• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I'm sure that Omi Gibson chick will oblige with some ridiculously professional cosplay:
1770142.jpg

1768285.jpg

8DGQM0s.jpg

Ban Puncher

Finished the game a couple of days ago and thought it was safe to finally enter the OT.

There was a lock-on button?! FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

At least that will come in handy for repeated playthroughs. Also fully upgraded FOX blade, white armour and Wig B = unstoppable death machine.

Does this game have a similar type of backflip to Bayonetta? (The one that activates slow mo witch time). Would help dodging immensely.

How do you avoid Ray's horizontal beam? Started up Very Hard with ass Raiden, those fucking Fenrirs. They were everywhere and nowhere

Does this game have a similar type of backflip to Bayonetta? (The one that activates slow mo witch time). Would help dodging immensely.

Nope

There is a dodge move but you have to buy it. It doesn't cover much distance but if you time it right, you're completely invulnerable.

deim0s

How do you avoid Ray's horizontal beam? Started up Very Hard with ass Raiden, those fucking Fenrirs. They were everywhere and nowhere

When you ninja run the first beam, keep on running. Fenrirs you can skip past them. If you're going against them head on... pull them back to the first area.

demidar

When you ninja run the first beam, keep on running. Fenrirs you can skip past them. If you're going against them head on... pull them back to the first area.

There's a really easy way to cheese the wolves, slide attack into the RPG guy to try and trigger slow-mo Blade Mode, then when you cut him up click and hold the left stick to move around while still in Blade Mode and start swiping at the wolves. You have infinite Blade Mode as long as you don't release.

Carbonox

So I got the trophies for beating Sundowner and Sam without taking damage. Sundowner was SO FUCKING EASY, holy crap. Sam was a pain in the ass until I got the blocking down. Pincer's help massively during his sword-less phase. Block > single hit from Pincer for like 10% damage, repeat. The last phase of his fight kept catching me out though due to the shit camera and not fully knowing where to block when he comes at you from the sky.

Anyway,
Armstrong's
left and while I can do the first and third (the arena fight) segments without getting hit, for some reason I can't block his big kick at the end of the second which initiates the cutscene. I can survive the two minutes required without taking a hit but then he comes at you with this unblockable kick (but glows red?) which I try to block. It then initiates the cutscene and I can't restart the second segment anymore (meaning I have to replay the whole level again each time).

Are you supposed to dodge that kick or is it supposed to happen to initiate the next stage? If so, then what the fuck is happening and why am I not getting the trophy? I literally take NO damage from the first and third stages of the fight.

Nemesis_

So I got the trophies for beating Sundowner and Sam without taking damage. Sundowner was SO FUCKING EASY, holy crap. Sam was a pain in the ass until I got the blocking down. Pincer's help massively during his sword-less phase. Block > single hit from Pincer for like 10% damage, repeat. The last phase of his fight kept catching me out though due to the shit camera and not fully knowing where to block when he comes at you from the sky.

Anyway,
Armstrong's
left and while I can do the first and third (the arena fight) segments without getting hit, for some reason I can't block his big kick at the end of the second which initiates the cutscene. I can survive the two minutes required without taking a hit but then he comes at you with this unblockable kick (but glows red?) which I try to block. It then initiates the cutscene and I can't restart the second segment anymore (meaning I have to replay the whole level again each time).

Are you supposed to dodge that kick or is it supposed to happen to initiate the next stage? If so, then what the fuck is happening and why am I not getting the trophy? I literally take NO damage from the first and third stages of the fight.

Don't bother blocking. Just dodge.

I took no damage from Excelsus up til the very end, FWIW.

The attack that initiates the next phase is, if I remember right, not actually a kick. It's more of a shockwave.

deim0s

There's a really easy way to cheese the wolves, slide attack into the RPG guy to try and trigger slow-mo Blade Mode, then when you cut him up click and hold the left stick to move around while still in Blade Mode and start swiping at the wolves. You have infinite Blade Mode as long as you don't release.

Hah. Ok that's one thing I have to try in Revengeance.

