• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The box art could be Raiden one side and Gray Fox on the other, with a blade slicing right down the middle [all in Yuji Shinkawa's art, of course].

The tagline could read: "Sometimes, the difference between right and wrong becomes Gray..."

Platinum Games/Konami, please make it happen.

HHHnnnnnggggg...

Amazing tagline

I feel like doing something with Gray Fox would be difficult since there aren't other cyborgs to fight. Nothing could stand up to him and having him cutting apart normal people would make the game a tough sell in Japan.

Yeah, pretty much. You could have him fighting Metal Gear Gs and other prototype stuff. Dudes in powered suits, maybe, or other cyborg ninjas. Maybe there could be some twist on Zandatsu too.

My idea was to have the DLC start with the fist fight against Snake at the end of Metal Gear 2 (like R-00 your HUD would be different, like MG2's HUD, and of course you'd lose). It would then cut to you being revived by Dr. Clark, escaping your room, utterly destroying whatever is in your way until you get contacted by someone
(the player would later find out it's EVA)
who tells you that Dr. Clark did this, and to kill her. Basically, Gray Fox: Revengeance. Just a couple of hours of carnage in a Patriot facility.

Defunkled

Holy hell, you guys weren't kidding about the Fox Blade being broken. I just upgraded it all the way and dudes are in 6 pieces after just 2 light attacks from this thing. How does it fare in Revengeance mode? I assume the speed with which it kills would make it easier to get the No Damage bonus in most fights.

chrono01

....Have you thought about this already?

Cause I now want to pre-order that. 5 star tagline. Wonderful.

Nope, I just thought of that when I read your post. I had a vision in my head, of what I thought would work. The tagline, I was especially proud over. I'm glad you thought so as well. :)

Here's hoping it [eventually] becomes a reality.

Maybe...one day...

Raxus

Holy hell, you guys weren't kidding about the Fox Blade being broken. I just upgraded it all the way and dudes are in 6 pieces after just 2 light attacks from this thing. How does it fare in Revengeance mode? I assume the speed with which it kills would make it easier to get the No Damage bonus in most fights.

It is the best weapon against cannon fodder. Bosses are best handled with the Muramusa though since it is faster.

bobbyflay

Neo Member
I don't even understand the continued Gray Fox obsession after this game. His design is still great, but Raiden's become way more entertaining.

Now fighting a cyborg clone of Gray Fox in the sequel? I'd be down for that. Like if someone created him just to hunt down Raiden who's (RISING END SPOILERS)
globetrotting to take out PMCs
and you cross paths with him multiple times like Jeanne in Bayo.

not bad

The box art could be Raiden one side and Gray Fox on the other, with a blade slicing right down the middle [all in Yuji Shinkawa's art, of course].

The tagline could read: "Sometimes, the difference between right and wrong becomes Gray..."

Platinum Games/Konami, please make it happen.

Ooooh. Gray Fox being "resurrected" could be a part of some initiative to recreate the greatest soldiers in cyborg form like what was done with
Mistral and Monsoon
. Whatever organization trying to do this could be seeking Raiden in order to kill and replace him. That'd give them an excuse to bring back Solidus and have an amazing boss fight between him, Raiden and Gray Fox

Equip wig B + max out FOX blade + enter Ripper-mode = ?

Hypron

I finally got past that fight...

Spoilerish image

I had to resort to using health items, and spam l'étranger in ripper mode. Man I'll need to get a lot better at this game if I ever want to get those S rankings...

IJoel

My loathe for this game's manual slashing mechanics knows no bounds!
So I finally get to the very last part of the final boss, and die trying to hit the damn boxes (not the tanks he throws at me).

Done.

branny

Camera against the dog was awful
Did you use the camera lock-on? In the demo, it auto-locks for you, but it doesn't do that in the full version for some reason.

TBH, I only have camera problems in this game when I'm near walls. Getting hit by stuff I can't see is my fault, but my parries getting fucked up because of a spastic camera near a wall isn't. =\

the chris

I just saw this conversation a few minutes ago. Bladewolf needs his own spinoff game now

He's getting his own DLC in a month or so.

Also, fuck(last boss spoiler)
Armstrong. When he throws the debris at you I have no problem hitting the first one but for some reason I can never get the slash right on the second piece of debris. Anybody have any tips?

branny

Also, fuck(last boss spoiler)
Armstrong. When he throws the debris at you I have no problem hitting the first one but for some reason I can never get the slash right on the second piece of debris. Anybody have any tips?
Use both sticks. You have to completely re-align yourself for those, not just slash with the right analog. Make sure you see the little crosses pop up in your reticule boxes.

Use both sticks. You have to completely re-align yourself for those, not just slashing with the right analog. Make sure you see the little crosses pop up in your reticule boxes.

