• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Cross posting.

I'm at the
fistfight section of armstrong fight
and I cant seem to get it to progress. Iv tired
blocking which still damages me and running round waiting for the cutscene and that is not working either

Playing very hard

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So according to the guide, each time the same mastiff grabs you, it actually requires more wiggles of the left stick to get out of the grab.

What a shitty design decision on their part.

ha

thats why I would get hit doing lazy rotations when they worked the time before

Hypron

Cross posting.

I'm at the
blocking which still damages me and running round waiting for the cutscene and that is not working either

Playing very hard

You need to dodge (X+A) like a motherfucker to get through this part of the fight, there are not really 2 ways about it.

Cross posting.

I'm at the

Playing very hard

Hit Circle/B to pick up your sword, then go to town

Unless this is a different section than what I'm thinking of

Veelk

Banned
Has anyone tried to beat Armstrong by fist fighting alone? I always ran for my sword because I was terrified of the fucker, but I'm curious as to whats possible without it.

Kyon

Banned
Cross posting.

I'm at the

Playing very hard

Lose

This game is amazing. It fulfills all my childhood dreams of being a badass ninja that can slice through anything. I have only done about 3-4 missions but it just keeps getting crazier and crazier (in a good way).

I haven't played a MGS game since MGS2 so i was worried about being lost in the story but it seems pretty easy to follow so far.

Even the voice acting isn't as bad as i was expecting (Except for little george in the sewers).

Playing on normal because i suck at these games but even i am struggling in some parts. I still dont have a decent strategy for gorrillas, they kick my arse EVERY time.

Cant wait to see how much bigger and badass these bosses get .

Hypron

That is a purchased skill surely you can do something else?

Well in hard mode it's quite simple to beat him without dodging, but in very hard it becomes a lot harder because he does more damage (if you want you can probably dodge using a mix of jumps and ninja run but it's a lot harder than simply using offensive defense or whatever the dodge slash is called). I think it's fair from the game to assume you have bought the dodging skill by the time you get to very hard mode.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Nah that just restarts.

Are you trying to do it no damage? You need to keep dodging his attacks or do a certain amount of damage. Eventually there's a point where a certain hit will automatically knock you into the next section... but that hit does damage. If you're going for no damage, you'll need to keep evading until there's an unavoidable hit.

RangerBAD

It's a great tool for rushing through levels to get to certain areas or bosses. It's just way too OP for general play.

Question about the Wooden Sword: The Special Upgrade increases the chances of a KO, but the Power Inhibitor decreases the damage dealt. I'm just not sure how those two work with each other. Does the Power Inhibitor strictly tone down the general damage of the Wooden Sword so that you don't accidentally kill anyone? Can you even kill anyone with the Wooden Sword? I've backstabbed enemies and it's still counted as a No Kill.

One is a plus and one is a minus. I'm not sure if you can have both.

Dave1988

Wow rating the new DMC last? WTF is wrong with you? And having DMC 2 over Bayonetta? You must have some sort of chemical imbalance in your brain.

To be fair, it's probably the only thing he got right.

Let's just ignore the fact that Bayo existed as a character before anyone outside of Alaska knew who Sarah Palin even was...

Sigh, I'm glad this conversation is happening on the internet, because I am almost certain your stupid would be contagious in person.

Who's awesome? You're awesome.

Kusagari

I was listening to the soundtrack on youtube and Hot Wind Blowing is easily my favorite track, but it never actually plays in the game.

Think we might get it in one of the DLC chapters?

Nemesis_

JP, please commission a Metal Gear ADELE downloadable content pack. Make sure she has an Oscar for one arm and a Grammy for another.

Given her relevance, we feel it would be a viable commercial venture.

Branson

Fuck this stupid ass last boss. Seriously. Playing on hard and I can't do the
cutting part.
. I've almost thrown my controller against the wall and got close to snapping it in half. Fuck this shitty boss.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever JP posts in a thread people seem to go out of their way to make weirder and weirder requests that he won't acknowledge (I don't blame him)

JP, please commission a Metal Gear ADELE downloadable content pack. Make sure she has an Oscar for one arm and a Grammy for another.

Given her relevance, we feel it would be a viable commercial venture.

edit: ok im not going to be mean. but yeah thats an.........interesting request to say the least.

Guess Who

Banned
cutting part.
. I've almost thrown my controller against the wall and got close to snapping it in half. Fuck this shitty boss.

