• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Sgblues

You know, there's a codec conversation with Herr Doktor in which he says a HF blade isn't like a plasma sword in that it can't cut everything Raiden comes across and I guess the credits are one of those things haha.

ezekial45

Banned
Do the other swords (besides the Fox Blade) offer any worthwhile advantages over the upgraded Muramasa blade? I appreciate the additional swords, but by the time you get them you're so used to the power of the Muramasa that these extra weapons just don't seem to compare.

RangerBAD

Do the other swords (besides the Fox Blade) offer any worthwhile advantages over the upgraded Muramasa blade? I appreciate the additional swords, but by the time you get them you're so used to the power of the Muramasa that these extra weapons just don't seem to compare.

Kabutowari offers armor breaking properties. The Murasama is the fastest and strongest sword it seems.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Holy shit, the first encounter of R-00 Very Hard is kicking my ass coming from Hard. Parry, eat an attack. Parry two people, eat a Gekko charge. Gekko stabby QTE, get kicked in the ass by three infantry coming off the QTE.

Take them out, Gekko proceeds to charge.

Damn, and I have to S-rank this in REVEGEANCE later?

McNum

I'm kind of liking the idea of the Stun Blade, but I'll have to unlock it first. Thinking of doing a Collectibles run next. Just beating up foes, skipping cutscenes, and grabbing every collectible in the game. Life ups, Data, VR Missions, and maybe hands. At least I'll grab a hand if it's reasonably possible so I can get my 20th. Should also get me the BP needed to upgrade Raiden to 200%/200% and the HF Blade to 5/5/5.

RangerBAD

Holy shit, the first encounter of R-00 Very Hard is kicking my ass coming from Hard. Parry, eat an attack. Parry two people, eat a Gekko charge. Gekko stabby QTE, get kicked in the ass by three infantry coming off the QTE.

In Revengeance, perfect parry destroys people.

I have not been this fucking angry with a final boss in so long. For some reason during the
blade mode part that's similar to monsoon's
the camera keeps jerking down and I'm not sure if it's me or the camera system fucking up, but I'm about to chuck my controller through the nearest large window. Someone please tell me there's a way to avoid that part, PLEASE.

In Revengeance, any single hit that you've just mentioned will one shot you

TheSeks

In Revengeance, perfect parry destroys people.

Yeah, but the problem here is I'm getting destroyed.

Someone please tell me there's a way to avoid that part, PLEASE.

The throwing shit at you? Just ninja run at him. You'll avoid the attack, easily. The regen part? Blade mode and slightly tap up on the stick/camera control for blade mode and then square/triangle the Zendatsu part. Easy peasy.

McNum

I have not been this fucking angry with a final boss in so long. For some reason during the
blade mode part that's similar to monsoon's
the camera keeps jerking down and I'm not sure if it's me or the camera system fucking up, but I'm about to chuck my controller through the nearest large window. Someone please tell me there's a way to avoid that part, PLEASE.
There is. Happy?

Okay, what you can do is
Ninja Run forward to get under him
. But you have to be fast.

KorrZ

Just beat the game. Really, really enjoyed it overall.

One thing that annoyed me to no end:

Chapter 6 boss
Here we have this bad ass Samurai style duel between Raiden and Sam, it's a great fight and then all of a sudden in the final phase of it Sam just runs away non stop so you have to chase him? What the fuck man? Could have been such a sweet fight if they didn't ruin it in the end....

There is. Happy?

Okay, what you can do is
Ninja Run forward to get under him
. But you have to be fast.

Yes. Very much more so, but I'm not gonna try again yet. Thanks.

The throwing shit at you? Just ninja run at him. You'll avoid the attack, easily. The regen part? Blade mode and slightly tap up on the stick/camera control for blade mode and then square/triangle the Zendatsu part. Easy peasy.

Yeah, the first part was the kicker. I can't believe I never thought of that, geez.

TheSeks

It's not like I can't destroy these fools, it's just the stupid attacks coming from all angles and you can't parry them all. Parry two, get one jumping in from the left, die. Parry one dude coming at you, another attack starts up and hits you as you're parrying the first attack. It's so damn annoying. I could pass this part if I could get some health AND only have to parry one at a time instead of three attacks from four different angles.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's not like I can't destroy these fools, it's just the stupid attacks coming from all angles and you can't parry them all. Parry two, get one jumping in from the left, die. Parry one dude coming at you, another attack starts up and hits you as you're parrying the first attack. It's so damn annoying. I could pass this part if I could get some health AND only have to parry one at a time instead of three attacks from four different angles.

Why are you standing in the middle of them if you can't parry from different angles?

Revven

I'm all prepped for Very Hard, fully upgraded health + Wig B is a GO!

