• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Fucking hell. Made it further than ever on a wave-based VR mission, then the camera gets locked on a Dwarf Gekko and refuses to change to the larger Gekko charging me to death.

at last boss on hard. didn't know how to cut that shitty rock and gave up for now. weird to see this bullshit on the last streak.

perfect game up until now.

The pattern is always the same and from what I remember, you only need to get 3 of the 4 points to break the debris

Using cardinal directions for what you should do with the RS, it's something like:
1 = SW ~ SSW
2 = Use the LS to shift up and WNW
3 = Horizontal so just use square on PS3 or X for 360 (might require a bit of shifting also)
then you have to slash Armstrong as he jumps at you

luka

Loves Robotech S1
If people are running out of time to cut the rocks because they don't have full FC, you all remember you have electrolyte packs to refill the meter right? That was like the only time in the game that I used them.

deim0s

If people are running out of time to cut the rocks because they don't have full FC, you all remember you have electrolyte packs to refill the meter right? That was like the only time in the game that I used them.

Heh. Last nite, was dicking around with the electrolyte packs - found the use of the down in the d-pad.

Without any upgrades (I spent everything on the HF blade and unlocking skills) the window for slicing those things is ridiculously short. Took me like 20 deaths before I could figure out how to do it in time.

The pattern is always the same and from what I remember, you only need to get 3 of the 4 points to break the debris

Using cardinal directions for what you should do with the RS, it's something like:
1 = SW ~ SSW
2 = Use the LS to shift up and WNW
3 = Horizontal so just use square on PS3 or X for 360 (might require a bit of shifting also)
then you have to slash Armstrong as he jumps at you

thanks. will try to apply this. i only have like 2-3 seconds to line this up, but...

if this trick works, then it'll be much be easier.

ultron87

Tried final boss enough times to get a headache. That equals bed time. He's fun though and the kind of difficulty I like.

Build up was so sick. "... this isn't my sword!"

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh my God, I beat the final boss on Revengeance... no damage... A rank. Fuck. 9900 points... literally 100 points away.

Part of it was my time. He took way too long on the second form to initiate the special attack and so it's eating into the time I have for the next form.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
After breaking his healing orb thing, go into blade mode and rack up like an 80 hit combo while he's falling down.

edit- if it was time, nvm.

Actually, that's good advice. That would have helped me too because my combo wasn't maxed out. Do I just stay in blade mode after and keep slashing or should I run forward and reinitiate blade mode?

Actually, that's good advice. That would have helped me too because my combo wasn't maxed out. Do I just stay in blade mode after and keep slashing or should I run forward and reinitiate blade mode?

Probably either would work. If he ever gets too far away, click the left stick to walk forward while in blade mode and keep slashing.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So what the fuck is the High Frequency long sword good for anyway? It feels slower than everything else, I can't tell if it is stronger and if it is stronger that gets negated by the fact that it could be slower and the reach doesn't even feel significant. It looks kinda cool I guess, like an extra long handle on the regular HF sword and a really cool swing effect.

But it's so underwhelming considering all the bullshit i had to do to get it.

Edit: Well this is interesting, because the HF long sword animations are slower it seems to (might be a placebo effect) let me perfect parry ridiculously easy because the active frames for it might last longer. My timing is awful but I still seem to be perfect parrying almost everything now into the counter for the 1 hit ko move.

Hypron

That did it, man. Thanks a lot!

Revengeance has been S-ranked. Now for the VR Missions....

I haven't S ranked revengeance mode yet (I only through it once though), but the VR missions weren't that bad at all. There are only 2 really hard VR missions, but they're not even that bad. They are definitely nowhere near the difficulty of Vanquish's challenge 6 for example.

Raxus

Man I must be close to the codec achievement. What am I missing?

I am down to my last VR mission. Mission 18. Let's do this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I haven't S ranked revengeance mode yet (I only through it once though), but the VR missions weren't that bad at all. There are only 2 really hard VR missions, but they're not even that bad. They are definitely nowhere near the difficulty of Vanquish's challenge 6 for example.

Yeah, I'll save them for another day. I Golded 5 of the easy ones, so I've got a ways to go.

Also, I have to admit something heinous. I never finished Vanquish.

One code for both skin and weapon.

Ah... thank you.

Also, I have to admit something heinous. I never finished Vanquish.

If you got dat PS+ then it's free to download

ALSO

I have a $10 American U.S.A. PSN code. I'm looking for a U.S. American Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Gray Fox DLC code.

The $10 code will expire by the 5th of March.

