• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Resilient

The parry is so ingrained into my hands now that I bet I'll automatically try to do it in God of War next month.

You most likely will, coming out of DmC I was trying to zip zap all over the place but it just wasn't happening. I really like how Rising has it's own identity and isn't just another Bayonetta. In fact I love how Platinum can drop games like these frequently yet they all still feel unique (Vanquish, Bayo, MGR). Hot damn.

I really like how Rising has it's own identity and isn't just another Bayonetta. In fact I love how Platinum can drop games like these frequently yet they all still feel unique (Vanquish, Bayo, MGR). Hot damn.

Yup. Way looking forward to Wonderful 101 this year as well.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
13+-+1

It came today!

ViviOggi

I love the audiovisual feedback in this game. It's rather open about its mechanics with the specific effects for enemies attacking, going down, parts being slicable and all that, everything feels distinct but not too flashy.
Also, and I'd never thought I'd say that ever, the use of QTEs is near perfect. The transitions are organical and don't feel gimmicky at all, unlike those in Bayonetta. Also Platinum smartly didn't go for those fashionable, but horrible "mash X to open door" kind of QTEs.

Carbonox

So Metal Gear Rising debuted at no2 in the UK charts (Crysis 3 came out on the same day which inevitably - although only by a few thousand copies IIRC - went to no1).

Be interesting to see how it does in the US and Japan. I can't see it doing worse than DmC.

Ein Bear

So Metal Gear Rising debuted at no2 in the UK charts (Crysis 3 came out on the same day which inevitably - although only by a few thousand copies IIRC - went to no1).

Be interesting to see how it does in the US and Japan. I can't see it doing worse than DmC.

Out of interest, do you know what the split between versions was? The UK is pretty big on Xbox, but I always think of Metal Gear as a Playstation brand, and that must be where a large chunk of the fanbase are. Curious to see how the sales played out.

schlew

I've seen questions regarding left hands asked before, but I'm still a bit confused.

Do I only bother when they're highlighted in the augmented mode (the enemies that have ID logs or whatever)? Or do I go after all the left hands I can get?

I've seen questions regarding left hands asked before, but I'm still a bit confused.

Do I only bother when they're highlighted in the augmented mode (the enemies that have ID logs or whatever)? Or do I go after all the left hands I can get?

Only when they're highlighted. There's only 30 IDs in the game to get and they're on specific enemies.

So this game...

Is so god-damn good. I know I'm near the end. And I don't want it to end...

Last time I felt this...

*snakesalute.gif*

Thank you Based P*

This game is insane! I'm stuck on
Armstrong
right now... gotta work on my parrying. But this boss fight is truly a contender for best boss fight ever.

Has anyone fought Sam without using a sub-weapon? As soon as I saw that tumbleweed roll by, i quickly paused, unequipped everything but the HF Blade and dueled honorably. To the death.

Nemesis_

Has anyone fought Sam without using a sub-weapon? As soon as I saw that tumbleweed roll by, i quickly paused, unequipped everything but the HF Blade and dueled honorably. To the death.

It's actually easier to, IMO. Other weapons are too slow / don't have enough damage output

noffles

Banned
It's actually easier to, IMO. Other weapons are too slow / don't have enough damage output

Charged pincer blades can win the battle without him even attacking you non-scripted. Pincer blades really are just the best sub-weapon though. I fucking love them.

Really? I always just stick to the default sword and never anything else. I thought I saw someone post that they used a fully upgraded pincer blade to great effect, maybe I was mistaken.

Edit:Ok, I guess I wasn't mistaken.
Charged pincer blades can win the battle without him even attacking you non-scripted. Pincer blades really are just the best sub-weapon though. I fucking love them.

You ain't truly Metal gear Rising'd unless you beat the game with nothing but your blade. I didn't even BUY a sub-weapon until my 2nd playthrough.

demidar

Armstrong
right now... gotta work on my parrying. But this boss fight is truly a contender for best boss fight ever.

I suppose I'll have to do that when I get up to that part, my honour's on the line!

All bets are off in Revengeance mode though.

Carbonox

PlatinumGames Facebook:

It was a total privilege to have Ferry Corsten feature on our soundtrack alongside Jamie Christopherson and the amazing John Bush. Thanks for the shout, Ferry! You can hear The Hot Wind Blowing in MGR soon. ;-)

This song isn't in the game at the moment so I wonder what it will appear in? Either of the Sam or BladeWolf DLC's?

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
Armstrong

I was wearing the pancho and sombrero outfit when i got to that part. I had only been using the HF blade for that first run through. I can say this, if I had been using secondaries I would have unequipped for that fight. It had to be an honorable fight between swordsman. A Brazilian acting like a Samurai and a Liberian dressed like a Mexican with a samurai sword. That was a Metal Gear moment.

You ain't truly Metal gear Rising'd unless you beat the game with nothing but your blade. I didn't even BUY a sub-weapon until my 2nd playthrough.

I'll have to try that on my next playthrough. But I had to use the polearm and sai against
the clones of Mistral and Monsoon. It felt good to use their own weapons against them

Monocle

The worst thing about the VR missions is how bloody long they take to restart. I got so tired of sitting through the intros over and over again when I was going for gold ranks earlier this weekend. I think quick restarting should be the absolute top priority in any game with challenges of this kind.

Mission 17 almost drove me to the brink of madness. I mean really, who designs these? This strategy worked perfectly until the final room. Ultimately it came down to getting lucky with blind missile shots. Go figure.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
PlatinumGames Facebook:

This song isn't in the game at the moment so I wonder what it will appear in? Either of the Sam or BladeWolf DLC's?

I was wondering what was going on there. Such an amazing song and it wasn't in there. I'm thinking from the lyrics its definitely Sam's DLC. Which already looks pretty fucking good. Is probably his entrance exam to Desperado, maybe its like the games version of Boss Rush.

Nemesis_

Really? I always just stick to the default sword and never anything else. I thought I saw someone post that they used a fully upgraded pincer blade to great effect, maybe I was mistaken.

Edit:Ok, I guess I wasn't mistaken.

Oh, well I might have my memory clouded by going only for S ranks. Beating Sam too quickly is useless for an S Rank :(

Nemesis_

So is no damage, apparently. I ended up with an A rank at the end of it. It probably wants you to rack up points for combos.

The way I did it was to take in 5 nanopastes, collect the ones on the field (to get extra BP) and then go for no damage.

The extra BP you get for the nanopaste is seemingly enough to ignore the other requirements (though I racked up a 50 hit combo just to be sure)

I can't seem to get anything other than a C on 03
the one with Monsoon, I think it's because of the Monsoon fight
. Anyone got any tips for that one?

Top Bottom