Just dodge them by ninja running underneath them, unless you really need the health pickups.

zainetor

Banned
has anyone tried a new game very hard run?
Iwould like to give it a try, but starting again with no ability and an ass weak sword, makes me titubant.

cutting part.

I'm assuming this is the point where the fact that everyone uses the face buttons to cut in blade mode backfires hilariously, since it seems like it was designed with the intent that the player would know how to work the mechanic manually by then.

Phew, replaying R-04 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Got dat missing S rank. But now what's this about backing up saves for Sundowner's fight? Is there something about getting his S rank that I should know right before going into it now?

I'm assuming this is the point where the fact that everyone uses the face buttons to cut in blade mode backfires hilariously, since it seems like it was designed with the intent that the player would know how to work the mechanic manually by then.

The buttons still work with this. As a matter of fact I got that tip from here and it helped me with the final battle on hard. :D

Phew, replaying R-04 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Got dat missing S rank. But now what's this about backing up saves for Sundowner's fight? Is there something about getting his S rank that I should know right before going into it now?

You'll need to get either a good combo or some zandatsus, along with no damage.

Branson

Obviously. That shit just seems super inaccurate and I can never do it where I want to. Fuck it.

That part in the last boss battle with the fast cutting could've been a little slower or lasted a little longer to line up a cut. The way it is now is pretty damn quick for something that requires immediate precision.

Emitan

Let's just ignore the fact that Bayo existed as a character before anyone outside of Alaska knew who Sarah Palin even was...

Sigh, I'm glad this conversation is happening on the internet, because I am almost certain your stupid would be contagious in person.

Yeah. Seriously. Wow.

You'd think that Sarah Palin thing would have gone away with her career by now.

EDIT: BTW - I don't have any problem with his/her ranking list. Everyone can have an opinion, right or wrong as it may be. Prescribing motives to actions to justify the list, which are patently false, opens him/her up for a little good natured ribbing.

I think I'm going to buy Rising now.

gdt

God...after about an hour or so the parrying/blocking/zandatsu system finally clicked with me. I....I love it.

Branson

Oh shit. I just fucked myself over on this boss. I don't have any nano paste to start it. I went to customize and it saved me where I don't have any. And I can't do the cutting part. Well shit.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Parrying an enemy in Revengeance is hilarious. I got Blade Wolf from 75% to 4% HP.

I am really, really curious as to the reasoning behind this.

I mean...why? The whole difficulty balance in the game just seems straight up bizarre.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Oh shit. I just fucked myself over on this boss. I don't have any nano paste to start it. I went to customize and it saved me where I don't have any. And I can't do the cutting part. Well shit.

Enjoy the next several hours of your life as you try to get the cutting part down. Remember that you can use both sticks to aim the line.

Neiteio

Hey JP, if I may share a wish, it would be cool to have an update or DLC for a Boss Mode where we can jump directly to our boss of choice. Also, a model viewer to better appreciate all the cyborg goodness! :)

Midou

Restart the chapter, at start of chapter 7 lets you get 5 nanopastes, by going to customize menu and keep getting box near start of the area. Then save it for the boss, just restart at last checkpoint if you ever end up using one, it should be fairly easy to keep them though. This is what I had to do because I was awful at the cutting part too. For the falling rocks, as soon as you can move, walk a few steps in one direction, then NINJA RUN in opposite direction, this allows you to dodge them

Carbonox

Finally got all the data storage things. I've also found all of the Double Tripods and killed them (I'm sure) but no achievement. Maybe it's because there are one or two who can disappear if you alert them, even if you kill one of the Doubles, the other one will disappear nearly instantly. Time to go through them again tomorrow I guess. :\

Took some time out to Gold rank the first 4 VR missions. Taking my time with this game. Haven't started Very Hard yet either.

I think it's safe to say at this point that Metal Gear Rising is one of the best action games ever made. Probably my favourite of this generation easily.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Hey JP, if I may share a wish, it would be cool to have an update or DLC for a Boss Mode where we can jump directly to our boss of choice. Also, a model viewer to better appreciate all the cyborg goodness! :)

Yeah, a level select after you beat it or boss fight select would be much appreciated. Also retool the God Hand credit song for MGR for more added awesomeness. Don't act like you don't like the ball cutter.

Are people really this bad at Free Blade Mode? I've messed up on the boulder part of the final boss maybe twice in the five times I've fought him.

Top Bottom