• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Riposte

Question for final boss:

does anyone know how to get the "good" version of that unblockable QTE that knocks away your sword? It does a lot more damage if you block it then if get knocked away

I'm pretty sure it is based on parrying. If you parry it, you "block it" and get that interaction.

TheSeks comes off as someone who lacks introspection and sort of just decides things on his more immediate (at times petty or scruby) emotions. This is pretty common on GAF, but you don't usually see it applied to such an extent when it comes to Japanese action games (in that case you see more established dogma that is hardly challenged). This makes him pretty unpredictable and saying DMC2 is better than Bayonetta fits that unpredictability.

Thanks for the advice, but it's all on my end! I make it nearly to 10% of his health and then I screw up. My biggest error are those damn smoke grenades. They do such a small amount of damage that I believe that they're more just to piss me off, lol.

To avoid the smoke, dodge in any direction when you see him throw his arms up.

If you're pincering correctly you'll be able to take him down to 10%. The battle will basically go

Attack to 67%, junk, pincer to 5x%, junk, pincer to 40%, junk wheel, pincer to 2x%, junk, pincer to 10%, win.

PSP2
Snk Suckmore/PROPER IORI
now this Sarah Palin shit

HahaOhWowHaddock.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

2 HOURS im trying go to beat this last boss, and FINALLY I manage to cut that 2nd fucking ROCK. Collected 4 nanopastes, was gonna win. MISS the fucking QTE (only time ever in the game) and then proceed to get fucked afterwards

FUUUUCK

I want to die I swear

lol, this is pathetic, 12 hours on the clock, and still haven't finished the game. At least 5 hours spend on the final boss so far

chrono01

are the other swords useful?

Murasama is basically the best sword in the game when fully upgraded.

Well...maybe the Fox Blade, if you're fine with that whole "one-hit-kill" kind of thing. I've heard the Murasama is better for bosses, though.

Plus, it looks amazing. That has to account for something, right?

Persona86

Banned
Holy shit :O i cant get over how ridiculous hype the endboss is in this game i dont even know if its just Stupid or freaking Genius.
Just what are they smoking at Platinum? :O
Beneath the blood stained saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand~

now I fear the politicians of the future, that dude was scary

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

you can dodge everything using light attack + jump

You can dodge the area attacks if you time it right. Instead of running away from him when you see him preparing for it, dodge twice away from him

Kamiya is so damn sexy. Too bad he isn't into guys.

Anyway I need open and play bayonetta. The 360 version not the ps3

neojubei
Will drop pants for Kamiya.
(Today, 01:41 AM)

are the other swords useful?

Muramasa is inherently better than the default HF Blade, the HF Machete swings significantly faster, the Stun Blade has a random chance to instakill, the Wooden Sword gives you mad bonus points, and the Armor Breaker does just that.

So yes, they are.

RangerBAD

Hahah, truth.

The fact that you can carry it into the higher difficulties without penalty is pretty ridiculous. You only need to beat it on Normal, which means that a lot of people might not experience the Hard difficulties or above without that wig.

Thankfully, I still have all my hair so I don't need a wig. :p

Muramasa is inherently better than the default HF Blade, the HF Machete swings significantly faster, the Stun Blade has a random chance to instakill, the Wooden Sword gives you mad bonus points, and the Armor Breaker does just that.

So yes, they are.

What about Grey Fox's blade?

Dead

well not really...yet
you can dodge everything using light attack + jump

You can dodge the area attacks if you time it right. Instead of running away from him when you see him preparing for it, dodge twice away from him
I can handle the dude no problem. Its the fucking Shit he throws at you. I can't ever seem to manage the cut for the 2nd one he throws.

Hypron

I beat the final boss on very hard last night, and did you guys know
that he was able to jump in the air? He was going for a grab attack, I jumped in the air too early, and he jumped in the air as well to grab me :O, that took me entirely by surprise

From what I heard, the Fox Blade just breaks things

It doesn't do shit when you have multiple Mastiffs pouncing on your ass from off screen or when you have to deal with multiple RPG guys among other things.

Broken maybe but Revengeance is still a bitch with it.

edit - I mean S ranking Revengeance.

Persona86

Banned
I can handle the dude no problem. Its the fucking Shit he throws at you. I can't ever seem to manage the cut for the 2nd one he throws.

