• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Hagi

final boss fight is fucking trash for the reasons evilore stated

fuck everyone who made this game

fuck them up their stupid ass

tumblr_miox457pmf1qgdrw1o3_500.gif

It probably should be advised that you remove the nanopaste after
Defeating EXCELSUS and keep it off until the final segment against Armstrong
for the sake of having an easier time.

Cutting rocks isn't that hard though.

GrayFoxPL

I'm starting to wonder if there's another element that isn't explained that people don't know to do, you are hitting the ATTACK button, and NOT trying to do the whole analog cutting thing right? he should cut through as soon as you tap it, doesn't even have to be lined up exact as you already know..

EDIT: or you can just ninja run to the opposite side of where he's tossing them, you just miss out on 4 nano paste health packs

Holy crap. And all this time I've been mastering my bushido swings. This works on zandatsu lining up too?

It probably should be advised that you remove the nanopaste after
Defeating EXCELSUS and keep it off until the final segment against Armstrong
for the sake of having an easier time.

Cutting rocks isn't that hard though.

it is if you're using the manual cut mechanic..

using both analog sticks and hitting the attack button to CUT (not pulling the opposite direction on the analog stick) when you've lined it as best you can should do it.. and make sure you're leveling up your blade mode, it could be some of you guys have been neglecting it and blade mode is running out before ou can complete the sequence..

Holy crap. And all this time I've been mastering my bushido swings. This works on zandatsu lining up too?

yes it does, quite well too

Astral

I actually did the boulder parts of the final boss fight using the analog sticks instead of the face buttons. It took a while to get down and it pissed me off but I got it. I feel that's actually the hardest part of the fight.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Just beat the game for the first time on Hard. DAMN it was awesome.

The story made absolutely no sense and the antagonist was kinda too late and too weirdly introduced to really conjure up some hate but holy damn was it a action trip throughout. Loved the music to death. Really fitted well with the action.

Now I want the DLCs, especially the one where you play as Wolfblade.

Edit: 43 Continues in total. Lots of Cs in endscore.

Wait...what? Is this real? If so, when is it coming? Wolfblade was hands down the coolest character in the game, and I just kept thinking how awesome it'd be to play a whole game as him. This is fantastic news.

I actually did the boulder parts of the final boss fight using the analog sticks instead of the face buttons. It took a while to get down and it pissed me off but I got it. I feel that's actually the hardest part of the fight.

yeah, i could imagine it would be, when i knew i could use the face buttons to cut, i never went back, this should be explained better in the game, a sequence where you cut a line of watermelons that fly at you line up in various ways would fit the story perfectly.

Keasar

Wait...what? Is this real? If so, when is it coming? Wolfblade was hands down the coolest character in the game, and I just kept thinking how awesome it'd be to play a whole game as him. This is fantastic news.

It was announced shortly after the release of the game.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514657&highlight=

It will be the third DLC to be released, the first being a couple of new VR missions and the second being you play as Jetstream Sam.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on second playthrough and still don't have it, and I'm trying. Some conversations are fun to listen but when Doktor lays all out on you his encyclopedia knowledge about bio something, somthing, cels, nanostimulants - wunderba! Or Boris goes on and on about political situation in Georgia - I just can't... Makes me want to cut the nearest parked car in 1000 pieces.
Which I do.

I think it still counts if you fast forward through some lines.

you just gotta make sure you're calling codec whenever

• a new enemy type shows up(or one you haven't gotten the calls for)
  • after every major event in a level(appearance of a boss, beating of a boss. you reach an objective)
  • during different stages of a boss battle or during an encounter with unique conditions(civilians)
other than that you just call them until the repeat lines at the beginning of a stage.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games

using both analog sticks and hitting the attack button to CUT (not pulling the opposite direction on the analog stick) when you've lined it as best you can should do it.. and make sure you're leveling up your blade mode, it could be some of you guys have been neglecting it and blade mode is running out before ou can complete the sequence..

I really don't get how you do this. I did beat it without this advice, but I almost need a video of you doing this. Do you have three thumbs? As soon as I let go of right analog, Raiden swings. If that swing wasn't lined up properly, he gets hit by the boulder. No time to hit the other buttons.

I also don't think Blade Mode can run out during this. It drains, yes, but even if it gets to empty, I believe time stays slowed down. Course, I could be wrong, the whole thing is over almost before it starts every time.

Yeah, I used the buttons for the Monsoon fight when you got cut shit too. Way easier.

It also helps in the Zandatsu VR mission(s?), where you just slide into the first guy and hit L1, Triangle then Circle to take him out in 5 seconds, haha.

Probably the blade mode being neglected thing. Although I've used manual aiming for the rocks anyway.

