• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

It explains attacking, it explains blade mode. It explains parrying (I think, or the final game is throwing me for a loop). It explains the Ninja Run in a fashion, as well, I think... or that's skipped over for the final version.

I don't think they explain parrying in the demo tutorial. My head was going to explode until I came here and read how to parry. While it feels awesome to parry, I still don't like the mechanics of it. The gratifying feeling of it almooooost makes up for it, though. :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
No, the demo tutorial is literally just blade mode.
In most cases (or all cases), European DLC only works with European games.

DLC on PS3 is region free, apparently since some people in this thread have done it for other regions. No one has confirmed that for the 360 though.

MormaPope

Banned
No, the demo tutorial is literally just blade mode.
In most cases (or all cases), European DLC only works with European games.

Hmm, I've downloaded European only demos on the 360 before, never tried that with DLC. Isn't it up to the developer/publisher?

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Ugh, this is rather disappointing. I've no damage killed monsoon like 6 times now and the trophy will not register. I've been doing it on hard and I've gotten the no damage bonus every single time. This is really disappointing since it's the last no damage trophy I need. Anyone else have this bug?

Roto13

DLC on PS3 is region free, apparently since some people in this thread have done it for other regions. No one has confirmed that for the 360 though.

For this game? I've tried downloading European and Japanese DLC for my North American games before and it hasn't worked.

koryuken

Ugh, this is rather disappointing. I've no damage killed monsoon like 6 times now and the trophy will not register. I've been doing it on hard and I've gotten the no damage bonus every single time. This is really disappointing since it's the last no damage trophy I need. Anyone else have this bug?

No, but I have experienced very strange bugs in this fight... I had to basically quit the game and reload.

During the fight I couldn't use any items or go into blade mode. I thought this was a special fight since Raiden goes into Jack the Ripper Mode or whatever, so I just kept playing. Monsoon jumped on the wall to throw the giant exploding wheels of death, but never came back down. I had to quit and re-start to continue... Conclusion, this fight is very buggy.

RangerBAD

Starting to wonder if you have to S-rank it too.

MormaPope

Banned
For this game? I've tried downloading European and Japanese DLC for my North American games before and it hasn't worked.

I remember I tried to download the Japanese version of the RE5 demo and I was locked out of playing it. Other Japanese demos worked for me though, such as text based games and obscure fighters.

As far as DLC I've never tried.

I looked into it and you're right. Might not even attempt it if it almost never works.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Starting to wonder if you have to S-rank it too.

Well for the record I have S ranked it 4 out of those 6 attempts. I seriously think I'm just gonna have to wait on a patch ;__;

You having a similar problem?

No, but I have experienced very strange bugs in this fight... I had to basically quit the game and reload.

During the fight I couldn't use any items or go into blade mode. I thought this was a special fight since Raiden goes into Jack the Ripper Mode or whatever, so I just kept playing. Monsoon jumped on the wall to throw the giant exploding wheels of death, but never came back down. I had to quit and re-start to continue... Conclusion, this fight is very buggy.

Now that's really bizarre, I've only ever had a game breaking glitch like that once ever and it was a dwarf gekko that put me inside the ground so I couldn't move till I was killed.

RangerBAD

Well for the record I have S ranked it 4 out of those 6 attempts. I seriously think I'm just gonna have to wait on a patch ;__;

You having a similar problem?

Well, I got Mistral's without a problem and I S-ranked it. I know some of the other bosses have different conditions for S-rank. I just thought that might be it, but I was wrong.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Well, I got Mistral's without a problem and I S-ranked it. I know some of the other bosses have different conditions for S-rank. I just thought that might be it, but I was wrong.

Yeah I've gotten the no damage trophy for mistral, sundowner, sam and armstrong with absolutely no issue. The monsoon one is just totally fucked for some reason, this shit will just not unlock.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Yes, Roto, for this game. Why else would I say "in this thread?" :p

Yeah, since the game is "selling well" and Kojima wants Platinum back for "round two" I hope they work together to have an action game/stealth game sandbox hybrid. Able to stealth the game a la old-school Metal Gear if you want but if you fuck up it's Ninja Raiden time.

Just fix the camera (if possible) add a block button (because Parry is pretty hit and miss, IMO), and do that and we're golden.

A block button would only make people turtle up and completely downplay the multi hit attacks that force you mash out parry commands. Combat flow would be ruined. All they need to do is fix the camera and adjust combat so that enemies don't attack from off screen, at least not without significant warning.

A block button would only make people turtle up and completely downplay the multi hit attacks that force you mash out parry commands. Combat flow would be ruined. All they need to do is fix the camera and adjust combat so that enemies don't attack from off screen, at least not without significant warning.

And they either need to rip out the stealth or fix it? They sure as hell can't do that shit twice.

