• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

It's the part where you can't sneak up on anyone. You can't sneak in to the area. The guys with rockets are on the roofs of buildings and don't come down for like a minute of firing. And if you get hit with one, 3 more are coming right after it with no time to recover.

Just run in a big circle close to the buildings, when you near the RPG guys they will jump down; do one lap and then slice them up faster than an onion on an infomercial.

burgerdog

I am finding Revengeance a lot easier than Hard and Very Hard. Must be the perfect parry.

edit
I'm not using wigs, I only have a brown one available to me and I've yet to buy it.

Gila

Has anybody else been noticing slowdown and cutscene freezing in the ps3 version?

The cutscene just completely froze before the last boss but I could still pause and skip it.

Yup I had the exact same problem. I was getting really paranoid and ended up having to skip the cinematic's and just beat the last boss and watch the cutsenes on YouTube afterwards. I don't know what was going on but it had me really worried..

Yup I had the exact same problem. I was getting really paranoid and ended up having to skip the cinematic's and just beat the last boss and watch the cutsenes on YouTube afterwards. I don't know what was going on but it had me really worried..

Thanks. My ps3 is almost brand new so I was hoping that it wasn't my ps3 dying.

Duffyside

Banned
Got all the hands, didn't get the trophy. Betting I have to beat the final boss again to get it, but boy do I not want to do that. :/

Aesthet1c

Just beat it for the first time. Amazing game, although pretty short. I guess it will be fun to play again on harder difficulties.

Quick question, I got the Fox blade with my pre-order, is there any functional reason to purchase it? Seems like the final weapon is better, and the Fox blade is so expensive.

Just beat it for the first time. Amazing game, although pretty short. I guess it will be fun to play again on harder difficulties.

Quick question, I got the Fox blade with my pre-order, is there any functional reason to purchase it? Seems like the final weapon is better, and the Fox blade is so expensive.

Fox Blade is incredibly powerful. It ignores any type of blade deference and just slices everything apart. (With the exception of boss characters).

Its short but its a platinum game. Order of the day is Short game that is supposed to be replayed to achieve the best score.

Iv done Normal and Very Hard now. Don't think ill be playing much more outside of the DLC because of my Backlog but I'm more than happy with my £100 purchase of the White edition.

FrankWza

Ive read most of the thread but ive barely seen any mention of the other preorder skins. is the gamestop/bestbuy/amazon split like 70/15/15? im in U.S.
also would like to see a hattori hanzo dlc sword and the yellow/black game of death/kill bill outfit

Yeah, don't see any other DLC besides MGS4 Raiden on PSN :/

Australian account, US PS3, by the way. Does the console have to be from a certain region?

Hypron

The final playtime for my platinum was 28:02 if that helps.

Okay, thanks! I'm already at 25 hours, and I've still got 7 VR missions to go plus finishing the game in Revengeance with S ranks. I didn't really optimize my previous playthroughs though, I finished hard, very hard and revengeance without caring about collectibles so I had to do a 4th playthrough to get them all. I feel like I can finish the VR missions tomorrow, then I'll only have the lightning god achievement left to do. I'll probably take care of it during my next holidays.

Yeah, don't see any other DLC besides MGS4 Raiden on PSN :/

Australian account, US PS3, by the way. Does the console have to be from a certain region?

That's the only DLC that is available right now. Everything else is either a pre-order bonus or future DLC (Sam and Bladewolf DLC as well as new VR Mission's).

Got
senator armstrong
down to 47% health before dying today. Will try again tomorrow. Christ I hate those
pillars of fire
so much.

Where the hell are the dwarf gekkos pairs?

I think I remember seeing a pair in the sewers, in a side room or something. And there's a pair right before the Armstrong fight. When you walk out to the helipad they're directly on your left. But dont walk onto the helipad or youll trigger the boss fight. But I have no idea how to get to the platform they're on. Looking at the minimap, that platform doesn't show up on it.

And is there a list of the MiB locations? I only found 3/5 in my playthrough.

noffles

Banned
I think I remember seeing a pair in the sewers, in a side room or something. And there's a pair right before the Armstrong fight. When you walk out to the helipad they're directly on your left. But dont walk onto the helipad or youll trigger the boss fight. But I have no idea how to get to the platform they're on. Looking at the minimap, that platform doesn't show up on it.

And is there a list of the MiB locations? I only found 3/5 in my playthrough.

I've found the pair in the Sewers and I've also found the ones just before the Sundowner fight, but I didn't see the ones before the Armstrong fight. (although from the sounds of it, you're actually talking about the Sundowner ones)

Also, I have no idea about men in boxes. My Revengeance playthrough is most likely going to be my FIND EVERYTHING playthrough.

But it feels like I'm bluntly cheating this way. Asking for help on GAF is like COMMUNITY EFFORT and shit.

I've found the pair in the Sewers and I've also found the ones just before the Sundowner fight, but I didn't see the ones before the Armstrong fight. (although from the sounds of it, you're actually talking about the Sundowner ones)

Also, I have no idea about men in boxes. My Revengeance playthrough is most likely going to be my FIND EVERYTHING playthrough.

You're right! My bad. But Hypron's link has the locations. Hmm, looking at that link it says to use rockets on the pair before Sundowner. But I did that and they didn't get hit...

I finally beat VR 18 with a gold medal. I am a VR God!

That said, I think S-ranking everything will be easier than the VR God achievement could ever hope to be.

Really enjoying this game, but the machine gun enemies not having a "tell" when they fire combined with the troublesome camera is making parts of it excessively frustrating. Or I just suck at the game.