Say I want to slash left to right, I slowly move the right analog stick to the left and then I quickly move it to the opposite direction, in this case the right, and accurate slash achieved. Is that how you do it too?

This game/genre isn't for you. Figuring how to manipulate the combat system with cancels is the first thing you are supposed to try in action games. Trade the game in.

No, I'm plenty good at the game but I just hate when you get stunlocked by something off screen over and over and over and over and hey look -- you're dead. So, when that happens, multiple times, because you only get hit once... I tend to get a little fucking annoyed.

I don't care if cancels/invincible frames are there to be used in the game, you shouldn't have to rely on them for damned near everything and I'm not going to take the time to use them; it's not fun for me and I get no enjoyment out of it.

GRAD tips

Good stuff. I already beat it earlier today and just finished with the rest of Very Hard.

What is this nonsense?

Never played an action game before? It's like saying, if you need to rely on stealth in a MGS game, something's wrong with it. The game is intended to be played this way.

I don't play them often but I've made my way through Ninja Gaiden and the DMC's (real Dante) on the 2nd highest difficulties. My patience for this type of stuff is decreasing each passing year, it seems.

When I can't do something that means it is wrong. Not me though. I'm not the one who is in the wrong!

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know I'm at fault for a lot of it but I don't get pissed at myself when I fuck up; I get pissed at the developers that make it impossible to get out of a stunlocked state before you're hit again.

I hate stunlocks more than anything.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Out of curiosity, what skins do you guys mainly use? I was rocking the MGS4 skin in my initial playthrough, but ever since then it's been Suit all the way.

Same deal for me. Suit master race, other wise MGS4 raiden is just so good too. Except I've been using yellow body for revengeance playthrough

Look toward the right when Monsoon is having his monologue and you can see the kitty from the beach. I just found this out today. Are there any other easter eggs like this?

Look toward the right when Monsoon is having his monologue and you can see the kitty from the beach. I just found this out today. Are there any other easter eggs like this?

You can also see one of the cyborg soldiers petting the kitty

It's probably Bayonetta traveling the dimensions

Say I want to slash left to right, I slowly move the right analog stick to the left and then I quickly move it to the opposite direction, in this case the right, and accurate slash achieved. Is that how you do it too?

Actually, if you just let go of the right stick after moving it to one side, the slash will occur. So just pull the right stick to one side, move the stick to line up the guide with the targets, adjust slightly with the left stick, then let go of the right stick and it should work.

Do I need to worry about formatting or anything before backing up a PS3 save to a USB drive? Gonna back up the fuck out of my save when I get to Sundowner in R-04.

That lobby fight on Revengeance, never again.

zainetor

Banned

So yes, they are.
thx.
have you tried the long sword?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't play them often but I've made my way through Ninja Gaiden and the DMC's (real Dante) on the 2nd highest difficulties. My patience for this type of stuff is decreasing each passing year, it seems.

The two games you mention have invincibility frames galore. Specifically in NG2, I-frames are absolutely necessary for beating the higher difficulty levels. And animation canceling is a very broad, general technique in every game. Roll canceling, performing a Trickster dash mid-combo, jumping out of a combo... these are all basic forms of canceling.

Also, you can get combo'd to death in NG and DMC... hitstunned to death. It's certainly not something that's unique to MGR.

Persona86

Banned
Actually, if you just let go of the right stick after moving it to one side, the slash will occur. So just pull the righ stick to one side, move the stuck to line up the guide with the targets, adjust slightly with the left stick, then let go of the right stick and it should work.

After all this time I didn't notice that haha, thanks.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Fox Blade was good in helping me get Left Hands, at least.

It's a great tool for rushing through levels to get to certain areas or bosses. It's just way too OP for general play.

Question about the Wooden Sword: The Special Upgrade increases the chances of a KO, but the Power Inhibitor decreases the damage dealt. I'm just not sure how those two work with each other. Does the Power Inhibitor strictly tone down the general damage of the Wooden Sword so that you don't accidentally kill anyone? Can you even kill anyone with the Wooden Sword? I've backstabbed enemies and it's still counted as a No Kill.

So according to the guide, each time the same mastiff grabs you, it actually requires more wiggles of the left stick to get out of the grab.

What a shitty design decision on their part.

Astral

Parrying an enemy in Revengeance is hilarious. I got Blade Wolf from 75% to 4% HP. On another note, this game really needs a boss rush mode.

Top Bottom