Just finished Very Hard that I started yesterday - pretty smooth sailing. Not trying S-ranking shit yet. ;)

No idea about the Xbox 360 version but the PS3 version is perfectly fine from what I've experienced. The controller you prefer will should be the deciding factor because this game can be pretty rough on your hands. My hands are still sore from S ranking Monsoon.

Carbonox

Hah, I derped so hard against AI Monsoon it was hilarious. Somehow getting stomped by him despite beating actual Monsoon without taking damage and AI Monsoon being so much easier. Dunno why. I just wasn't with it during that fight in this particular run. :lol

It's as if after hours of trying to do tough tasks, you go to an easy task and it becomes harder than the tough task if you do it not long after.

NEO0MJ

Can someone please tell me if
Solidus is in this game?
Just a yes or no :eek:

Nope.

Question of my own. Do I need to collect all the commander left arms/listen to all the codecs in single playthrough or is it OK if I collect them by just replaying chapters?

Anyone know where I can get a HQ pic of Raiden at the end
with the blood on his face and the sun behind him?
Shit looks baller as fuck

demidar

It's funny how the world goes to shit even moreso with the Patriots gone. :lol

The Patriots knew the world would go to shit without them, so they created AIs to make sure it doesn't happen. Turns out the Patriots were actually the good guys.

Shyamalantwist.gif

Did you rike it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Hm, I'm trying to decide if I want to S-Rank
Sundowner
by initiating that second phase to get those two Zandatsus, or simply get a 50 hit combo instead. Recommendations?

Mike M

Nick N
So is Wolf just the Blade Wolf boss rebuilt by Maverick, or a new unit based on Blade Wolf's design? He kinda came out of nowhere, I imagine it was probably explained in a codec conversation.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So is Wolf just the Blade Wolf boss rebuilt by Maverick, or a new unit based on Blade Wolf's design? He kinda came out of nowhere, I imagine it was probably explained in a codec conversation.

Yeah, it's explained in a codec conversation. He's the Blade Wolf boss. They talk about retrieving his A.I. They put it into a new Maverick designed unit.

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
SWEET JAYSUS I BEAT THIS FUCKER.

The last boss is actually very doable once I discovered how to, well, dodge. That nice little backstep/slash combo that Platinum didn't bother to inform me I was capable of doing is REALLY FUCKING HANDY.

Like I could have obliterated the game on normal with that thing.

Nemesis_

Could someone with the guide post some pictures and tell me how good it is compared to the bayo one?

I posted some up earlier in the thread.

I took some shit photos of the CE Guide. Someone asked, so here they are. I have finished the game 100% now, so it's useless to me, but a nice item to have haha. The blade on the front is shiny *.* as is the Japanese character on the back. It kind of reacted with the camera in a weird way.

Here you go.

It's Blade Wolf (same brain) in either his rebuilt body or a Fenrir one. I'm not sure which.

^^^

Where did you get your guide, Nemesis_?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
SWEET JAYSUS I BEAT THIS FUCKER.

The last boss is actually very doable once I discovered how to, well, dodge. That nice little backstep/slash combo that Platinum didn't bother to inform me I was capable of doing is REALLY FUCKING HANDY.

Like I could have obliterated the game on normal with that thing.

1) You bought the move. 2) There's a movelist.

But congrats on beating it anyway!

Nemesis_

It's Blade Wolf (same brain) in either his rebuilt body or a Fenrir one. I'm not sure which.

^^^

Where did you get your guide Nemesis?

I ordered mine through Amazon.

You can buy them here (Australia) through JB Hi-Fi, though I forgot to cancel my order after my Amazon one so now I have two ;_;

You can buy them here (Australia) through JB Hi-Fi, though I forgot to cancel my order after my Amazon one so now I have two ;_;

Didn't know JB had the collector's. I thought I'd be clever and order from Bookdepository but they dicked me by pushing back the release date after the release date and now I'm still waiting for them to send it out lol

At least I'm saving a few bucks.

Nemesis_

Didn't know JB had the collector's. I thought I'd be clever and order from Bookdepository but they dicked me by pushing back the release date after the release date and now I'm still waiting for them to send it lol

At least I'm saving a few bucks.

For some weird reason, EB are doing the standard guide while JB were doing the collector. It's odd, usually EB just gets both :p

Top Bottom