Even with the RPG guys, ninja running the fuck out of there seems like the only possible defense.

can you slice the RPGs midair in blademode? grenades atleast can be sliced open :D

LiK

my JPN LE happened to have the MGS4 Raiden skin code included but it's for JPN PSN i bet. hope it works with the NA game.

Robot Pants

Yea. You know, I think I'm good trying to do this S-Rank Revengeance on a new save. The game definitely wasnt designed with doing this in mind. Some of these encounters are just trial and error and luck.
Don't have time to spend beating this like I used to. Wish I did.

Got
senator armstrong
down to 47% health before dying today. Will try again tomorrow. Christ I hate those
pillars of fire
so much.

Pro tip - avoid them! In all seriousness, running + dodge get's you far in that fight, most of his attacks are pretty well telegraphed, see cracks in the ground, RUN AWAY! See him about to strike the ground? Always run left or right, the seeking attack will miss and the fire pillars go in a straight line.

my JPN LE happened to have the MGS4 Raiden skin code included but it's for JPN PSN i bet. hope it works with the NA game.

I have an America PS3 and use a NA account but since I live in Japan I bought the Japanese copy. I redeemed the DLC with my secondary JP account and it works on my NA account. Trophies also show up in English, too. I think as long as the DLC is installed to your PS3, it will work with any account on that system. Some DLC might be region locked, though.

I have an Asian copy of BF3, used an Asian account to redeem the Karkand code, worked with my NA account. I later bought DLC from the NA store and it worked with my Asian BF3 disc.

strobogo

Banned
Beat it on Revengeance. I feel there was a lot of artificial difficulty ramp up in it. Instead of more enemies or different AI, it was more like "everyone can kill you with one hit" kind of stuff. I'm thinking about running through easy with the wooden sword just for fun. I don't think I've ever beaten a game on every difficulty.

Most of the VR Missions can suck it, though. No way I'm getting 1st on well over half of them.

LiK

I have an America PS3 and use a NA account but since I live in Japan I bought the Japanese copy. I redeemed the DLC with my secondary JP account and it works on my NA account. Trophies also show up in English, too. I think as long as the DLC is installed to your PS3, it will work with any account on that system. Some DLC might be region locked, though.

I have an Asian copy of BF3, used an Asian account to redeem the Karkand code, worked with my NA account. I later bought DLC from the NA store and it worked with my Asian BF3 disc.

ah, very cool

Axspell

Neo Member
Yeah, it does. Felt kinda awkward for the first half of the first chapter, but then it clicked. Loving it now.

It never felt like it slowed the pace down for me. The feedback you get from the game, satisfyingly slicing them to bits, and ending it with a Zandatsu to only then parry or start attacking another guy keeps the pace high and intense.

The demo is only a small sampling of encounters and truthfully doesn't represent how fast paced the game can get when you have all your skills, custom weapons, and blade upgraded later on in the game when there's way more enemies and action flying around everywhere.

The pace never slowed down for me because of Blade Mode or anything. It only slowed down when I got hit repeatedly for screwing up.

Cool. Thanks for your guys' input. I think that was my only concern with the game, so I'm looking forward to picking it up!

One other question... do the VR missions make a significant case for getting the PS3 version above the 360? I prefer getting my games on 360, but...

Cool. Thanks for your guys' input. I think that was my only concern with the game, so I'm looking forward to picking it up!

One other question... do the VR missions make a significant case for getting the PS3 version above the 360? I prefer getting my games on 360, but...

I think I've had enough VR missions to last me a lifetime, they're way too difficult and not fun enough to warrant it to me. Maybe the next set will fix it, but I doubt it. I still don't know why the 360 version has 2 achievements for the DL-VR missions though if we aren't getting it.

I think I've had enough VR missions to last me a lifetime, they're way too difficult and not fun enough to warrant it to me. Maybe the next set will fix it, but I doubt it. I still don't know why the 360 version has 2 achievements for the DL-VR missions though if we aren't getting it.
They're just exclusive in NA... for now.

Does anyone what the requirements are to get the Amateur Radio Operator achievement? Do I basically keep calling to try to hear as much new stuff as I can and I should eventually get it?

The codecs carry over between playthroughs and anytime something new is introduced in the story, you enter a new area or a new enemy appears, call everyone on the codec. Sometimes only one or two characters will have something new to say. You can fast-forward through the conversations, though. It's still pretty dull, regardless.

jett

D-Member
As someone that has the radio operator trophy, I'll say that the game doesn't skip conversations quick enough. :p Aside from 99% of them being boring as fuck, if you're going for the trophy you'll inevitably be hearing/reading the same things several times. I have no advice except to always call people when something new surfaces(new area, new enemy, new item, new boss stage, new weapon, new whatever). Whenever anything out of the ordinary happens...which is very often in this crazy game.

Hypron

As someone that has the radio operator trophy, I'll say that the game doesn't skip conversations quick enough. :p Aside from 99% of them being boring as fuck, if you're going for the trophy you'll inevitably be hearing/read the same things several times.

Yeah, when you've already heard a conversation there should be a way to skip the entire thing. Some of them take a good 20/30 seconds even when you hold the Y button down to skip everything. It's just crazy.

Picked up that Shinkawa steelcase:
mgr.jpg

Jintor

An instant skip conversation button would be good, yeah

It's fantastic you can skip individual lines though. And they're all voice acted! And it flows smoooooooth.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I can't wait to see the high quality cosplay from this.

Mistral please.

Top Bottom