• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Hystzen

so apparently the voice of Raiden is gonna be at the Seattle Comic Con this weekend. whats the best raiden quote i should try to get him to say?

Could always do it MGS3 style and grab his crotch volgin style then say your not the major I know him very well

metal-gear-solid-3-snake-eater-20040713034443366.jpg

Kyon

Banned
Yeah, since the game is "selling well" and Kojima wants Platinum back for "round two" I hope they work together to have an action game/stealth game sandbox hybrid. Able to stealth the game a la old-school Metal Gear if you want but if you fuck up it's Ninja Raiden time.

Just fix the camera (if possible) add a block button (because Parry is pretty hit and miss, IMO), and do that and we're golden.

Not you wanting to make every action game Ninja Gaiden :p

Ein Bear

Huh, didn't realise you unlock the MGS4 body, minus the helmet, once you beat the game on Hard.

Slightly regret buying the DLC now. Oh well, it was only £1.50ish, and made my hard playthrough fun.

gryz

Banned
Huh, didn't realise you unlock the MGS4 body, minus the helmet, once you beat the game on Hard.

Slightly regret buying the DLC now. Oh well, it was only £1.50ish, and made my hard playthrough fun.

good to know, i was thinking about buying that. i've just been rocking the mariachi outfit

Hystzen

How the heel do you beat the final boss in this game?

If it glows yellow offensive defensive left or right

his attacks have long charge ups and easy to spot when about attack spent a few times just watching each animation and its attack. You be able figure out his ground punches which just use ninja run to distance self or his melee attacks. His moveset does not change from the start so dont worry apart from his green glowing mode then use Zan to cut the sweet spot quickly

ViviOggi

How the heel do you beat the final boss in this game?

Basically learn his moves and how to respond correctly. Some of them might feel cheap until you figure out how to counter them, personally I had the most problems with the lasting fire pillars that limit the arena. You have to Ninja Run (slide helps) past both waves, then you'll stand on the good half and can continue the fight without accidentally dodging into the pillars.

ViviOggi

What's the reward for rescuing the hostages by the way? I guess there's an achievement or title for securing all of them, in the demo you got an immediate S rank though. Seems like Platinum removed that.

Fabrik

Banned
Ok killed the last boss on Hard. Quite difficult and frustrating his last phase but it's very old-school. We're not used to difficult bosses anymore. Once you know his pattern by heart it's not too bad. You need at least 40 tries! In the end, it will be a memorable boss at least. It reminded me a bit of the Wesker boss fight in RE5.

I timed my playtime precisely. On the ending screen, it was 07H50. On the file screen 07H58 but my real total playtime was 12H08 including everything, retries and cutscenes. No pause. I used 101 continues.

Will post my final thoughts later.

I don't get it. I'm still missing sections in most chapters.

These should be all the optional encounters:

R-01: Backtrack to hammerhead arena after getting the first left hand, call for backup
R-02: Call for backup
R-03: Call for backup, turn left at rooftop stairs (should be after first rooftop battle, third rooftop) and open black box, kill all 5 enemies when Raiden is slowwalking before Monsoon
R-04: Kill all enemies before boarding elevator (they're not infinite), Backtrack to Body Double room after Sundowner cutscene
R-05: Enter room to the left of the level exit

Love the shit outta Jaffe but why the hell would he skip the tutorial for a unique game in a new spin-off series.

How does one S-Rank the triple Vodomjerka (water strider) encounter? Their stupid fire is unblockable and staggers me long enough for them to get a stupid spin attack in on me. I've tried perfect parrying, but they just strafe and shoot fire until I get careless and burn :/

Robot Pants

How does one S-Rank the triple Vodomjerka (water strider) encounter? Their stupid fire is unblockable and staggers me long enough for them to get a stupid spin attack in on me. I've tried perfect parrying, but they just strafe and shoot fire until I get careless and burn :/

I'd say if you have Ripper Mode, use that with the PoleArm and just start flailing away.

Dave_6

I attempted R-00 on Very Hard (used the Konami code) as I've only beaten it on Normal.

FUCK THAT. Between the camera issues and getting hit from all fucking sides, no fucking way. Nothing is worth that amount of frustration and anger.

joe2187

Banned
I attempted R-00 on Very Hard (used the Konami code) as I've only beaten it on Normal.

FUCK THAT. Between the camera issues and getting hit from all fucking sides, no fucking way. Nothing is worth that amount of frustration and anger.

Just S Ranked it...On revengeance. Only three tries.

The only battles that rank your score are the two ray fights, and those are easy as hell.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
The issue with game when it failed according to Kojima was due to the fact MGS style stealth does not work with a action game. The Stealth is fine at moment just make areas more open and give us extra routes around the area. Sandbox meh I don't think every game should be a sandbox just open up levels a bit

Well, I mean I should be able to save civilians and shit silently. They go "well, you can sneak if you want" but they don't build the levels for that, that's what I want: build the levels for me to stealth kill people and sneak by them if I choose. You can have your Ninja Raiden game while I have the ability to play Metal Ninja Raiden if I so choose.

David Jaffe said:
a- a good challenge but really not all that hard once you know what to do (I did skip the tutorial)

Ninja Dog confirmed. Go home and be a family man, Jaffe.

Raxus

*skips tutorial* *doesn't know how to play the game*

He kept pressing square square triangle and couldn't win, GoW SLAM!

In all seriousness the game spells out they you gotta use defense on enemies in the second tutorial. I wonder if he is playing on hard.

TheSeks

There's only Normal on the demo, right?

Right, but the little pop-up for parrying doesn't explain it as "direction of attack + square" so he's probably thinking "up + square" like the little pop-up help-hint says.

Which really would be solved if he played the damn tutorial. Being a game dev and not playing a tutorial and then complaining about difficulty? WTF.

Right, but the little pop-up for parrying doesn't explain it as "direction of attack + square" so he's probably thinking "up + square" like the little pop-up help-hint says.

Which really would be solved if he played the damn tutorial. Being a game dev and not playing a tutorial and then complaining about difficulty? WTF.

But isn't the tutorial in the demo just blade mode?

TheSeks

But isn't the tutorial in the demo just blade mode?

It explains attacking, it explains blade mode. It explains parrying (I think, or the final game is throwing me for a loop). It explains the Ninja Run in a fashion, as well, I think... or that's skipped over for the final version.

MormaPope

Banned
I thought of a way to get the 30 PS3 American exclusive VR missions for Xbox 360 owners in America a while back.

Simply create a Hotmail email that's bound to a European country, then create a 360 account using that email and set the account's location to somewhere in Europe and then download the VR mission pack on that account. Then move the pack to your normal gamertag/account.

I don;t know if the game will lock out that DLC when you try playing it, but I doubt it will and I'll test this idea out when the VR missions are released.

RangerBAD

If I replay a difficulty and my rank is lower in some sections that I already have an S in, will it be overwritten by the lower rank?

Roto13

It explains attacking, it explains blade mode. It explains parrying (I think, or the final game is throwing me for a loop). It explains the Ninja Run in a fashion, as well, I think... or that's skipped over for the final version.

No, the demo tutorial is literally just blade mode.
I thought of a way to get the 30 PS3 American exclusive VR missions for Xbox 360 owners in America a while back.

Simply create a Hotmail email that's bound to a European country, then create a 360 account using that email and set the account's location to somewhere in Europe and then download the VR mission pack on that account. Then move the pack to your normal gamertag/account.

I don;t know if the game will lock out that DLC when you try playing it, but I doubt it will and I'll test this idea out when the VR missions are released.
In most cases (or all cases), European DLC only works with European games.

Top Bottom