• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

noffles

Banned
I'm really not getting the issue with the cutting part of that fight...

There is absolutely no difficulty in it.

im just wondering whats the better wig for a revengence runthrough Wig B or Blade Mode wig

Well, they're the same thing, so I don't know how to advise you.

geebee

Banned
Are there names for the girls in the posters? Especially the cardboard stand(before the cut) lol

Also, Jack's Ripper voice is hilarious. It makes the cutscenes a lot more entertaining at least in terms of dialog.

Hystzen

I'm really not getting the issue with the cutting part of that fight...

There is absolutely no difficulty in it.

Well, they're the same thing, so I don't know how to advise you.

it depends if you only ever used face buttons for cutting if you used analog from start you sorted. It also gives you a ot of time to line up the cut so it not exactly crushing you mentally

Carbonox

Are there names for the girls in the posters? Especially the cardboard stand(before the cut) lol

Also, Jack's Ripper voice is hilarious. It makes the cutscenes a lot more entertaining at least in terms of dialog.

I GUESS I'M A TWO PERCENTER HUH? HAHAHAHAHAA

duckroll

it depends if you only ever used face buttons for cutting if you used analog from start you sorted. It also gives you a ot of time to line up the cut so it not exactly crushing you mentally

If a player only uses the face buttons for Blade Mode, they're clearly doing it wrong. It would also make the boss fights with Mistral, Monsoon, and Sundowner longer than they have to be, since there are parts of all those fights where using manual Blade Mode makes the fights way easier.

Hystzen

If a player only uses the face buttons for Blade Mode, they're clearly doing it wrong. It would also make the boss fights with Mistral, Monsoon, and Sundowner longer than they have to be, since there are parts of all those fights where using manual Blade Mode makes the fights way easier.

I only used stick I had no idea could do face buttons til late in chapter 5, Sundowner don't really need to cut just keep attack his back never need destroy the shield.

anybody got a gif of the moment from chapter 3

When Raiden spots the RPG and Bladewolf "wakes up" from backseat of car then sees the rocket, shakes his head then both close AR visor

njean777

Beat this game twice so far, I like how its kinda short enough to play through in 2- 3 sittings for me. I mean I could do it in one, but I usually like to get up and do something for a bit.

GrayFoxPL

Big Boss would like a word with you.

;)

Radec

Whats the easiest way to get those left hands?

I got a few but keep seeing "Left Hand" when i attack but they dissappear immediately.

Roto13

I got a few but keep seeing "Left Hand" when i attack but they dissappear immediately.

You only collect specific left hands. If you see a diamond on the person in AR mode, or a spot on their arm in blade mode, you can collect their hands. You have to cut off the arm without damaging the hand for it to work.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Yeah I don't see how people could get passed any of the bosses blade mode aspects reliably without using the stick manually. but alot of people have claimed to and as a result have called out "bad design" at the last boss for being the only thing in the game that requires it.

joe2187

Banned

You can check for enemies that have the left hand by going into AR mode and looking for the ones with the blinking diamond Icon on them.

You'll notice the glowing left arm when your in blade mode you have to line it up on the green area to cut it off correctly, otherwise you'll miss it or destroy the arm.

McNum

Only certain left hands count. They'll be highlighted with a pulsing diamond in AR view. You really can't miss it in AR view. The hand will also be highlighted in red in Blade Mode, as well as the upper arm in blue. Cut through the blue area and avoid the red. Another hand for the collection.

Doktor was such a badass after the sundowner fight.

RAIDEN!....

have a nice flight.

Doktor might be my favourite support character in the whole Metal Gear series. Really likeable, and I love his codec conversations about how he takes care of
the cyborg brains he picked up from Mexico
. Far from the Otacon I thought he was going to be.

Hystzen

Doktor might be my favourite support character in the whole Metal Gear series. Really likeable, and I love his codec conversations about how he takes care of

And his comment about Mistrals chest area is fascinating

gdt

Just finished it, on hard. What an amazing game. Doing a Very Hard run now....when do I get all my upgrades back...after the prologue?

So what changes on Hard Difficulty compared to normal? Is it just damage increase, or will bosses use differing patterns and different enemy placement in levels?

Is there a way to stop Armstrong from regenerating his health?

Get real close and line up the blade. It will ding or turn to an x when it's accurate.

PS.
I ran to the corner and hid under the rubble he throws when Senator is dropped below 160%. I could not for the life of me line up the 4 areas that were necessary to be cut in blade mode otherwise.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So what changes on Hard Difficulty compared to normal? Is it just damage increase, or will bosses use differing patterns and different enemy placement in levels?

Different enemy placement and different boss patterns as well. That goes for pretty much every difficulty.

Kusagari

Am I the only one that couldn't help but giggle every time they talked about
brains
? It just sounded so absurd.

Revven

I think boss AI is different in some way; they take more hits as well. You also come across new enemies in the levels that otherwise wouldn't show up until later in a Normal playthrough. Regular enemies also take more hits (but I guess if you use the Muramasa it's not as bad as, say, if you started on Hard with no upgrades like I did).

I wouldn't pass up playing the harder difficulties. It would be a sorely missed opportunity.

Different enemy placement and different boss patterns as well. That goes for pretty much every difficulty.