Is Stun Blade useful at all? Or should I just stick to the Murasama for most of Very hard?

The grunts are very easy to perfect parry, and if you get the counter you're invulnerable and have an extremely damaging attack that hits in a 90 degree cone in front of you, which is very good even without the damage buff it gets in Revengeance difficulty.

If you run into that problem after the prologue just do the parry evade cancel. Do a dodge at the parry flash if you know you aren't going to get the counter, which should prevent you from getting locked down. I do it even in revengeance difficulty against sword elites because it stops their combo cold and you aren't forced to block 5 more attacks.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think I only just realised that Bladewolf is the exact same wolf you fought in the beginning of the game.
That part of the story confused me. I should listen to more of the codecs

On a side note watching Mistral's opening dialogue before the boss battle me me nostalgic of the past boss battles in the metal gear series. Anyone know if someone complied all the boss intro dialogue in one video?

jett

D-Member
That part of the story confused me. I should listen to more of the codecs

On a side note watching Mistral's opening dialogue before the boss battle me me nostalgic of the past boss battles in the metal gear series. Anyone know if someone complied all the boss intro dialogue in one video?

Codecs aren't that much help. Often there's absolutely no segue from one chapter to another.

Astral

Oh man, I almost had a heart attack. I forgot to make an extra file before the Sundowner fight but I got EXACTLY the point requirement for an S rank against him.

Midou

Chapter 6 boss
Here we have this bad ass Samurai style duel between Raiden and Sam, it's a great fight and then all of a sudden in the final phase of it Sam just runs away non stop so you have to chase him? What the fuck man? Could have been such a sweet fight if they didn't ruin it in the end....

I don't remember that specifically..
I always just used the (forward + forward + triangle) attack that dashed really far towards an enemy if someone wasn't in my immediate range, don't remember doing a lot of running around

Ah woop! I did it, I fucking did it. 50 tries and the final boss goes down. That was quite literally the most intense battle I have ever experienced in a videogame. I almost feel like crying tears of victory after that. Such an amazing feeling.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
actually no. If you call doktor after you beat bladewolf, raiden asks if he can repair it.

Codecs aren't that much help. Often there's absolutely no segue from one chapter to another.

I wish the story filled in that part instead of listening to a codec. I cut that dog boss into tiny pieces. Oh well it's not like the rest of the story make a lick of sense.

Got the game, started a playthrough on hard. Nothing too challenging yet tho I am still at the beginning.

Question: how does parry/counterattack work? I fought the boss from the demo and sometimes raiden just blocks the attack and leaves a big distance between enemy making followup attacks hard. Sometimes he counters right away and leaves the enemy open for followups. Is there some system to make him counter or is it random?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm on very hard and I really want more BP. Maybe I should do an easy mode run to farm it...

R-02 where you first meet the GRAD is a good place to farm. Directly across the room from where you start there's a chest worth 5000 BP. Open it, grab the chip, and go directly to the upgrade menu. It'll save the credits you just got. When you leave the menu it'll start the checkpoint over and the chest will respawn. Repeat until satisfied. Boring but effective.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I wish the story filled in that part instead of listening to a codec. I cut that dog boss into tiny pieces. Oh well it's not like the rest of the story make a lick of sense.

He says he had Doktor repair him in one of the main cutscenes I think.(when they're in the car heading to the sewers)

maks

Does the end game screen only count your best times in Ranked Battles? Or does it count everything that occurs during gameplay including your best times in Ranked Battles?

Halfway through what I can only assume is the final battle, and holy shit, this is awesome. THIS IS AWESOME. This game is awesome. I knew I'd like it, but damn.

I do think it feels rushed, though. Very obviously a game that had a major shift midway through development. I really hope we get to see a sequel built from the ground up by Platinum.

Neiteio

Wow, the pizza in this game actually makes me hungry. They seriously did a good job rendering that. Looks delicious.
Ha! They really did do a good job on the pizza. The guy's facial animation in that scene was commendable, as well. And judging from his reading material, he probably had something... RISING... in his pantsu... Fufufufufufu!

I do think it feels rushed, though. Very obviously a game that had a major shift midway through development. I really hope we get to see a sequel built from the ground up by Platinum.

It's definitely rushed as they had less than two years to develop it, which is unheard for such a big named title during this generation. But what they pulled off is quite amazing. I don't think that any other developer could've done this.

Veelk

Banned

So long as you didn't cut his core brain, it doesn't really matter how much you cut him up. LQ-84 bodies are easy to get a hold of and Doc would just need to modify the head part.

It seemed obvious to me.

BEKXtC6CEAAcbfm.jpg:large

tumblr_lc7ctymMnX1qe867oo1_500.jpg

Top Bottom