it, and I'm trying. Some conversations are fun to listen but when Doktor lays all out on you his encyclopedia knowledge about bio something, somthing, cels, nanostimulants - wunderba! Or Boris goes on and on about political situation in Georgia - I just can't... Makes me want to cut the nearest parked car in 1000 pieces.
Which I do.

Top Bottom