• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WEMqNUx.png

I think he rikes my tweet.

Sweet! All of Platinum should celebrate this game. Cannot wait to see what he tweets about the last boss.

I was having some trouble no-damaging Sam on hard since I always choke up and get tagged by a stray hit here and there, so I went balls out and tried it on Revengeance, first try, 2 perfect parries later Sam was dead, I got the achievement and the whole fight took 40 seconds.

Is there any point to buying the -1 for the Wooden Sword? I want to get everything for completion's sake but I don't want to make the weapon worse. Is it toggleable or does it make it a better nonlethal weapon?

Check to see if any other upgrades for weapons are toggleable first. I know moves are.

Man the parry system is so much fun,glad to see it doing well sales wise.

I remember the first chapter and a half feeling rather frustrated and underwhelmed by the game. Then parrying just clicked all of a sudden and made me feel like an incredible badass. At first I was annoyed because it didn't have a "hold whatever button to block"mechanic, but that mindset went away very quickly once I got swept up into the awesomeness of it all. Loved how the bosses MADE you learn to play right instead of being able to cheese them through random sword swipes.

Revven

Neat little thing about the MGS4 Raiden skin you can get.

During the final boss, when
Armstrong breaks the AR visor, the visor from MGS4 for the skin is also actually gone.
Other developers would have been lazy and not made that coding difference. Pretty cool.

Dead

well not really...yet

Armstrong breaks the AR visor, the visor from MGS4 for the skin is also actually gone.
Other developers would have been lazy and not made that coding difference. Pretty cool.
Would be amazing if Grey Fox mask also
shattered
lol

Considering MGS4 raiden is just prologue raiden with a helmet, they'd better put some sort of work into the skin

Revven

Also, I cannot stop watching the final boss' cutscenes every time I replay the game. The ending is just that entertaining to see. :lol

Anyone else the same way?

chrono01

Also, I cannot stop watching the final boss' cutscenes every time I replay the game. The ending is just that entertaining to see. :lol

Anyone else the same way?
I'm playing through the game a second time and am watching every cutscene.

It would seem like a waste to simply skip them. They're so amazing.

RangerBAD

Can anyone give me a list of all the black chests with Endurance +1 in it? I'm at 190% and don't know where I missed the last one at.

Dawg

Somehow, I completed the entire game without finding out about codecs.

How do I use them and how do I get the trophy? Like, can I listen to them all at once or do you have to do it at specific points in the game?

Robot Pants

Can anyone give me a list of all the black chests with Endurance +1 in it? I'm at 190% and don't know where I missed the last one at.
I bet you it's right before he freight elevator in chapter 4. There is a small vent with one hidden in it right before you turn the corner to get on the elevator

chrono01

Here you go!

R-00 Guard Duty:

n/a

R-01 Coup d'Etat:

Before exiting the facility to fight Mistral, check the pair of ventilation fans to the right of the exit door. Break the fans to locate a balcony with this Blade Mode Box and the life up.

R-02 Research Facility:

Inside the room where Raiden sneaks through initially as a Dwarf Gekko. Complete the sneaking sequence, then as Raiden head up onto the catwalk to locate a Blade Mode Box containing this life up.

R-03 Mile High:

After leaving the dark subway tunnel and getting back on the streets, Raiden enounters three cyborgs a set of short stairs to the next area (which consists of long stairs). The life up is in a Blade Mode Box next to the base of the short stairs.

R-04 Hostile Takeover:

Before pushing the button to start Raiden's frentic freight elevator ride, check the ventilation duct in the hallway adjacent to the elevator shaft for a Blade Mode Box with the life up.

R-05 Escape From Denver:

Immediately after the first battle, check the grassy area to the "southeast" of the starting area (behind the World Marshal sign). The life up is in the Blade Mode Box. Remember that by disabling the mini-map from turning with your camera in the game's Option menu, you will have a rudimentary compass as the map will not turn with you.

R-06 Badlands Showdown:

n/a

R-07 Assassination Attempt:

At the exit to the hangar, there is a Blade Mode Box atop a tower of containers in the hangar's corner. Raiden needs to Ninja Run to a lower stack of containers, then Ninja Run and jump (normally) to catch the ledge to the life up.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/metal-gear-rising-revengeance/Endurance_Plus_(Life_Up)

Buntabox

Just did this last night. How did I not notice >.<.

MGS4 Raiden skin, though only slightly different, is still better than the Standard Body. Something about the lack of helmet/jaw just looks really odd to me.

Last boss was infinitely easier after a single play through and the game forcing me to learn to use Defensive Offense. I started on normal and probably should have skipped straight to Very Hard after that. My Hard play through was a breeze with upgrades.

I'm playing this game so much slower than everyone else in this thread though. 12 hour work days don't allow for much time.

strobogo

Banned
I'm playing very hard and I can't get past the second part of the Senator battle. Beat the Metal Gear, got to the check point of him crushing your blade, but for some reason I can't trigger into the official battle again. He just kills me in 2 or 3 shots even when I parry. Didn't have that problem on normal or hard.

I'm playing very hard and I can't get past the second part of the Senator battle. Beat the Metal Gear, got to the check point of him crushing your blade, but for some reason I can't trigger into the official battle again. He just kills me in 2 or 3 shots even when I parry. Didn't have that problem on normal or hard.

Don't parry, dodge instead.

RangerBAD

Just avoid him and he'll eventually go into that unblockable hit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is this the best power fantasy game? I can't think of anything else that's come as close to the cool shit I do in this. Bayonetta probaby was, but I kept getting uh... distracted.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Several posts in here don't have spoiler tags on some final boss details. May want to fix that for people that haven't finished yet.

Question about the last boss.
when he turns green what do I do? He seems to always flick my sword away when I try to use sword mode on him.

Just finished armstrong on very hard. I was trying to beat him with a non upgraded muramasa, no extra health and no extra blade mode/ripper guage. That was hella difficult. Did some BP farming and handed him his ass.

So that is the standard body unlocked.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Nanomachines, son.

I'm kinda disappointed we don't get to know what happens to Raiden (court martial ed?) at the end. But it's good to see that the Doc and Boris made good on helping Raiden save the kids by having the kids work for them when they come of age.

Nanomachines, son.

I'm kinda disappointed we don't get to know what happens to Raiden (court martial ed?) at the end. But it's good to see that the Doc and Boris made good on helping Raiden save the kids by having the kids work for them when they come of age.

Did you see the post credits cutscene?

It really is too bad that they couldn't get a "quick switch" for the unique weapons into the game, but practically every button already had some kind of use already.

I'm thinking it would've been neat if they made it so that you had the option of choosing which combos from which weapons you wanted. Like, you can set it so that Triangle, Triangle ended with the HF blade, but Triangle, Square ended with the polearm. Then make Circle the button for the sai, and just disable it when specific prompts (stealth kills, computer interaction) pop up.

RangerBAD

Is there a certain kind of cut you need to use? Usually when I do it,
even when the square lights up to show that I'm on the mark, he parries it anyway. Eventually I just back off and let him recover.

You have to be behind him for the square to appear. He should be stunned if you did it right.

moolhy

Banned
I'm playing through the game a second time and am watching every cutscene.

It would seem like a waste to simply skip them. They're so amazing.

I hope you're not one of those people that say in the same breath that mainline MGS games' cutscenes are unwatchable...

Top Bottom