Alternatively, you can just run straight when that happens to avoid it completely. But if you can successfully pull off the cuts, you can pick up some nano paste. And people have been saying they did the cut with 2 or 3 reticule boxes targeted.

Did you use the camera lock-on? In the demo, it auto-locks for you, but it doesn't do that in the full version for some reason.

TBH, I only have camera problems in this game when I'm near walls. Getting hit by stuff I can't see is my fault, but my parries getting fucked up because of a spastic camera near a wall isn't. =

Nope. I was pretty sure the camera in the demo was fine compared to final game but I didn't ask because it didn't occur to me.

How do I do it?

branny

Nope. I was pretty sure the camera in the demo was fine compared to final game but I didn't ask because it didn't occur to me.

How do I do it?
R2 on PS3, Right Bumper on 360 (IIRC).

You can cycle through targets with the right analog, too. :)

Yeah, bladewolf is fine with lock on.

The RAY though? Fucking awful. Worst camera issues in the game happen to me on that thing.
Thankfully the camera has always been relatively okay for me on that one, but I have had auto-attack lock on problems during the fight, seemingly more often than in any other area of the game thus far (though that may change with more playtime, surely). Aiming for its foot, Raiden? OKAY! TIME TO SLASH AT THE EMPTY SPACE BETWEEN ITS LEGS FOR NO REASON AT ALL

edit: This is probably just its tail and face messing things up, actually.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Yeah, bladewolf is fine with lock on.

The RAY though? Fucking awful. Worst camera issues in the game happen to me on that thing.

noffles

Banned
Have any of you guys accidentally de-handed someone in ripper mode yet? It's great how a little detail like that gets into the game.

the chris

Alternatively, you can just run straight when that happens to avoid it completely. But if you can successfully pull off the cuts, you can pick up some nano paste. And people have been saying they did the cut with 2 or 3 reticule boxes targeted.

Best advice ever, managed to finally beat him before I go to bed. You are truly one of the great ones.

Armstrong fight is fine. the problem is those fucking boulders man. that's what got me killed so many times. i only did it once to get the health drops from it and after that I ran in front of them because i didn't want to deal with that shit anymore lol

Ken

STANDING HERE, I REALIZE
YOU WERE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

*woosh*

RAIDEN? RAIDEN?? RAIDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MormaPope

Banned
Holy shit, perfect parries in Revengeance mode are no joke.
Just did one with Mistral when the fight was on the pipeline, dropped her health from 70% down to 0.1% after one parry

Does the machete parry differently than the other swords? I seem to much more consistently achieve parries with it.

And one of the best feelings is parrying the swordsmen's attacks four times in a row and launching them into the air for a zandatsu. Even better when you manage to parry attacks from them on both sides, then do it, though that's rare.

You are truly one of the great ones.

Is this a "A Bronx Tale" reference?

I didn't realize that VR 18 was pretty much OHKO on you, I almost beat it on my first try but the revelation is mindfucking me on the attempts afterwards. Still, it doesn't seem so bad.

Carbonox

YO FUCK THAT FIRST GRAD FIGHT ON VERY HARD

Seriously the camera.

THE CAMERA

WONT SOMEONE THINK OF THE CAMERA

Somehow still got an A but still. Jesus. I couldn't stop laughing. Two of them are skating around firing rockets and their machine guns non-stop. Camera can't keep track.

MormaPope

Banned
Jamming grenades can actually effect normal enemies very well, using one allows you to get right in their face before they can go into alert mode.

It buys you time to get a jump on enemies before they enter alert mode basically.

Seriously the camera.

THE CAMERA

Somehow still got an A but still. Jesus. I couldn't stop laughing. Two of them are skating around firing rockets and their machine guns non-stop. Camera can't keep track.

Right off the bat use a electronic grenade on the boss version, enter ripper mode and kill the non boss grad before the boss one is unstunned. Makes the fight a lot easier.

Seriously the camera.

THE CAMERA

That fight made me realize that ripper mode + pincer blades must be just a bit too powerful considering you can destroy the none-boss GRAD in one hit.

That gamestop preorder artbook is actually pretty nice considering it's just a bonus item. I'm almost tempted to remove some of the pages and frame them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ninja Theory I can only assume has incriminating evidence and continues to get contracts through blackmail or something.

Come on now. That last game wasn't that bad. I like both for separate reasons, and I'm sure this topic has been covered a dozen times.

Plus Metal Gear characters are much cooler looking than DMC ones. remake or normal.

danmaku

Come on now. That last game wasn't that bad. I like both for separate reasons, and I'm sure this topic has been covered a dozen times.

Plus Metal Gear characters are much cooler looking than DMC ones. remake or normal.

Regardless of what you think of their games (I think DmC was good), they keep selling like shit. At least Grasshopper games are dirt cheap to make, NT always have AAA budgets yet never meet sales objectives.

Top Bottom