Y'know with VR missions having gold times that don't give much margin for error it would be nice if the game didn't stall with the zandatsu prompt when you cut a guy but don't want to go through the whole animation.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
OH WOW, apparently saving while injured fucks up the no damage trophy even if you restart fresh and get a no damage bonus. That explains everything since at the beginning I would always back out and put on Wig A for infinite EMP nades since I was out. And I would always get hit once. Haha holy shit alright gonna give it another go now.

jett

D-Member
now S rank it.

Fuck no. :lol Not while this game is glitched and randomly decides to not give you no damage bonuses for the bosses.

Rev diff was super frustrating. Most attacks kill you in one hit.

For comparison's sake: Died 11 times in normal mode(mostly set-piece BS), died 109 times in Revengeance. :p

IJoel

Alright, I'm going to try that last boss one more time. I also just realized there's an easy BP farming spot at the start of mission 7.
Just after the gate, there's a silver crate with 5K BP. You don't even need to fight enemies, just zip right to the crate, open it, then customize. Rinse and repeat.

Astral

Why the FUCK is that walking battle before Monsoon ranked? WHY!? I've spent an hour trying to do it without getting shot by one little bullet.

Monocle

Yay, I just unlocked the long sword by gold ranking all the VR missions! (Hint for mission 19: use the pincer blades and you'll be able to clear it in under 5 minutes with a little practice.) I'm not sure how it compares with the regular HF blade in terms of strength, but I'm loving the extra range. And it just looks cool.

jett

D-Member
Yes you do. The most points I can get without the No Damage bonus is 4000. I need 5000 for an S. And I just did it. Fuck that fight. After that I can't wait to fight a bunch of Mastiffs.

I got an S on that thing without the no damage bonus. I just had to kill everyone.

Defunkled

FINALLY got Gold on all the VR Missions. Quick question: in order to get the trophy for acquiring all the customization items, do I just have to unlock everything? Or do I have to fully upgrade everything? Because I think I've already unlocked it all.

Hypron

Hmmm... I'm just wondering, how much damage do mastifs do in Revengeance mode? I've only got 180% life so far and several of their attacks one shot me... Is that always the case even when you are at 200% health or do their attacks do something like 180/190% damage?

Thanks.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Goddamn this game is good. It's clicked so well for me at this point too. I was able to take out half of (chapter 4 boss)
Sundowner's
health with a single combo and took no damage on the (final boss)
real fight with Armstrong
. I should probably raise the difficulty now. :lol

I decided to keep it on Normal since I'm usually not too good at these kinds of games but I feel pretty confident in moving up now.

jett

D-Member
Hmmm... I'm just wondering, how much damage do mastifs do in Revengeance mode? I've only got 180% life so far and several of their attacks one shot me... Is that always the case even when you are at 200% health or do their attacks do something like 180/190% damage?

Thanks.

All of their melee attacks kill you in one hit.

Thanks.

Well, the overhead slam does 200%, but also stuns which guarantees another slam for 200%. So one of their attacks actually does 400% damage! It's also the hardest of their moves to perfect parry.

Their arms can get cut off really easily though, and that removes most of the risk since they will only do the dropkick which is the easiest move to perfect parry against.

Haha, Gekkos are some shit in VR, seems like pure luck whether you take them out in a couple seconds or take a whole minute on one. Perfect parries end up being pointless on some attacks when they just jump out of the way.

Neiteio

No, you parry them, and that's that. Or use the armor breaker weapon. That thing was a godsend for Revengeance.
I was thinking more like crowd control situations, I.E. three Mastiffs in one tiny room, lol.

Unless you're talking increased perfect parry damage unique to Revengeance mode.

jett

D-Member
I should really use the Unique Weapons more. It just always feels weird to me to not have the standard Heavy Attacks for the sword handy. The Pole Arm is the only one that seems useful.

People are mistakenly ignoring the Pincer Blades. When you're in the middle of a charged attack they grant you super armor, meaning any attack against you will hit for minimal damage(one, two percent).

I was thinking more like crowd control situations, I.E. three Mastiffs in one tiny room, lol.

Unless you're talking increased perfect parry damage unique to Revengeance mode.

Well yes. :p A single counter parry kills them in Revengeance.

Neiteio

People are mistakenly ignoring the Pincer Blades. When you're in the middle of a charged attack they grant you super armor, meaning any attack against you will hit for minimal damage(one, two percent)
Neat observation. Does the super armor on the pincer blades prevent knockback, as well?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
People are mistakenly ignoring the Pincer Blades. When you're in the middle of a charged attack they grant you super armor, meaning any attack against you will hit for minimal damage(one, two percent).

Oh, that's awesome. I should try those out a bit more.

Top Bottom