I really don't get how you do this. I did beat it without this advice, but I almost need a video of you doing this. Do you have three thumbs? As soon as I let go of right analog, Raiden swings. If that swing wasn't lined up properly, he gets hit by the boulder. No time to hit the other buttons.
Don't let the right stick "snap" back to neutral and Raiden won't cut.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I did the Armstrong cutscene letting the stick snap

all 3 times

the only time I got hit was when I let go of zandatsu thinking there was only one rock

are people not moving the left stick to adjust for the different rocks?

Really not sure how moving a line is giving people so much trouble.

GrayFoxPL

I think it still counts if you fast forward through some lines.

you just gotta make sure you're calling codec whenever

• a new enemy type shows up(or one you haven't gotten the calls for)
  • after every major event in a level(appearance of a boss, beating of a boss. you reach an objective)
    [*]during different stages of a boss battle or during an encounter with unique conditions(civilians)
other than that you just call them until the repeat lines at the beginning of a stage.

This is crazy. I did this a lot in mgs for lols but in such fast paced game it's just out of place.
Thank's for the info, I'll be trying.

all 3 times

the only time I got hit was when I let go of zandatsu thinking there was only one rock

a lot of people are only using one analog stick and the way the line moves in that situation is odd and counter intuitive..getting used to quickly tapping the button to cut would work wonders for a lot of folks i think

Astral

all 3 times

The main problem, at least in my case, is that when I release the right analog stick it moves ever so slightly out of place and messes up the alignment.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
final boss fight is fucking trash for the reasons evilore stated

fuck everyone who made this game

fuck them up their stupid ass

Man I know how you feel. Once I beat that boss i wont fight him again.

Yes it is. I wonder if that part of the game is broken or is my controller broken.

I can't beat the last boss.

He just does way too much damage.

DON'T GIVE UP MANG >__<

learn to dodge jump and light attack to hop back and a direction to avoid the glowing yellow attack, and wail on him when he whiffs and be ready to back off again, and nail the blade mode for some health pastes

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Man I know how you feel. Once I beat that boss i wont fight him again.

Yes it is. I wonder if that part of the game is broken or is my controller broken.

The game is not broken, practice blade mode with the analog stick and you'll see it's not THAT hard. The worst you can do is panic when that part comes up, keep calm and take your time.

branny

all 3 times

Heaven forbid the final boss of a game actually requires you to know how to play. :lol

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Well, duh.

What I mean is I would go back and play the game again and fight the other bosses even Monsoon but not the last boss again.

The game is not broken, practice blade mode with the analog stick and you'll see it's not THAT hard. The worst you can do is panic when that part comes up, keep calm and take your time.

I went through that with Sundowner. The Last Boss fight seem to make my controller stop working. Just as I am about to cut the second debris (the first one is ok) the camera immediately goes to the ground and the debris hits me. When it comes to that part of the fight i am praying to god that my controller works.

Ugh when I dodge his running grapple, half the time he still catches me.

And it does about 25% life. This is ridiculous.

don't hit a direction and hit dodge and no direction, you''ll jump back, i mastered that and went toe to toe with him more often than not

Neutral jumping worked out for me. He stops where you are, but you're in the air, so lol.

never thought of that! i'd miss out on some free hits but it would keep someone who hasn't mastered it safe

Don't try to dodge that, either run away (the best imo) or try dodge offset

i thought he meant the dodge offset, light attack and the jump button (if you purchased it)

Soodanim

Just finished my first playthrough (played on hard). Last boss was annoying as hell, and not that fun. It's only when I almost stopped caring and stopped putting in effort that I beat him.

I had also turned the music right down, so I'm currently sitting through unskippable credits in silence.

And they misspelled Phil LaMarr in the credits?! Shameful.

Heaven forbid the final boss of a game actually requires you to know how to play.

It has nothing to do with knowing how to play. There are some cheap elements about it. I'm not a very good player, but I got to the last boss on hard, my first time through the game, with little difficulty. The most I died on any boss up to that point was Monsoon, and he took me out a total of one time. Yet I literally spent all day on the final boss because of his stupid area attacks which where cheap because of not only the camera but the fact that he'll make those flame barriers, forcing you into a tight space sometimes, and then do those area attacks that he does at the beginning of the fight -- meaning you're trapped with absolutely no means to dodge this.

It's imbalanced and feels more sporadic and sometimes luck-based, from which most of our frustrations arise.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh when I dodge his running grapple, half the time he still catches me.

And it does about 25% life. This is ridiculous.

I back off as soon as I see yellow and ninja run clockwise around him

branny

Yeah, running away can sometimes be more effective than using the dodge. "Jump cancel whatever you're doing and getting the hell out of there" is a good strategy sometimes.

It has nothing to do with knowing how to play.
Oh, my comment was only directed at the people complaining about needing to manually aim in blade mode.

moolhy

Banned
Hooooooly hell, does this game take a HUGE difficulty spike when you get to the World Marshal tower or what?? What crap is that all about recycling bosses. I can't get passed AI Monsoon. I love how Boris is like "Is AI. No problem for u yessss?" Yeah, it was the same AI the first time around you asshat. :mad:

Top Bottom