I am aware that the Gray Fox DLC will probably be made available to everyone very soon and that it won't cost $10, but I was going to just five this away anyway otherwise.

Someone asked how to cut the tail of ray:
You need to be far away enough so he can't stomp you and close enough so he can't shoot his laser. He rarely swings his tail, you need to parry it and cut the tail.

Torraz

Just now played the Rising Demo, on normal. On the one hand I loved it. On the other hand I died three times at the boss and twice at the section with the two mechs.

Parrying is giving me problems, which is a bit surprising as the mechanic seems to be pretty similar to the moon of mahlaa kahlaa (sp?!) from Bayonetta. I did not have too many issues there. I think I have seen three parry outcomes?

1. too late --> dmg
2. too early --> throws enemy back
3. just right --> allows for a QTE

Any hints on how to time it just right? Is there some good combat tutorial video online somewhere?

Another question: Occasionally when killing a bigger enemy time would slow down, almost as if giving me the chance to perform some finisher or to slash the enemy in a thousand pieces, but none of the buttons did anyting. Are those scenes just for exposition?

Very interested in the game, but not sure if it would be too frustrating. When I beat the boss it felt very bosslike.

Just now played the Rising Demo, on normal. On the one hand I loved it. On the other hand I died three times at the boss and twice at the section with the two mechs.

Parrying is giving me problems, which is a bit surprising as the mechanic seems to be pretty similar to the moon of mahlaa kahlaa (sp?!) from Bayonetta. I did not have too many issues there. I think I have seen three parry outcomes?

1. too late --> dmg
2. too early --> throws enemy back
3. just right --> allows for a QTE

Any hints on how to time it just right? Is there some good combat tutorial video online somewhere?

Another question: Occasionally when killing a bigger enemy time would slow down, almost as if giving me the chance to perform some finisher or to slash the enemy in a thousand pieces, but none of the buttons did anyting. Are those scenes just for exposition?

Very interested in the game, but not sure if it would be too frustrating. When I beat the boss it felt very bosslike.

too late - get hit
too early - you parry (block)
just right - you parry and counterattack for damage and it has different effects on different enemies (some enemies it will automatically let you do the finisher on them, some it just does lots of damage, etc).

Looking forward to it!

Good luck!

On a side note, the soundtrack that came with the LE, is that the full vocals? It does say "official soundtrack".

Actually, the soundtrack with the Limited Edition is an instrumental one, only containing one or two instrumental versions of the vocal tracks, with the rest being the actual instrumental pieces (title menu, non-boss battle music, etc.).

It's completely different than the vocal soundtrack.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Someone asked how to cut the tail of ray:
You need to be far away enough so he can't stomp you and close enough so he can't shoot his laser. He rarely swings his tail, you need to parry it and cut the tail.

an important thing to remember here is that even though the tail swings around and hits you on your left you still have to press in the direction of the ray itself to parry, like any other enemy, not the tail itself. mg excelsus is the only enemy whose limbs are considered entities that can be parried independently of the main body.

Ezi0

I finally managed to complete VR mission 18 :D. Just need to get first place on mission 5 and 17 now. Virtually a God trophy awaits!

Edit: Just Number 5 to go now :).

NIN90

Suit outfit manages to make Raiden look more goofy than the regular outfit. That's something I guess.
I'm rocking prologue outfit myself.

Carbonox

Suit outfit manages to make Raiden look more goofy than the regular outfit. That's something I guess.
I'm rocking prologue outfit myself.

The prologue outfit is my favourite too. I find it to be more suitable and fitting than his Black Raiden look. He actually still looks like Raiden.

I am testing out the Cyborg Ninja outfit atm though. Looks awesome.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I would pay top dollar for a Hideo Kojima DLC skin. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

gl21cJG.jpg

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus Christ there's a lot of Codecs convo in this game.

Now I understand why the achievement says to listen to MOST of them.

There are 540 unique codec conversations in the game

gotta listen to 400 for the trophy

so if anyone wants to count.... lol

Carbonox

There are 540 unique codec conversations in the game

gotta listen to 400 for the trophy

so if anyone wants to count.... lol

I started another run yesterday purely for the Codecs. I tried counting in my head each time but got irritated doing so just winging it now.

Such a shit achievement.

Zaki2407

Wow, this game is on another level. I didn,t have much time to play recently because of works. Got the game last week and only got to play a few times. Just defeated Monsoon and wow what a blast. I think I will brake my 6 year old Sixaxis controller by the time I finish the game ^_^. Ok, Sundowner, your next!!

Top Bottom