Nice! That really makes me want to hurry up and kick
Armstrong's
ass and up the ante on challenge. I loved the boss fights, but felt they were too easy overall. Glad to hear hard (and beyond) is worthwhile. So many codecs left to hear as well.

I think boss AI is different in some way; they take more hits as well. You also come across new enemies in the levels that otherwise wouldn't show up until later in a Normal playthrough. Regular enemies also take more hits (but I guess if you use the Muramasa it's not as bad as, say, if you started on Hard with no upgrades like I did).

I wouldn't pass up playing the harder difficulties. It would be a sorely missed opportunity.

Very few games make me want to play them all over immediately after finishing them. This is certainly one of them. So glad the game has a short length. One of my friends didn't even want to buy it because he said "lol it's four hours long". To me 4-5 hours is a perfect length. I actually get tired of overly long bloated games nowadays.

Neiteio

Doktor is a GREAT character. At first I thought he was a morally ambiguous profiteer, but it quickly becomes clear he has a good heart. And that accent! Love him to pieces.

Actually, I quite like all of the Maverick Security people -- Boris, Kev, Courtney, etc. Nice people in a not-so-nice world.

On another note... I don't recall hearing the "Guess I'm a two-percenter" line. Was that somewhere in the game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Am I the only one that couldn't help but giggle every time they talked about
brains
? It just sounded so absurd.

It was juuuuust on the edge of me being able to take it with a straight face.

Nice! That really makes me want to hurry up and kick
Armstrong's
ass and up the ante on challenge. I loved the boss fights, but felt they were too easy overall. Glad to hear hard (and beyond) is worthwhile. So many codecs left to hear as well.

With your upgrades, you may want to even jump straight to Very Hard, if that's possible.

On another note... I don't recall hearing the "Guess I'm a two-percenter" line. Was that somewhere in the game?

It's in a codec conversation with... Boris, I believe?

Guess Who

Banned
I don't see what's so inherently absurd about
taking people's brains and putting them in artificial bodies to become war machines

Dawg

Apparently, the fox blade is great for achieving S ranks.

Can anyone confirm (on revengeance, that is) ? Some people say it is, but other people say it kills foes too quick (not enough combo bonus), but no damage bonusses should be really easy with it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Can anyone confirm (on revengeance, that is) ? Some people say it is, but other people say it kills foes too quick (not enough combo bonus), but no damage bonusses should be really easy with it.

If you don't update the "one-hit" chance, it is good for Revengence. Just ninja run around people light slashing to build combos and a possible one-hit chance.

It's pretty godlike with Wig B. No damage bonus, time bonus, BP for cutting body parts. Just remember to get a Zandetsu every now and again.

Obvously this is just general and it changes from battle to tbattle, but Fox Blade is really good for S-Ranks

But that won't save you from no-damaging Monsoon, or that fuckin' lobby fight, or three Mastiffs in a small room doing lightening fast one-hit kill attacks from off-fuckin'-screen

Neiteio

I didn't really understand the brain concept at first, but after rewatching the cutscene preceding Sundowner's fight, it's clear that
these are literal brains extracted from vagrant children, submitted to VR training to become killers and ultimately outfitted with shiny new cyborg bodies, what Sundowner called a "graduation present," all with the intent to commit terrorist attacks and destabilize regions to sustain war.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
But that won't save you from no-damaging Monsoon, or that fuckin' lobby fight, or three Mastiffs in a small room doing lightening fast one-hit kill attacks from off-fuckin'-screen

Will I need to No Damage Monsoon on Revengeance for that S-Rank? I can't remember if the Perfect Parry actually does damage before it intiates the Zandatsu.

I didn't really understand the brain concept at first, but after rewatching the cutscene preceding Sundowner's fight, it's clear that
these are literal brains extracted from vagrant children, submitted to VR training to become killers and ultimately outfitted with shiny new cyborg bodies, what Sundowner called a "graduation present," all with the intent to commit terrorist attacks and destabilize regions to sustain war.

That's the entire plot and motivation of Raiden.

Revven

Very few games make me want to play them all over immediately after finishing them. This is certainly one of them. So glad the game has a short length. One of my friends didn't even want to buy it because he said "lol it's four hours long". To me 4-5 hours is a perfect length. I actually get tired of overly long bloated games nowadays.

This game is one of the very few single player games where I've replayed it almost three times before the 1st week of owning it has been up. I actually feel the desire to get everything I can because of how good it is; the length of the game just helps making that goal less time consuming.

This game just feels so right. It's a huge bonus the difficulties actually change more than just how much health Raiden has or how much health the enemies have. Changing up enemy placement, AI, and boss patterns is so lovely to see in 2013; where other developers don't even tweak AI.

Kusagari

I don't see what's so inherently absurd about
taking people's brains and putting them in artificial bodies to become war machines

notsureifserious.jpg.

But really I had no problem with the idea itself. I'm more talking about the dialogue and hearing Raiden say stuff like
"WE NEED TO GET THOSE BRAINS BACK!"

joe2187

Banned

Yes

In fact this is true for all cyborgs in the game, inlcuding bosses and raiden....with the exclusion of final boss....because....nanomachines

Top Bottom